|Release||25 July 2016 (Update)|
|Max yield||No limit|
|• A crab, native to the Wushanko Isles. It is covered in salt crystals.|
• A stunned crab, native to the Wushanko Isles. It is covered in salt crystals.
Salty crablets can only be found on Uncharted Isles in the Arc region in groups of 6 crablets. Despite being a creature, the crystal deposit on the crablets back acts as a mining resource. Mining the deposit requires level 91 Mining, and yields sea salt, sought after as an ingredient in arc gumbo. The salts may also be sold to Salty Goods in the Waiko market for 4 chimes each.
When a player begins mining a crablet, it becomes "relaxed" and ceases movement until the deposit on its back has been depleted, indicated by a timer. A crablet will remain relaxed for a random amount of time between approximately four minutes and five and a half minutes. These relaxed crablets will replenish and respawn when logging out or switching worlds. They are the only resource to do so.
Every three game ticks the player has a chance to harvest salt from the crablet's back. At level 99 Mining a player can expect to mine between 16–22 sea salt per crablet without boosts on average; approximately 120,000–130,000 Mining experience per hour.
- Mining boosts such as the Quarrymaster aura, Gemstone golem outfits, and Invention perks will affect the number of salts mined from the crablets.
- A dwarven ramhammer can be used to gain either double resources or double experience.
- The perfect juju mining potion and normal juju mining potion effects do not activate while mining crablets.
- When depleting a salty crablet of its sea salt, a filterable message says "The salt crystals on the nearby crablet have disappeared."