|Start point||Ariane at the entrance to the Wizards' Tower|
|Member requirement||Free to play|
|Official length||Medium to Long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
- Talk to Ariane in the entrance to Wizards' Tower.
- Head into the tower, pick up the Tower mindspike and attack the vortex with any spell. You must unequip any ranged or melee armour or you may not be able to lure the vortex.
- Lure the vortex into the energy beam.
The Old TowerEdit
- Talk to Ariane on the bridge outside.
- Ascend the beam twice, and talk to Wizard Traiborn (west of the beam you just ascended) , Archmage Sedridor (southern room) and Wizard Ellaron (north-eastern room) .
- Talk to each person until a chat dialogue mentions Ariane (no chat options will be available)
- Descend the beam twice or right-click and select "Bottom floor beam" back to the ground floor.
- Talk to Ariane.
The Hidden KeyEdit
- Ascend the beam twice.
- Talk to Wizard Ellaron.
- Descend the beam twice, to the groundUK]. floor[
- Search the eastern most bookcase for The Harmony of the Runes and The Runes of the Spells of Water.
- Read the books (and view both diagrams).
- Play the organ at the southern end of the ground floor.
- Press the organ keys in the following order: 10x B, 7x A#, 1x G#, and 1x G.
- Take the organ key.
- Talk to Ariane, then head east and enter the door on the seashore.
- Talk to Ariane and then the Rune guardian and answer the questions any way .
- Enter the door behind the Rune guardian.
- Climb down the stairs to the gap.
- Climb behind the statue (on the wall above the gap) .
- Cross the statue (gap) and climb down the staircase.
- Talk to Ariane .
- Use magic to lure a vortex into Ariane's circle, and keep it there until the circle disappears. You can lure them by attacking them.
- Talk to Ariane again.
- Head to the organ and play notes from the lowest set of keys to trigger several cut scenes.
- Talk to Ariane (east side of the island at the entrance to the lower tower).
- Quest complete!
- 1 quest point
- 250 experience lamp
- 250 experience
- Tower mindspike
- First tower hat
- Air talisman
- 70 Mind runes
- Four new titles (speak to the Rune Guardian to retrieve the title):
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Music unlocked
- The Harmony of the Runes (Outside the Wizards' Tower)
- Blue Wizards (Entering the Wizards' Tower)
- Inner Secret (Entering the Ruins)
- Forgotten Orders (Entering the Ruins after completing the quest)
- Bloody Foundation (During the final section of the quest)