|Saradomin, as seen in the God Letters.|
|Colours||White, blue, yellow, cyan|
Saradomin (pronounced "Sa-rah-dome-in", colloquially Sara) is the god of "pleasantry, order, and wisdom" and is one of the most popular gods. Little is known about his past, but he has a great number of followers, and there are far more churches dedicated to Saradomin than to Zamorak. Most of his followers reside in Misthalin, Asgarnia, Kandarin and Entrana, but there are several groups outside these areas. Unlike those of Zamorak or Guthix, his followers consist almost entirely of humans. Saradomin's symbol is a four-pointed star (that is usually coloured gold or silver). Full Saradomin armour comprises of Saradomin platelegs/Saradomin plateskirt, Saradomin platebody, Saradomin full helm, and a Saradomin kiteshield.
In the FunOrb game Arcanists, statues of Saradomin can be found on the Sky Castle stage.
History of Saradomin
Evil must be destroyed in all of its forms, not mollycoddled and allowed to spread. Should Guthix have his way, he would allow the evil Zamorakians free reign within my lands, spreading their forces like a cancer until they were ingrained so deeply, that to remove them would destroy the world. I will never permit such an abomination to occur on these lands, for I cannot suffer such evil to live on. Only through purification can we cleanse this world of all evil, and live in the utopia which my order offers, yet foolish Guthix cannot see how my path is the only true way this world may flourish!
- — Saradomin[src]
Compared to other main gods not much is known about Saradomin's past. But it is known that he set his first foot on Gielinor on the island Entrana. This is why all Saradomin's followers have always considered the island as the holiest place in all of Gielinor. He most likely arrived along with other gods such as Armadyl and Zaros in the second age.
Soon after the gods arrived on Gielinor, they started to conquer land. Saradomin's biggest known settlement at that time was the city of Hallowvale. Hallowvale was a mighty city inhabited with Icyene and humans, and ruled by Queen Efaritay and King Ascertes. Hallowvale still exists today under the name of Meiyerditch. Entrana remained under the control of Saradomin through the entire second age, and a fortress was also built on Dragontooth island. He also possibly conquered areas in modern day Asgarnia. In the second age Saradomin had a strong alliance with Armadyl, whether this friendship started before or after their arrival on Gielinor is still unknown. For reasons currently unknown, he appeared to be on bad terms with Zaros, who ruled the mightiest empire of the entire second age.
Near the end of the second age, the Zarosian Mahjarrat general Zamorak started to make plans to overthrow his master. Many Mahjarrat sided with him, and Saradomin sent spies to Zamorak's base of operations in order to keep an eye on him.
When the Staff of Armadyl, an extremely powerful artefact owned by the god Armadyl, was taken by a Saradomin follower named Valdez, he wanted to take the artefact to Saradomin. However, through a series of unfortunate and accidental actions which some Saradominists played a role in, the staff fell into Zamorak's hands instead. With the power of the staff, Zamorak challenged Zaros in combat, which led to Zaros' banishment. Zamorak, who absorbed most of Zaros' power, was banished as well by Saradomin and the other gods, although he later returned as a god himself. Since Zaros' banishment, Saradomin has done everything possible to cover up any information regarding Zaros, mainly to prevent him gaining followers, and thus possibly returning.
After Zaros' banishment, many of his followers sided with Zamorak, and the remaining Zarosian settlements were soon destroyed, mostly by Saradomin and Zamorak. However, after the destruction of the empire, Zamorak turned against the other gods. This marked the beginning of the infamous god wars.
Senntisten was the only settlement to survive the many attacks of Saradomin and Zamorak, making it the last Zarosian settlement of that time.
The other gods, including Saradomin, soon wanted to conquer the lands Zaros once ruled. Many battles were held mainly in Forinthry; because of its many resources many gods wanted control over it. The war escalated, however, and soon all of Gielinor was dragged into the war.
Saradomin was one of the most active gods of the god wars, fighting against the armies of Zamorak, who turned into his worst enemy. Many Icyene from Hallowvale left the city in order to fight for their god. Entrana remained in Saradomin's hands during the wars. Saradomin claimed most victories in the areas of modern-day Asgarnia and Misthalin.
However, as much as Saradomin fought against Zamorak, he couldn't prevent him from claiming Hallowvale, which quickly fell to the vampyre lord Drakan, backed by an army granted by Zamorak in exchange for helping him overthrow Zaros. Many Icyene, which were Saradomin's strongest tools of war, were wiped out during the battles.
In a last ditch effort to destroy Zamorak, Saradomin called Armadyl and Bandos together to create the godsword, an artefact so powerful that it could kill a god. Saradomin gathered a last battalion to fight Zamorak's unstoppable forces, and the aviantese of Armadyl were charged with the task of delivering the godsword to this army. But they were ambushed by Zamorak's forces while Saradomin's army was attacked as well. The aviantese retreated into the god wars dungeon, and Saradomin and Bandos sent their forces into the dungeon to aid the aviantese. It was during this time that the champion of Zaros, Nex , awoke from her enchanted sleep. Laying waste to vast numbers of followers from all sides, Nex , while weakened from her slumber, was nearly unstoppable. The 4 Gods stood in a temporary alliance and trapped Nex behind the Frozen Door.
Before any god could claim the godsword, however, Guthix awoke from his slumber and immediately put an end to the God wars. The combatants of the dungeon were left frozen in the dungeon, and the edicts of Guthix were then enacted, banishing all gods from Gielinor and prevented them from ever returning. They could still make contact with the world through their followers, however.
