|Release date||30 April 2012 (Update)|
|Examine||A floating ball glowing with (current rune type) energy.|
The runesphere is an object and D&D that appears in the Runespan that can be siphoned for runes, and rune dust, and Runecrafting experience. Siphoning the runesphere requires rune essence. Each successful siphon will reward the player between 1-6 rune dust, depending on the type of rune layer the runesphere is on. When all the layers of the runesphere have been siphoned off, a ball of pure energy will be revealed. Players can hand in rune dust to the pure energy, resulting in 25 Runecrafting experience per energy. A maximum of 1,000 rune dust can be handed in each day, making the maximum amount of experience able to be obtained from the pure energy each day 25,000 experience. Players cannot own more than 1,000 rune dust at a time. Players will still be able to get Runecrafting experience from siphoning runespheres if they own the maximum amount of rune dust.
The runesphere will slowly lose layers regardless of whether or not anyone has siphoned it. Assuming the runesphere starts on the soul layer, it will last for approximately 38 minutes and 37 seconds (2317 seconds) before reverting to its core. It will disappear after 1 hour and 20 seconds (3620 seconds) have passed from its spawn. The spawn time between runespheres is about 2 hours 30 minutes and 50 seconds (9050 seconds) apart. Normally they spawn on each world at the same time, but not necessarily the same floor, phase, and location. The spawn phase is dependent on the floor level. If it spawns on the top floor, its best spawn is Soul phase, middle floor Law phase and bottom floor Body phase.
Finding the sphere
When a runesphere appears, a message in the chatbox is given to those inside Runespan, A runesphere has spawned on the Bottom/Middle/Top Floor!. Additionally, a runesphere icon appears at the top left of the screen, saying when hovered "Runesphere Active on the Bottom/Middle/Top Floor! (Phase)". You then can go and find the runesphere on that floor at your world. It is not always located on the floor you are currently on, so you might have to go up or down floors to find it. When you are at the correct floor you can ask the wizards to get information about the location; they will tell you which compass direction to travel to find the runesphere, but they will not provide a minimap arrow like they do for the yellow wizard. You can also get a runesphere teleport from Wizard Rinsit for 2,000 Runespan points.
|Layer||Level to siphon||XP Gain||Rune rewarded||Duration|
|Air||1||19||Air runes||2 minutes|
|Mind||8||20||Mind runes||2 minutes 7 seconds|
|Water||15||25.3||Water runes||2 minutes 14 seconds|
|Earth||22||28.6||Earth runes||2 minutes 21 seconds|
|Fire||29||34.8||Fire runes||2 minutes 28 seconds|
|Body||36||46.2||Body runes||2 minutes 35 seconds|
|Cosmic (m)||42||53.2||Cosmic runes||2 minutes 42 seconds|
|Chaos (m)||50||61.5||Chaos runes||2 minutes 49 seconds|
|Astral (m)||57||71.33||Astral runes||2 minutes 56 seconds|
|Nature (m)||64||87||Nature runes||3 minutes 3 seconds|
|Law (m)||71||107.5||Law runes||3 minutes 10 seconds|
|Death (m)||78||120||Death runes||3 minutes 17 seconds|
|Blood (m)||85||146.3||Blood runes||3 minutes 24 seconds|
|Soul (m)||92||213||Soul runes||3 minutes 31 seconds|
template = Template:Runesphere time estimator form = calcForm result = calcResult param = layer|Layer|Soul|select|Soul, Blood, Death, Law, Nature, Astral, Chaos, Cosmic, Body, Fire, Earth, Water, Mind, Air
|Runesphere time to core (siphoned)|
|Calculator is loading...|
Note: the times given on the calculator and table are experimented while siphoning, as there is evidence that a layer may last longer without siphoning. It will not necessarily start with the soul layer; on lower floors it starts at lower levels.
- For players not wearing a complete set of the Ethereal outfit, the runesphere can be a great source of runes for island hopping as it provides every rune in the game.
- At level 99, the best moment to arrive at the runesphere is water phase, although it is possible to get 1000 dust at the start of mind phase, assuming time is not lost collecting rune essence and getting back to the sphere. At lower levels, however, player may find it beneficial to start at higher layers.
- It is often more efficient to ignore the runesphere when it is at a lower energy state as other higher nodes will give better experience rates. This does not normally apply to lower leveled players or before you have gathered 1000 rune dust.
- It is possible to stack the runesphere with your regular daily challenge in the Runespan.
- Runespheres also appeared during the See the Future teaser before the Runespan release. During the duration of the event, it changed elements before fading with the rifts that the event created.
- Runespheres work in a similar manner to the Shooting Star D&D, with players removing layers, gathering a form of dust, and turning the dust in at the end for a further reward.
- Sometimes the symbols on the runesphere are inverted. For example, when the runesphere is at the cosmic stage two of the symbols are upside down and the third is the correct way up.
- Runesphere is the only D&D based on timing which does not have in-game tracking for the next spawn.
- For high level players just wanting to complete the dust regardless of layer and hand it over, the worst case scenario for them is to wait about 6980 seconds (1 hour, 56 minutes and 20 seconds), that is 1550 seconds from mind layer until core goes away (assuming runesphere had started at soul layer) plus 5430 seconds from waiting once the core has disappeared to the new runesphere. The best case scenario for them is between 4 minutes 7 seconds and 6 minutes 21 seconds, that is the time to go from the water layer to core.
|Distraction and Diversions locations (Lite)|