"SGS" redirects here. For the microtransaction store, see Solomon's General Store.
|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|High Alch||750,000 coins|
|Low Alch||500,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||28,468,977 coins (info)|
|Examine||A gracious, heavy sword.|
The Saradomin godsword is one of the four legendary godswords that was fought over during the God Wars. Requiring 75 Attack to wield, it is created by attaching a Saradomin hilt to a completed godsword blade, which has no requirements and can be done by any player.
Currently the Saradomin godsword is the most valuable of the four fabled Godswords, with its ability to regenerate lifepoints and prayer making it very useful on Slayer tasks and boss hunting.
The Saradomin godsword has a passive ability that has a 25% chance to restore 3% life points and 3% prayer points. This occurs regardless of whether or not the damage dealt is from autoattacks or abilities. The amount restored is always 3%; it is not dependent on the amount of damage dealt. Therefore, the passive ability will activate most often when the sword is used to deliver multiple hits, such as with Fury, Dismember, and Slaughter, as well as any of the two-handed melee abilities that hit multiple targets.
This effect is quite powerful, needing merely 14 activations (or on average, 56 hits) to surpass healing provided by the Rejuvenate ability, and 56 hits should comfortably fit within a space of 5 minutes in most combat situations. Its prayer restoration is also now capable of restoring up to about 18% prayer per minute if assuming the player uses abilities without stop. It's therefore interesting to note that unlike the other godswords, the Saradomin godsword's post-EoC passive effect actually (vastly) surpasses its pre-EoC special attack in terms of healing (and prayer restoration). It even surpasses the Rejuvenate ability, which is a more powerful version of the old Enhanced Excalibur special, which in turn was commonly regarded as superior in terms of healing compared to the Saradomin godsword's special.
A player wielding a saradomin godsword
|[view] • [talk]|
- Before the Evolution of Combat this weapon used to have a special attack. It was replaced by a passive healing ability as part of the update.
- Like the other godswords and the God Wars Dungeon itself, the Saradomin godsword received a graphical update in September 2012.
- For a time, there was a bug whereby the Saradomin godsword's minimum healing was too high. For example, the godsword healed a minimum of 199 life points and 99 prayer points, instead of 100 and 50 respectively, if used by a player with 93 Strength and a +163 strength bonus. This was fixed in an update.
- The Saradomin godsword is the only sword to maintain a look similiar to the former godswords before September 2012.
- Due to the fact that the passive effect has a chance to heal and restore prayer points after every hit, it has become very popular in PvM.
God Wars Dungeon-related items
|Robes of subjugation|
|Ancient ceremonial robes|