For the music track, see Sagittare (music track).
|Release date||12 April, 2010 (Update)|
|Combat level||10, 24, 38, 120, 150, 180, 186, 192, 198|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
Sagittares are members of the Sagittare Archers of Bilrach's army, and are boss monsters in Daemonheim requiring 45 Dungeoneering. They use ranged and magic, with teleporting ability, arrow rain, and multi shot. Sagittares always have Protect from Missiles on.
- Regular single-targeted ranged arrow attack, of either ranged or magic.
- Magic multi arrows - Targets all players.
- Arrow-rain - Arrows fall from the sky as he teleports and deals unblockable damage to anyone standing within 2 squares of the initial location.This can be successfully avoided if you react quickly enough and move out of the targeted area. Anyone hit by the attack is bound to the ground for a short time and cannot run for a short time after.
- Ranged binding spell - Multi-targeted attack which has a chance to disable players from running, regardless of whether it deals damage. Having Protect from Missiles prayer on prevents damage, but not the disabling effect.
- Magic binding spell - Multi-targeted attack which will bind player to the spot and stop him from moving if damage is dealt. It is magic based and Protect from Magic will prevent all effects.
- "Back off!" (Before Special Attack)
- "Arrow-rain!" (During Special Attack)
- Daemonheim Dungeon (Furnished floors 23-29)
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Tangle gum longbow 1 Varies Not sold Seeping elm longbow 1 Varies Not sold Blood spindle longbow 1 Varies Not sold Utuku longbow 1 Varies Not sold Spinebeam longbow 1 Varies Not sold Bovistrangler longbow 1 Varies Not sold Thigat longbow 1 Varies Not sold Corpsethorn longbow 1 Varies Not sold Entgallow longbow 1 Varies Not sold Grave creeper longbow 1 Varies Not sold Sagittarian longbow 1 Varies Not sold Dungeoneering journals Various parts Common Not sold
Additionally, Sagittare will randomly drop 125 of a single type of arrow along with the bow as he dies. The bow and arrow will be of the same tier.
- Sagittare is derived from the Latin word Sagittarius, meaning archer. The ninth astrological sign in the Zodiac is also called Sagittarius; a centaur who, like Sagittare, prominently wields a bow.
- Sagittare is one of the few Dungeoneering bosses that is not immune to poison, along with the Unholy cursebearer, Skeletal Horde, Warped Gulega and Blink.
- The Sagittare's leader's last name is Bolton, according to the ammunition requisition orders.
- This monster has an irregular attack speed - sometimes it attacks at a speed of 6, sometimes at a speed of 7. This is probably intentional, to thwart prayer flashing. He is one of seven bosses with irregular attack speeds, the others being Astea Frostweb, To'Kash the Bloodchiller, the Unholy cursebearer, Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter, Gravecreeper and the Necrolord.
- Despite having prayers on, the ability Smash will not disable his protection prayers. The same also goes for any Dungeoneering boss that uses protection prayers.
- Although arrows of the same tier are always dropped along with the bow, they are not mentioned in the chatbox.
|Abandoned 1 & 2|