I had an idea Edit
I had an idea. As I said above, I think you guys have been doing a great job. While I am not interested in a lot of the events, you guys have been doing a good breadth of events and (from what I can tell) been trying to vary the times to accommodate everyone. My idea is that you guys could issue a report.
Where you guys stand, how things have worked out in the past and how you want to approach the future. Maybe defining the timetables you guys try to use on when to hold events; for example, this new Midweek training! has popped up, notably in combination with a weekend event. Does this mean you plant to hold mid-week as well as weekend events? Outlining how you guys are going to schedule things in the future would be neat. You could outline any support you think you guys need (such as more prominent advertising on the main page), or if you want to change anything about how the ET works.
Also, maybe it could address how you guys see your membership working. The creation of the ET was kind of haphazard: we didn't really know how it was going to work down the road. That was a good course of action: better to get one running before hammering out the details. But we've have several weeks of solid performance, so I think it's time to clarify what is going to happen. We recently had a thread about this (Forum:New ET members), but even that closure was kind of vague (Both the ET and the community will have a say in the recruitment of future ET members). Do you guys see yourself on terms, or are you on the team until you decide to retire for whatever reason? Is there going to be a fixed number of members? I think it would be good to outline these things so that we're not flying by the seat of our pants in the future when we're actually in a crunch on needing more members.
This is just an idea, motivated by my desire to have things clearly explained instead of just 'eh...' If you could consider it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. (wszx) 01:13, May 26, 2011 (UTC)
- We have been talking about what to do if someone retires/quits and if we want a set number of people. What it's really coming down to is - if we need help with events, we'll work on some sort of recruitment process (which we'll have to visit again later down the road because, as you said, the closing of that thread was vague). At the moment, even with the recent loss of a team member, we seem to be able to hold our own. The number of people, in my opinion, doesn't matter - the capability of each member does.
- Hmm, what do you mean by defining timetables? Like a calendar? We have that, it's just out of date. (: Or do you mean having a table of definite times?
- About the report - interesting idea. (: Perhaps a news section? 01:19, May 26, 2011 (UTC)
- I'd love to make you a report about where we're at, what's planned, what we're planning to do and all that, but it'd be accurate for about 3 days... even as i write this ive got about a hundred ideas floating around and i'll arbitrarily pick one and implement it (often despite protests by others :D). We're just not settled enough to deal with things like 'consistency' :L
- Yes, i plan to keep creating mid-week events in the foreseeable future. Subject to random changes ofcourse :P And when i feel we need more advertising or certain changes ill just go bother one of the admins until they do it for me. After this i might actually go blackmail Joey into doing some coding work for me.
- At the start, i was under the impression that we'd have around 10 weeks and then we'd do some sort of shuffle to 'prevent elitism' as cook put it. Buuuut it appears that either everyone has forgotten about it or are too lazy to start a YG to put it into effect. But another thing to consider is, who would replace us? The last YG made it clear that we'd have a partial say in nominees along with the community so we've put our heads together and made a list of possible users... We couldn't agree on anybody, not even a 3/5 vote... So i guess it's up to you guys to come up with a shortlist in the aforementioned YG thread.
- So yeah... for now we're sticking with "eh..." - [Pharos] 07:38, May 26, 2011 (UTC)
How "official" is the BGWD event? Edit
Hope I didn't phrase that too provocatively, I'm sure it is official, it's just that there is no mention of it on the main ET page, and no description of how to join, etc. I suppose it's just a matter of studying the Graardor page and rocking up at the appointed time? (Also remember that anyone who thinks they'd like to take part, but dismisses the Site Notice without taking note of the time will miss out.) (OK, fine, so they can probably find the Site Notice somewhere..., but...) -- Zang! talk 19:18, May 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Hmmm... It's "official" but not the same type of event as our weekend events. All 5 of us are attending school (albeit at different levels) along with various other commitments and are unable to make detailed pages twice a week. So for the midweek events we're just hosting, not babysitting.
- The event message can also be found in the "Events" section of the main page. - [Pharos] iPhone Edit 08:30, May 28, 2011 (UTC)
Is it possible to have at least some events for people living in other time zones or who just like to play at a later/earlier time of day than most others? I mean there has been maybe one event that hasn't been between 12:00AM-4:00PM EST [6 hours behind UST]...which means that me and others in my position can't attend any events. Can we possibly have a few between 8:00PM-10:00PM EST or on Sunday? - 613angel 22:20, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
Somewhere along the way i became obsessive about events, to the point where i've regressed to childish name calling over a bout of inactivity. I suppose it's for the best that i've gone then. Swizz, forget it, i overreacted. Everyone, have fun. Just don't respond to this or i'll have another excuse to return and respond... - [Pharos] 09:13, June 26, 2011 (UTC)
- Contact one of the Events Team members via here, their talk pages or in-game. (: 19:28, September 6, 2011 (UTC)
What exactly do you donate to Events Team for? -Nbates93
- For events that cost us in-game money, such as the steel armor PKing event where we hand out sets of steel armor. 17:18, December 14, 2011 (UTC)
- An for use a prizes in events where appropriate. 17:24, December 14, 2011 (UTC)
I'm curious Edit
Ok so there is a SC event which SC is my favorite minigame. But heres I need to ask. I'm kinda new to RSWiki events and I was kinda wondering if anyone can come or only RSWii members/comtributors? And that's pretty much about it.
Edit: Err... I have a feeling I posted this on wrong page thge event thing just directed me there. If it is. Delete this or move it to the appropriate spot for me.
- Hey Cool Julii, we encourage everyone to come to the events. You certainly don't need to be an editor here. Also, this is the right place ^_^ It's Cook's afterbirth day! 23:21, February 3, 2012 (UTC)
I really should have contacted you guys sooner, I've been ill with a chest infection :( I already see you have an event on the 30th of June which is the Hide and Seek.... But there's a Multi-Fansite event coming up, an Iron Wars in the Wilderness which will be free-to-play.
Again, I know it's short notice but if you have any interest at all then let me know! xx ~The Eggman 14:28, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
I was thinking, just maybe, we could do a dungeoneering event, where people are grouped in sets of 4, with an ET member as the 5th in each party, and whichever party that finishes first gets, say, a small amount of cash, like 10k. (This was left by Ice Rush12, was on another comp and cba to login.)