When you die or drop a salamander it runs away. In contrast, when a beast of burden holding any salamanders is dismissed or dies, the salamanders are dropped on the ground and can be picked up as items instead.
|Weapon (creature)||Ranged Level||Damage||Ammo|
|Swamp lizard (hunter)||30||397||Guam tar|
|Orange salamander (hunter)||50||662||Marrentill tar|
|Red salamander (hunter)||60||795||Tarromin tar|
|Black salamander (hunter)||70||927||Harralander tar|
- On the 17 January 2011 patch notes, salamanders had their idle animation stance updated.
- When moving around, a salamander becomes a one-handed weapon rather than a two-handed one.
- When Salamanders were first released players would purchase them for 12k to upwards of 65k depending on the tier.
- There was a glitch where any damage you did (regardless of how much) always showed a critical hit (orange bar). This has now been fixed.
- When you attack with salamanders, you appear to be pulling their tail.
- When you are in the combat stance with a salamander, it is similar to holding a gun, or anything similar to that matter.