|Release||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||38,400 coins|
|Low alch||25,600 coins|
|Exchange||36,869 coins (info)|
|Examine||A two handed sword.|
The rune 2h sword is the second strongest conventional 2-handed weapon available to free to play players, only being surpassed by the tier 55 Gravite 2h sword. However, the Rune 2h sword does not degrade like Gravite weaponry. Like all rune weapons, it requires 50 Attack to wield.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Avaryss, the Unceasing||1000||5–10||Uncommon|
|Demon Flash Mob||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|General Graardor||210; 624||1||Uncommon|
|Kalphite Guardian||72||1||Very rare|
|Locust lancer||77||1||Very rare|
|Locust rider||75||1||Very rare|
|Memory of Nomad||N/A||3–9||Common|
|Scarab mage||75||1||Very rare|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||45.0%|
- When the Rune two-handed sword was put back into the game, this weapon was used by nearly all player killers capable of wielding it, since in RuneScape Classic there were no attack speeds. This also made it by far the most popular weapon for non-members, and nearly all non-members who could afford it wielded one.
- On 17 September 2009, an update changed the appearance of the rune 2h sword, making it look like a large rune long sword being held in both hands, similar to the Saradomin sword. However, with the Evolution of Combat update, the model was changed again, giving it a design similar to that of the rest of the weapons in the prominent Rune weapon set.
- Although it is considered one of the best weapons on RuneScape Classic, and the free-to-play part of the main RuneScape game alike, it is not often used in pay-to-play due to the existence of many other, more powerful weapons.
Two-handed slash weapons
|Dyed noxious scythe||
|Dyed Zaros godsword||