|Release date||23 September 2001 (Update)|
|High Alch||39,000 coins|
|Low Alch||26,000 coins|
|Store price|| 65,000 coins|
|Exchange price||38,010 coins (info)|
|Examine||Provides excellent protection.|
The rune platebody is a platebody made of runite. Completion of Dragon Slayer is required to buy this item from Oziach and to equip it. Statistically, it is the best non-degradable melee chest armour available for non-members. It used to be considered the best platebody made with conventional metals in both free-to-play and pay-to-play, but was surpassed with the release of the While Guthix Sleeps quest and the dragon platebody. This item can be bought from Oziach after completing the Dragon Slayer quest, the Grand Exchange in Varrock, or from other players. Players can make this item with the Smithing skill at level 99 using five rune bars thereby gaining 375 experience.
Rune platebodies have the same stats as a sacred clay platebody which can only be used by members. Heroes in East Ardougne have a slightly lighter coloured version of this item which cannot be obtained by players.
The rune platebody has fallen in price dramatically after the reintroduction of Free Trade and the Wilderness on 1 February 2011, dropping from approximately 70,000 to 40,000 coins. This correlates with the ability to take your opponent's items on death. Also with a fixed store price of 65,000 and Free Trade reinstated, anyone who moved to higher leveled chestpieces who wished to sell off their Rune Platebody would experience a price ceiling with the 65,000 coin vendor price ever present.
A player wearing a rune platebody
|[view] • [talk]|
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Animated Rune Armour 116 1 Always General Graardor 210 1 Common Scutarius 150 1 Uncommon King Black Dragon 120 1 Uncommon Celestial dragon 182 1 Uncommon WildyWyrm 382, 562 1 Rare Ice troll runt 74 1 Very rare Legio Primus 175 2 (noted) Uncommon Legio Secundus 175 2 (noted) Uncommon Legio Tertius 175 2 (noted) Uncommon Legio Quartus 175 2 (noted) Uncommon Legio Quintus 175 2 (noted) Uncommon Legio Sextus 175 2 (noted) Uncommon Vorago 230 3–5 (noted) Uncommon Airut 175 1 Uncommon
- Prior to the Personalised Shops update, members could make a profit by buying the platebody at the Blast Furnace Armour Store for 45,000 coins and then selling them at the Grand Exchange for around 70,000 coins. Currently, the Armour Store carries no stock of its own.
- On the 6 March 2012, after the Armour Graphic update, some players' rune platebodies turned invisible.
- After the March 2012 update, while wearing the rune platebody, certain necklaces, such as games necklace, parts of the necklace turn invisible. This is probably since the necklace is in a fixed position, and the platebody sticks out more than the previous form, which causes the necklace and platebody to mix, and therefore turn parts of the necklace invisible.
- While the dragon platebody only takes 92 Smithing to make, the rune platebody requires level 99. This could be because you are only reforging the dragon platebody as opposed to making the rune platebody from five bars of runite.
- Oziach seems to have a unique design for his rune platebody.
- Despite the March 2012 graphics update, Heroes in Ardougne still wear the old-styled platebody.
Black (t) • Black (g) • Black (h1) • Black (h2) • Black h3 • Black (h4) • Black (h5)
|God Wars Dungeon|
DaggerOff-hand • Hatchet • MaceOff-hand • ClawOff-hand(m) • SwordOff-hand • LongswordOff-hand • ScimitarOff-hand • Spear(m) • WarhammerOff-hand • BattleaxeOff-hand • Two-hander • Halberd(m) • Hasta(m) • Pickaxe
Helm • Full helmet (t) (g) • Square shield • Kiteshield (t) (g) • Chainbody • Platebody (t) (g) • Plateskirt (t) (g) • Platelegs (t) (g) • Boots(m) • Gloves(m) • Gauntlets • Defender(m) • Spikeshield • Berserker shield
(m) stands for members only.