- Not to be confused with master runecrafter robes.
|Release date||12 August 2008 (Update)|
|High Alch||180 (45 each) coins|
|Low Alch||120 (30 each) coins|
|Store price|| 1,000 (each component) Runecrafting guild token|
|Examine|| Hat: Comes with goggles, for extra safety while Runecrafting. |
Robe: Heavy duty wizard robes.
Skirt: A heavy-duty wizard robe.
Gloves: Essence can be rough on the hands.
Runecrafter robes are a reward from The Great Orb Project, come in three colours, and include a hat, gloves, robe, and skirt. All Runecrafting items cost 1000 Runecrafting Guild Tokens apiece. There are no requirements to wear the robes, besides 50 runecrafting which is needed to enter the Runecrafting Guild and play the activity. They provide no combat bonuses and are worn mostly for cosmetic purposes.
The Great Orb Project BonusesEdit
Contrary to former belief, Runecrafter Robes provide no real bonus other than a slight boost to experience gained when crafting essence during the game. It was formerly believed that they provided a boost to actual gameplay, but it is impossible for an item to change RuneScape mechanics.
This is a common misconception to new runecrafters because it states on the RuneScape website that they provide +2 and +3 bonuses during the minigame. However, it does not state what those bonuses actually contribute to.
Players believe that it extends your reach to an orb, which is mechanically impossible as RuneScape only allows your character to reach 10 blocks away. (This applies to any ranged action in the game. Ex: Magic, Archery)
Players have also believed that it increases the speed at which you attract the orbs during the game. This is also mechanically impossible as everything in RuneScape moves at one block per 0.6 seconds. (When a character runs, this number is doubled to two blocks per 0.6 seconds)
- All three sets can be stored in the wardrobe.
- When any coloured Runecrafting hat is unequipped, it gives the option to change the position of the goggles on the hat in your inventory and when worn.
- When wearing the goggles, your hair may appear differently than without them.
- Despite the name, the Robes have no direct practical effect on Runecrafting outside of the Great Orb Project. However, there is a Master Runecrafter set that boosts exp by 5%.
- Runecrafter robes were once one of the best robes available to free to play players in terms of defense, but with the Evolution of Combat the robes had all their combat bonuses removed, making them essentially cosmetic gear.