|Release||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||38,400 coins|
|Low alch||25,600 coins|
|Exchange||36,538 coins (info)|
|Examine||A two handed sword.|
The rune 2h sword is the second strongest conventional 2-handed weapon available to free to play players, only being surpassed by the tier 55 Gravite 2h sword. However, the Rune 2h sword does not degrade like Gravite weaponry, making it more practical for combat training than its gravite surpassers. Like all rune weapons, it requires 50 Attack to wield.
Players can forge a rune two-handed sword using the Smithing skill at level 99, requiring three rune bars, a hammer, and an anvil, granting the player 225 Smithing experience. It is widely forged in bulk for training at higher levels, as it can usually be hi-alched for a modest profit, and hence is easily sold in bulk either on the GE or via direct trading.
Although it is considered one of the best weapons on RuneScape Classic, and the free-to-play part of the main RuneScape game alike, it is not often used in pay-to-play due to the existence of many other, more powerful weapons. It has since been succeeded by the Gravite 2h sword with regard to power and accuracy.
Being the strongest non-degradable melee weapon usable by players on non-members' servers, it is the most widely-used weapon in non-members player-killing-servers and the second most popular weapon in terms of trades per day. At one point, it was the single most powerful weapon in the game, and even today is commonly cited as the one of the most important weapons in Runescape's history. It is currently the best and strongest non-degrading free-to-play weapon and is one of, if not the most, commonly used weapons on free-to-play worlds because of its high damage per second and high stats. This is especially true after the Evolution of Combat considerably reduced the damage capabilities of the rune scimitar when used with a shield.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Avaryss, the Unceasing||1000||5–10||Uncommon|
|Casket (CS Week)||N/A||1||Common|
|Demon Flash Mob||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|General Graardor||210; 624||1||Uncommon|
|Giant Mole (historical)||76||1||Rare|
|Kalphite Guardian||72||1||Very rare|
|King Black Dragon||276||1||Uncommon|
|Locust lancer||77||1||Very rare|
|Locust rider||N/A||1||Very rare|
|Memory of Nomad||N/A||3–9||Common|
|Scarab mage||75||1||Very rare|
|Security Casket (CS Week)||N/A||1||Common|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||45.0%|
- When the Rune two-handed sword was put back into the game, this weapon was used by nearly all player killers capable of wielding it, since in RuneScape Classic there were no attack speeds. This also made it by far the most popular weapon for non-members, and nearly all non-members who could afford it wielded one.
- On 17 September 2009, an update changed the appearance of the rune 2h sword, making it look like a large rune long sword being held in both hands, similar to the Saradomin sword. However, with the Evolution of Combat update, the model was changed again, giving it a design similar to that of the rest of the weapons in the prominent Rune weapon set.
Two-handed slash weapons