|Release||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|A skilled mage and ranger.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|8 / 5 / 2|
3 ticks (1.8s)
Sagittares are members of the Sagittare Archers of Bilrach's army, and are boss monsters in Daemonheim requiring 45 Dungeoneering. They are found on floors 23–29 of Daemonheim. They use ranged and magic, with teleporting ability, arrow rain, and multi shot. Sagittares always have Protect from Missiles on.
- Regular single-targeted ranged arrow attack, of either ranged or magic.
- Magic multi arrows - Targets all players.
- Arrow-rain - Arrows fall from the sky as he teleports after every 20% damage and deals unblockable damage to anyone standing within 2 squares of the initial location.This can be successfully avoided if you react quickly enough and move out of the targeted area. Anyone hit by the attack is bound to the ground for a short time and cannot run for a short time after.
- Ranged binding spell - Multi-targeted attack which has a chance to disable players from running, regardless of whether it deals damage. Having Protect from Missiles prayer on prevents damage, but not the disabling effect.
- Magic binding spell - Multi-targeted attack which will bind player to the spot and stop him from moving if damage is dealt. It is magic based and Protect from Magic will prevent all effects.
Magic attacks are highly recommended against Sagittare. Players should not use melee against him, as they are the most vulnerable to his arrow rain, and that the spiral design of the room requires a lot of running to reach him. High-level players rushing this boss may consider using Combust as this can quickly deal the 500 damage before he teleports, and the time for him to teleport do not count towards the ability duration of 6 seconds.
- "Back off!" (Before Special Attack)
- "Arrow-rain!" (During Special Attack)
Additionally, Sagittare will randomly drop 125 arrows matching the same tier of the dropped bow.
|Tangle gum longbow||1||Random||Not sold|
|Seeping elm longbow||1||Random||Not sold|
|Blood spindle longbow||1||Random||Not sold|
|Utuku longbow||1||Random||Not sold|
|Spinebeam longbow||1||Random||Not sold|
|Bovistrangler longbow||1||Random||Not sold|
|Thigat longbow||1||Random||Not sold|
|Corpsethorn longbow||1||Random||Not sold|
|Entgallow longbow||1||Random||Not sold|
|Grave creeper longbow||1||Random||Not sold|
|Sagittarian longbow||1||Random||Not sold|
|Ammunition requisition orders||1||Common||Not sold|
|Mysterious chronicle||1||Common||Not sold|
|Sagittarian arrows||125||Varies||Not sold|
- Sagittare is derived from the Latin word Sagittarius, meaning archer. The ninth astrological sign in the Zodiac is also called Sagittarius; a centaur who, like Sagittare, prominently wields a bow.
- Sagittare is one of the few Dungeoneering bosses that is not immune to poison, along with the Unholy cursebearer and Skeletal Horde.
- The Sagittare's leader's last name is Bolton, according to the ammunition requisition orders.
- This monster has an irregular attack speed - sometimes it attacks at a speed of 6, sometimes at a speed of 7. This is probably intentional, to thwart prayer flashing. He is one of seven bosses with irregular attack speeds, the others being Astea Frostweb, To'Kash the Bloodchiller, the Unholy cursebearer, Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter, Gravecreeper and the Necrolord.
- Despite having prayers on, the ability Smash will not disable his protection prayers. The same also goes for any Dungeoneering boss that uses protection prayers.
- Although arrows of the same tier are always dropped along with the bow, they are not mentioned in the chatbox.