|Release date||11 November 2008 (Update)|
|High Alch||0 coins|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Store price|| 20 Stealing Creation Points|
|Examine||Your sacred clay tool has transformed into a pickaxe.|
Starting at 100% charge, its charge decreases as experience for using it is given. At 0% charge, the pickaxe crumbles to dust (dust being no item). It can be reverted back to a morphic tool without losing any charge and then changed into any morphic item (this loses no charge).
A player wielding a sacred clay pickaxe
|[view] • [talk]|
|Rocks||Regular XP||Sacred Clay XP||Ores per pickaxe||Total XP per pickaxe / Bonus EXP|
|Pure essence||5||10||1,400||14,000 / 7,000|
|Copper||17.5||35||428||14,980 / 7,490|
|Tin||17.5||35||428||14,980 / 7,490|
|Iron||35||70||214||14,980 / 7,490|
|Silver||40||80||200||16,000 / 8,000|
|Coal||50||100||150||15,000 / 7,500|
|Sandstone||30, 40, 50, or 60||60, 80, 100, or 120||N/A||N/A / N/A|
|Gold||65||130||116||15,080 / 7,540|
|Gemstone||65||130||124||15,973 / 7,986|
|Granite||50, 60, 75||100, 120, 150||About 136||About 15,000 / 7,500|
|Mithril||80||160||94||15,040 / 7,520|
|Adamant||95||190||84||15,870 / 7,935|
15,250 / 7,625
- When you mine Sandstone or Granite how much experience is received depends on which amount (1 kg, 2 kg, 5 kg or 10 kg for Sandstone and 500g, 2 kg or 5 kg for Granite) you mine.
While using it inside the Lava Flow Mine, double XP is gained as well. The normal amount of xp obtained in the LFM, is 100 when using the 50% flow rate segments.
- If using a Gofannon amulet from the quest Whats Mine is Yours, you get 4X Experience per ore when used with a Proto-Tool Pickaxe. Example: Iron Normal 35xp. With Sacred Clay pick 70xp. with pick and amulet 140xp.
|Lava Flow Mine||XP (50% flow rate)||Total XP per pickaxe|
15,030 - 1/2 of this is extra XP (needs verifying)
15,357 - using Golden Mining Suit
|Pickaxe + Penance Horn||300||22,545 - 1/3 of this is extra XP from the pickaxe (needs verifying)|
When ores are mined with a Sacred Clay Pickaxe, the experience gained is doubled, with a few exceptions(see below)
- Daeyalt, Elemental, Lunar ore and 'Perfect' gold ore can be mined but give no experience bonuses.
- Rubium cannot be mined with the Sacred clay pickaxe.
- If you get no bonus experience, this does not count as a "use" of the pickaxe - no charge is used up.
- Using a Sacred Clay Pickaxe in a Clan Citadel does not yield any bonus experience.
- At one time, you would get no bonus experience when having a Rune pickaxe in your inventory. You would not mine with the Sacred clay pickaxe but with your rune pickaxe.
- On the day of its release it could not auto mine pure essence, requiring the user to repeatedly click the essence.
- Since December, Jagex has changed its bonus exp, giving in total double exp per ore.
- At one time, the pickaxe, along with all morphic/volatile tools, would not degrade with each use, but degrade with each morph. They would have 10 charges.
- Some players believe that it is good mining experience to mine shooting stars with the sacred pickaxe. In fact, when using a morphic tool on a shooting star, you gain a total of 16530 experience before your pickaxe crumbles.
- The pickaxe itself has two separate heads, in relation to the normal pickaxe having a single head.
- When used in conjunction with a filled or partially filled Penance Horn, a player will earn 3x the experience that they normally would, while both the pickaxe and horn drain at their respective rate.
- When wearing Varrock armour, when you mine two ores at once the first ore you receive gives the double experience, the second gives the regular amount of experience.
- On the few days after its release, it displayed no animation while mining and had the same strength as a Bronze pickaxe. This was quickly fixed.
Sacred clay • Inferno adze
|Armour and Weapons||