|Release||11 March 2008 (Update)|
|Destroy||You will need to get another pair of gloves from the chest in the Stronghold of Player Safety if you destroy this one.|
|Examine||Gloves from the Stronghold of Player Safety.|
Safety gloves are received in the Stronghold of Player Safety by searching the treasure chest on the second floor down inside the Jail Cell. The first time they are obtained, 10,000 coins and two Antique lamps are also received. They are better than leather gloves, although gauntlets provide better bonuses.
If the gloves are ever lost or destroyed, a new set can be obtained by searching the chest, although the coin and lamp rewards will not be received again. Click the following link for a step-by-step guide on how to reclaim the Safety gloves: How to get them.
If the player dies within or outside the Stronghold of Player Safety, the gloves will appear with their gravestone (unless they happen to be one of the Items Kept on Death).
Although they are gloves, their actual appearance is much more like Vambraces with knuckle guards and spikes than other gloves.
The gloves have the same defence and life bonuses as leather gloves but are melee instead of ranged.
The gloves are rarely worn for decoration. Unlike fancy boots, which can easily be seen, the gloves are hardly visible on the game screen.
|Armour||7||PvM: 0.08%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
How to get themEdit
After talking to Professor Henry, the player can easily obtain these gloves by doing the following:
- Go to the Crevice just north-west of the ground floor classroom (where the player took the exam) and climb down. (You can only use the Crevice if you have previously climbed up the rope leading up to the Crevice. If you can't, you will need to use the Jail entrance outside the back wall of the classroom.)
- The player will find themself in a room with 3 level 36 Cockroach soldiers, which are not aggressive.
- In the past if you've gotten the gloves before, then skip this step so you won't lock the jail doors. Otherwise, if this is to retrieve your first set of gloves, then pull the old lever at the west end of this room.
- Then proceed out the south door of the room, then head a short distance east to the stairs and go down.
- Once the player has gone down to the next level, enter through the Jail Door that is directly to the east.
- Head south and then west down the passage, then north when the passage comes to a 4-way intersection.
- In a very short distance, a large chest will be visible which lies in a small offshoot of the main hallway.
- Inside this chest are the safety gloves, two antique lamps and 10,000 coins.
If the player loses the gloves there will be another pair in the chest. The coins reward can only be obtained once however.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- Their design seems to match the fighting boots from the Stronghold of Security. However there isn't a pair of gloves to match the fancy boots.
- A player can get multiple safety gloves by having them in the inventory along with three items that are worth at least 2 coins each and dying (it is recommended to die somewhere near the chest of the gloves), going back to the place where the player died, and picking the gloves up off the floor after taking a pair from the safety gloves chest, resulting in ownership of two pairs. It has been confirmed that the player can own more than two pairs of safety gloves.