In the fourth age, the numbers of Saradomin followers rose greatly. He is currently the most worshipped god, among the NPCs, in the world. The church of Saradomin was founded, raising the religion even more. In most human kingdoms, following Zamorak became an illegal action.
Saradomin's followers consisted almost entirely of humans from that point onwards.
In response to letters he received, he claimed to have created the sense of morality and peace that exists on Gielinor: "Ah... but have you questioned whatever motives Guthix himself might have, to slander me so outrageously? Would you give him the credit for the peace that mostly reigns upon this world for his contribution of sleep? I call this world my creation, for the value system of honour, and courage, and mercy, and wisdom are attributes that I brought to this once barbaric land! It is true, I did not physically create the raw material of this world, but I have shaped and sculpted it into the glorious land that it is today!" Also, Sir Amik Varze, though having mysteriously come to rule over Falador through King Vallance's absence, claims that killing an 'unarmed foe', even a Zamorakian as murderous and dangerous as Solus Dellagar is against the way of his Knights and that of Saradomin, a teaching written in Saradomin's Holy book: "Show love to your friends, and mercy to your enemies, and know that the wisdom of Saradomin will follow."
And yet, as per a quote above, Saradomin himself wished only ill on those who followed Zamorak, claiming that the world needed to be purified of their evil.
- Monk's robe (top)
- Monk's robe (bottom)
- Holy Symbol
- Salve Amulet and Salve amulet (e)
- Holy book
- Saradomin staff
- Saradomin Cape
- Gravy Boat of Saradomin
- Saradomin brew
- Saradomin arrow
- Ring of Devotion
- Saradomin full helmet
- Saradomin platebody
- Saradomin plateskirt
- Saradomin platelegs
- Saradomin kiteshield
- All White Knight armour
- All Proselyte and Initiate armour.
Saradomin Ranger Armour
- Saradomin coif
- Saradomin bracers
- Saradomin chaps
- Saradomin D'hide
- Saradomin Blessed Dragonhide Armour
- Saradomin Blue
- Saradomin Blue Breeze
Some Saradominists believe that there are only three gods, denying the existence of other gods/demi-gods.
Groups and races
- Man - Most citizens of RuneScape, primarily in Misthalin, Asgarnia and Kandarin, follow Saradomin.
- Monk - Men who have devoted their life to the follow of Saradomin.
- Myreque - An organisation plotting against Lord Drakan in Morytania.
- H.A.M. - An extremist group trying to destroy non-human races.
- White Knights - An organisation centred in and devoted to the protection of Asgarnia. Headquartered in Falador.
- Temple knights - An ancient organisation tied to the White Knights who were involved in the Sea Slug conflicts of the Third Age.
- Icyene - A near-extinct race of winged humanoids with notable power against the Vampyres.
- Holy Order of Paladins
- At least some Centaurs.
- Commander Zilyana - leader of Saradomin's army in the God Wars Dungeon, who is one of the few remaining Icyenes.
- Wise Old Man - famous Saradominist hero and mage.
- Sigmund - former advisor to the Duke of Lumbridge. He became the leader of his own split faction of the H.A.M cult. After a few failed attempts to destroy the Dorgeshuun, he is killed by Zanik.
- Drezel - the priest in Paterdomus, the ancient temple dedicated to Saradomin that protects Misthalin from Morytania's evil taint. He plays a role in several quests.
- Zealot - a Saradominist zealot on a mission to investigate the Abandoned Mine.
- Roddeck - the advisor
- Sir Vant and his Squire - Sir Vant was partially responsible for the death of the dragon in Unstable Foundations; his squire was unfortunately incinerated during the mission.
- The Barrows Brothers (Formerly) - six powerful warriors sent to Morytania in the Third Age.
- Brother Jered - leader of the Monastery located west of Edgeville
- Sir Amik Varze - leader of the White Knights of Falador and Current ruler of Asgarnia.
- King Tyras - ruler of West Ardougne, brother of the evil King Lathas, currently believed to be dead due to the actions of one of his brother's unwitting agents.
- Sir Tiffy Cashien - head of the recruitment of the Temple Knights.
- Abbot Langley - monk guard of the Monastery.
- Silif - a spy working for Akrisae Kolluym who helps in While Guthix Sleeps.
- Akrisae - a Saradomin priest who acts as a representative of the Temple Knights during While Guthix Sleeps.
- High Priest - leader of the monastery on Entrana.
- Brother Constantius - a Priest who fought in the God Wars, killed by Guthix in the God Wars Dungeon (in Armies of Gielinor).
- Veliaf Hurtz - leader of the Myrque in Mort Myre.
- Ivan Strom - priest who aided the Myrque in their fight for freedom.
- Aeonisig Raispher - advisor to King Roald on spiritual matters concerning Saradominists.
- Lumbridge Sage - a guide who helps new players in Lumbridge.
- Vannaka - Slayer master who formerly served in Saradomin's armies.
- Duke Horacio- the leader of Lumbridge.
- Sir Vyvin- the knight who plays in role in the quest Knight's Sword.
- Father Lawrence- the father who lives in the church in the northern Varrock.
- Father Aereck- the father found in the church of Lumbridge.
- Abbess Benita - head of the Abbey in Al Kharid.
- If you enter the Saradomin portal at Castle Wars with a Zamorak item equipped, a message appears saying "You wear symbols of foolish and evil gods? Perhaps some time spent as the lowliest of forms will help you appreciate the gifts that I bestow upon my followers." You are then transformed into a bunny until the beginning of the game. If you enter the Guthix portal with the same item equipped, you will turn into a sheep until the beginning of the game.