Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release||21 January 2004 (Update)|
|High alch||418 coins|
|Low alch||279 coins|
|Exchange||934 coins (info)|
|Examine||A finely balanced throwing axe.|
The rune throwing axe, like all throwing axes, is a members-only Ranged throwing weapon and is the third most powerful type of throwing axe. To wield a rune throwing axe the player must have at least 50 Ranged.
They can be smithed with a Smithing level of 92 or higher from one runite bar, which produces five throwing axes. It can also be obtained by buying it from the Tribal Weapons store at the Ranging Guild, looting from a ninja impling, or trading with another player. As it is a one-handed projectile, the rune throwing axe can be wielded with a shield for protection or an off-hand weapon for offence. Rune throwing axes are seldom used as a primary weapon, due to their slow attack speed, but they can deal decent damage to make up for this.
The rune throwing axe has a special attack called Chain Hit which hits the target and bounces to up to 3 more targets nearby dealing up to 100% weapon damage. It consumes 10% adrenaline. Due to the very short cooldown and cost, it could be spammed repeatedly for reasonable amounts of area damage for its level.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Brutal green dragon||128||8||Uncommon|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Authentic Throwing Weapons||698||Coins||100||Yes|
|Item quantity required||50|
|Base junk chance||45.0%|
- The rune throwing axe is one of two rune weapons to feature a special attack; the other weapon is the rune claw and its off-hand counterpart.
- As with all throwing axes, the rune throwing axe looks somewhat similar to a battleaxe of the same metal.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, this weapon could not be smithed.
- Previously, when the special attack was initiated, the axe briefly looks like it was made of steel. After the Evolution of Combat update, it is now invisible before it starts the flying animation.