Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||7,680 coins|
|Low alch||5,120 coins|
|Exchange||7,542 coins (info)|
|Examine||A powerful hatchet.|
A Rune hatchet is a hatchet that is stronger than the Adamant hatchet and the volatile clay hatchet. It requires level 41 Woodcutting to use for Woodcutting. It is suspected to be about 25-35% faster than an adamant hatchet and ~13% slower than a dragon hatchet. It is mostly used for Woodcutting, but it can be used in combat. It is the strongest hatchet available to free players. Players can make a Rune hatchet with the Smithing skill at level 86 using 1 Rune bar, giving the player 75 Smithing experience. Before the Random event update, if it was broken by an Ent, it could be fixed at Bob's Brilliant Axes in Lumbridge for 427 coins.
Players must have an Attack level of 50 to wield a Rune hatchet as a weapon and a Woodcutting level of 41 to use a Rune hatchet to chop down trees. There used to be no level requirement to use it to chop down trees, but Jagex changed this to prevent macros from using them from the creation of their account.
Rune hatchets are used in level 3 clue scrolls.
As of 17 June 2013, this hatchet can be stored on a tool belt.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 3.0 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
Dropping monsters Edit
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Chest (magic axe hut)||N/A||1||Rare|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||45.0%|
- On 1 April 2009, Jagex officially changed the names of all Woodcutting "axes" to "hatchets".
- Prior to the removal of free trade, Hatchets would lose their metal head, and you would have to re-attach them to the handle before being able to continue woodcutting. This was considered a random event designed to combat bots.
- Before the release of the Dragon hatchet, the rune hatchet could be used to cut down trees at any Woodcutting level.