|Release date||11 December 2013 (Update)|
|Deal 100% damage to your opponent, ignoring protection prayers. Heal 25% of the damage you deal, or 100% if your target dies.|
Click animation for full size
It was purchasable at the event with 21,000 renown and a gold event token. Now that the event is over, it can be obtained as a rare drop from General Graardor and Kree'arra, as well as their minions in their encampments. When received as a drop in the God Wars Dungeon, it is automatically learned. It does not drop as an item. When received as a drop, the message "You have unlocked the Sacrifice ability!" appears in the chatbox. It can also be bought for 10,000 Reward Currency from the Tuska Comes minigame.
When Sacrifice is used, the player deals up to 100% weapon damage to their target regardless of protection prayers, and is healed by 25% of the damage dealt, or 100% if the ability kills the target.
Sacrifice is a basic ability. Unlike other basic constitution abilities, it does generate adrenaline.
While training Combat, it may be helpful to time your hits so that you heal a good amount of life points from using this ability. Wait until your opponent is relatively close to dying, then use the ability. Do not use it too early or too late; otherwise only a negligible amount will be healed.
- Sacrifice initially always did 100% of the weapon damage. This was changed on 17 December 2013. The ability now deals damage up to 100%.
- When released, the ability did not work with magic weapons. This was fixed on 17 December 2013. It can also be used without a weapon.
- When released, it initially did not generate any adrenaline.
- The ability only bypasses protection prayers from other players. It will not hit through the prayers of monsters such as Elite black knights.
- During the third world event, Tuska Comes, this ability was available for 3,500 Reward Currency.
- In PvP Sacrifice will always heal you for 25% of the damage dealt, and when the target dies it will heal you for 100% of the damage dealt on top of that. Essentially healing you 125% of the damage dealt in total. It is unknown if this is a bug or not.