|Release date||24 October 2005 (Update)|
|High Alch||120 coins|
|Low Alch||60 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price|| 4 dose:|
|Examine||A Saradomin Brew.|
Saradomin brew is made by mixing clean toadflax and then a crushed nest in a vial of water, giving 180 Herblore experience. It requires level 81 Herblore. It is slightly lighter in colour than a strength potion.
Each sip of Saradomin brew increases lifepoints by 1000 and increases Defence by 1-4 levels (4% + 1). However, it also drains Strength, Attack, Magic, and Ranged levels by the same amount. Unlike any regular food, Saradomin brew does not drain the user's adrenaline.
|Saradomin brew (3)|
|Toadflax potion (unf)||1||4,915||4,915|
It is universally advised to only use this potion in combination with restore, super restore, or overload potions in order to counteract the draining of the player's Attack, Strength, Magic and Range stats. Without using restore potions the Saradomin brew will reduce a player's levels to under level 10 within 5-8 doses, depending on the player's stats. As this effectively defeats the point of using it by quickly rendering players nearly incapable of doing damage, it is generally avoided.
The brew has one of the best amounts of healing per inventory spot. The only better methods are the Unicorn Stallion's healing aura scroll, titan's constitution scroll, and a stack of purple sweets. Brews are commonly used in places such as in the TzHaar Fight Cave while attempting to obtain a Fire cape, in high-leveled Player killing, during Barrows runs (to decrease the number of bank trips required), and are even used in Nomad's Requiem as a popular strategy to defeat Nomad.
Note: The Saradomin brew may not be consumed in Clan Wars or when dueling if food has been disabled.
This table is based on the Grand Exchange prices of a vial of water, the toadflax, and crushed nest. It is accurate assuming all three items are bought from the Grand Exchange and the Saradomin brew is sold afterwards.
|Herb state||Material cost||Profit/loss||Profit/xp|
Dropping monsters Edit
Saradomin brew (1) Edit
Saradomin brew (2) Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Chaos Elemental 138 5–6 Uncommon Mature grotworm 140 1 Uncommon Grotworm 90 1 Rare Queen Black Dragon 220 4–10 Common
Saradomin brew (3) Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Commander Zilyana 210 3 Uncommon
Saradomin brew (4) Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Nex 220 30, 10(x3) (dropped with super restores) Common
- When it is ingested the chatbox message says, "You drink some of the foul liquid", unlike other potions message - "You drink some of your (potion's name). You have (1-3) doses left/You have finished your potion."
- If you drink a Saradomin brew and enter the Wilderness, you will see in the chatbox "Your extreme potion bonus has been reduced.", and your defence bonus from the Saradomin brew will be reduced to the bonus of a super defence potion.
- It is the only tradable potion that cannot be modified with Caviar.
- Its price plummeted after the release of EoC, mainly due to the amount of times needed to click to heal a large amount of lifepoints. Prior to EoC, a brew would heal a player with 99 Constitution about three times as much as a shark would. After EoC, however, a brew heals only 25% more life points than a shark and will only heal 500 life points per dose, while sharks can heal 1600 life points in one click. Their defence boost is also much weaker after the EoC.
- With the release of Legacy Mode, Saradomin Brews now heal 1000 LP per dose, twice what they healed post-eoc. This buff, combined with the players' LP system reverting to the 990/9900 system and the removal of Constitution level-based food healing, has once again made Saradomin Brews one of the highest healing items in the game per inventory space. A 4 dose vial will heal 4000 LP total, while a flask can heal a maximum of 6000; by comparison, Shark and Rocktail will heal 2000 and 2300 respectively.
|Grapes||Grapes of Zamorak • Grapes of Saradomin • Grapes of Guthix|
|Wines||Wine of Zamorak (unfermented) • Wine of Saradomin (unfermented) • Wine of Guthix (unfermented)|
|Potions||Zamorak brew • Saradomin brew • Guthix rest|
|Flasks||Zamorak brew flask • Saradomin brew flask • Guthix rest flask|
|Super potions||Super Zamorak brew • Super Saradomin brew • Super Guthix rest|
|Super flasks||Super Zamorak brew flask • Super Saradomin brew flask • Super Guthix brew flask|