|Release Date||September 2006|
Welcome to the magical world of RuneScape - the online adventure game that has become a worldwide sensation!
- — Blurb[src]
RuneScape: The Official Handbook is a book written by Tracey West. This, along with the three novels (Betrayal at Falador, Return to Canifis, and Legacy of Blood) written by T. S. Church, are currently the only printed RuneScape sources endorsed by Jagex. The book covers most of the free-to-play parts of RuneScape, and also gives tips for newer players.
Since the book was printed in 2006, it does not cover the updates that have happened since then. It shows many monsters with un-updated graphics, places being in now incorrect locations (For example, the Party Room is present in Seer's Village, and the Grand Exchange is non-existent), and other older information. Oddly, the majority of the book contains information solely for free players, even though some of the pictures have Dragon items.
Trivia and errors Edit
- On the cover, there is a Dragon Spear leaning against the skeleton's chair. A Dragon spear is a member's item while this book is free-to-play.
- On the cover, a yellow Halloween mask can be seen to the right of the skeleton's skull. Halloween masks only came in red, blue, and green.
- On the cover, the globe seen on the desk depicts Europe with bits of Asia and northern Africa, rather than Gielinor.
- Also on the front page, there is a pumpkin holiday item on the shelf, along with what appears to be Karamjan rum, along with an unreleased potion set.
- On page 17, the book says that level 5 Woodcutting is needed to cut Oak trees. 15 Woodcutting is actually needed.
- On page 19, the book says there is no cost when sea bait fishing. One bait per fish is actually required.
- On page 29, next to where it says "Hatchet", a Bronze halberd is incorrectly shown.
- On page 33, the book says that level 13 Runecrafting is needed to craft fire runes. 14 Runecrafting is actually needed.
- On page 52, the book says to have a pair of shears for the Vampire Slayer quest, which was repeated from the Sheep Shearer quest. Shears are not needed in the quest.
- On page 54, where it shows a profile of a Bandit, it says "level 21", but actually it is level 22.
- On page 60, at the part where it describes a Giant spider, it said "you'll find them hanging out in the Lumbridge Castle basement, and in sewers and houses." There are none down in the basement.
- On page 67, the scorpion's level is 12, but in-game it is 14.