When a Runesphere is active in the Runespan, an icon will appear at the top left of your screen, saying "runesphere active". You then can find the runesphere on one of the 3 floors at your world. It is not always located on the floor you are currently on, so you might have to go up or down floors to find it.
When you've found it you can start drawing runes and experience from it by siphoning it. When a layer is destroyed, it will turn to the next layer down from the current rune until it reaches air runes and then transforms into pure energy.
While siphoning the sphere, rune dust will appear in your inventory which can be given to the ball of Rune energy that appears after breaking the whole sphere in return for 10 experience per dust.
|Layer||Level to siphon||XP Gain||Rune rewarded|
|Cosmic (m)||43||31.89||Cosmic runes|
|Chaos (m)||50||36.89||Chaos runes|
|Astral (m)||57||42.8||Astral runes|
|Nature (m)||64||52||Nature runes|
|Law (m)||71||64.5||Law runes|
|Death (m)||78||72||Death runes|
|Blood (m)||85||87-88||Blood runes|
|Soul (m)||92||N/A||Soul runes|
- You can't get any more Rune dust from a Runesphere when you have logged out or have been to the lobby after you siphoned from it. It will say: You have already siphoned from a Runesphere today. You will still earn XP, but no Rune dust.
- Depending on your Runecrafting level, it is often better xp to ignore the runesphere when it is at a lower energy state as it can only provide xp per rune created.
- Runespheres also appeared during the See the Future teaser before the Runespan release. During the duration of the event, it changed elements before fading with the rifts that the event created.
- There have been no known runespheres on free worlds, but Jagex has neither denied nor confirmed speculations that they are a members only feature.
- Runespheres work in a similar manner to the Falling star D&D, with players removing layers, gathering a form of dust, and turning the dust in at the end for a further reward.
Air essling • Mind essling • Water essling • Earth essling • Fire essling • Body esshound • Cosmic esshound • Chaos esshound • Astral esshound • Nature esshound • Law esshound • Death esswraith • Blood esswraith • Soul esswraith
Floating essence • Cyclone • Mind storm • Water pool • Rock fragment • Fireball • Vine • Fleshy growth • Fire storm • Chaotic cloud • Nebula • Shifter • Jumper • Skulls • Blood pool • Bloody skulls • Living soul • Undead soul