|Release date||10 January 2006 (Update)|
|Location||Snack Attack café|
|Examine||The sandwich lady.|
The Sandwich lady was a random event NPC. She used to appear anywhere to offer players a selection from her tray of sandwiches. Players had to be sure to take the one she offers them. If players took too long to respond or chose the wrong pastry, the Sandwich lady would hit them with a baguette and teleport them to a random area.
As of the updates of 25 February 2009, the Sandwich lady will now instead teleport the player to her own café.
She would offer you one of the following:Random event gift would appear in the player's inventory (or on the ground if the player does not have enough room).
Note: Shortly after the Sandwich lady's release, many players complained that they did not know what several of the items were and failed the event, causing them to be teleported to a far-off location. In response, Jagex added a link to a key showing all the items alongside their names. The key link is in the upper left corner of the sandwich tray box.
The Sandwich lady teleported the player to one of these locations if he/she did not respond:
- North entrance of Falador
- Her café
- South entrance of Falador
- Ice Mountain
- Varrock East bank
- Near the Al Kharid Mine
- Near Lumbridge general store
- Lumbridge castle basement
- North of Ardougne
- White Knights' Castle
- Karamja volcano
- Wizard's Tower
- Behind Lumbridge Castle
- 1st floor of Varrock Church
Music track unlocked:
- Snack Attack (in her café)
- The sandwich lady was based on a lady who used to sell sandwiches at Jagex's office, as seen in this screenshot:
- Originally, a player could be sent to the Wilderness for ignoring the event or making the wrong choice. This was changed to prevent players from losing coins and valuables.
- She is one of the NPCs who may possibly be contacted by selecting "random" on the NPC Contact spell.
- The song "Snack Attack" was not released along with the event, instead it was added at a later time.
- She would strike the player with her baguette when they choose the wrong meal.
- A daze effect was added when you're ‘baguetted’ by the Sandwich lady as of 9 November 2009.
- This was the only random event that gave the player both the mysterious box and something else, but after the box was removed the event was still the only one to give additional items other than the random event gift.
- It used to be possible for free to play players who ignored her to get teleported to a member's only area, however this was changed after the café update.
- It was possible to world-hop via the lobby and still remain in the random event area.
Bee keeper • Cap'n Arnav's Chest • Certer • Drill Demon • Evil Bob • Evil Twin • Freaky Forester • Kiss the frog • Gravedigger • Lost and Found • Maze • Mime • Pillory • Pinball • Prison Pete • Quiz Master • Sandwich lady • Surprise Exam • Big fish • Candlelight • Dr. Ford • Drunken Dwarf • Ent • Evil Chicken • Exploding rock • Jekyll and Hyde • Lost Pirate • Poison Gas • Rick Turpentine • River troll • Rock Golem • Security Guard • Shade • Strange plant • Swarm • Tangle Vine • Tree spirit • Watchman • Whirlpool • Zombie