Welcome to the RuneScape Wiki User Help page. This page is here to offer a central location for those who are participating with the development of this wiki to make general requests for help. For admin help, go here.
Note to users: Remove requests once they have been fully dealt with. Archive those that have a notable discussion.
Note for requesters: Once a solution has been presented and implemented, please add a comment signifying completion, if the request hasn't already been archived. This is to help other users know when to archive completed requests.
- Coding help. Requesting help with writing templates, making a nice user page, or any questions on writing wiki-code can be asked here and users will help to the best of their ability.
- Requests for non-administrative actions. If help is required with an action (such as moving a page), asking users here for help with that action is acceptable.
- Questions on how the wiki works. All the policies and processes in use on the RuneScape Wiki may seem a little overwhelming at first. If you need help in understanding any of the policies, or more in depth instructions on a process, asking here is a good start.
- Other questions to the users of the wiki. - While the Yew Grove is often a better place, a simple question may be asked here for a quick response.
- An all-in-one place to put things. Many of the Wiki's procedures are lesser-known, so putting a note here is a good way to do something if the correct procedure is not known.
- Requests for actions involving administrator tools. Please use Admin requests for such requests.
- Larger discussion with other users on policies or other wide-ranging actions. The Yew Grove is a more suitable location to discuss larger changes to the Wiki's policies, procedures and high-use templates.
- General chat (about RuneScape or not). General chat about RuneScape (or an off-topic subject) should be taken to individual user talk pages, or article talk pages when applicable.
|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 |
Editing Map ImagesEdit
I want to help update new location/updated location maps. I noticed that they often have a blue box marker of the "thing/topic" on the map that's being discussed. Is there a template or image of that square, or do I just make my own purple transparent square? (Such as the one below) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by XVerax (talk) on 12:12, 20 September 2016 (UTC).
- I believe all of these types of maps are made using User:Cook Me Plox/NPC Map Creator. 12:49, September 20, 2016 (UTC)
Is there anyway I can/allowed to get data from this site? XML? I'm just after disassembly data for different items. too many to search and copy. I want items and their chance data which I was going to collect in a excel spreadsheet and sort accordingly. cheers toy smurf —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 23:20, October 4, 2016 (UTC).
- I'm sure someone more experienced on the subject will come along shortly to answer your question in a more thorough way, but in the meantime I can point you to the RuneScape API, and the MediaWiki API documentations. There might be enough there to get you started — Heaven Sent (talk) 04:17, October 5, 2016 (UTC)
- All the raw data for item chances are on Module:Disassembly material calculator/data as a lua table - it should be obvious what means what, but watch out for comments (line starts with
--). This data is by category. Finding the category/level for an item is kinda awkward to do in bulk automatically, but I whipped up User:Gaz Lloyd/dpl9 for you.
- This is a table of all the disassemblable items with the four key values: category, level, special, specialchance. These are: the item's (specific) category, the item's disassembly level, the item's special materials (if any), and whether the item always gives (one of the) special materials - yes/true for 100%, no/false for not 100%. Special has the format
material quantity chance. Both quantity and chance are optional. See the documentation of Template:Disassembly for more info on this.
- You'll also need Module:Disassemble/data to map those names into categories used by the chance data - its a bit more complex than the other module, but you can probably work it out. Let me know if you want help.
- Of course, you'll also need to have read Disassemble and Junk, but I assume you've already done that. 11:26, October 7, 2016 (UTC)
Issue with (atleast) the Protective Component CalculatorEdit
I apologize if this isn't the appropriate place to report this. I tried to edit it but I didn't see how it was possible.
If you go to the http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculator:Disassembly_by_material/Protective page, you might notice the "cost per mat" column is incorrect. What it should do is take the average chance for Protective components, and give you the effective cost per Protective Component in the "cost per mat" column (this is how it works for example, in the Powerful Component Calculator). However, it instead gives you the effective cost per the 8 materials that that item gives. For example, Ganodermic Boots are listed at 3k per material, when they're themselves 24k. This is a result of dividing the price of the boots by the materials (8). It should instead display 145k, which is how much you can expect to pay before you get 1 Protective Component. A proper version of this calculator that works correctly can be found here: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculator:Disassembly_by_material/Protective?oldid=16483071 . —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 21:58, 16 February 2017.