I am self-nominating myself in accordance to various users suggesting me to do such. While most of my work has dealt in one of two namespaces over the past year in the File namespace for new images or updating older animations. I also edit in is the Forum namespace, generally adding a neutral detailed opinion on the matter at hand. I seek to gain the tools to perform what I generally ask in Administrative requests, IRC and sometimes in the Clan Chat in real time. I thank you for your understanding and time placing your input, Ryan PM 02:00, March 26, 2011 (UTC)
I, Ryan PM, accept this nomination for adminship. I have read the policies concerning administrators. I realise that this nomination may fail. If I do get community consensus, I promise not to abuse my tools because I realise that this is a serious offence. If the community finds that I have done so, my tools will be revoked, and in extreme cases I could be given a community ban. Signed, Ryan PM 02:01, March 26, 2011 (UTC).
Questions for the nomineeEdit
1. What administrative work do you intend to take part in?
2. What are your best contributions to the RuneScape Wiki, and why?
I have never been under the impression that I have had any best contributions to the Wiki. The only exceptions to this within reason are hard to achieve items such as the gavel due to the length in time to obtain the item and the creation of quality animations and images.
3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
I have had conflicts in the past with other users. Such a conflict was with 3rd age farcaster regarding the Runescape model viewer or how I was adamantly against Liquidhelium becoming an administrator. I have always had the one fault of taking virtually everything quite literal. I have since learned to ignore taunts, even if they are not directed at me, and refrain from using provocative language as I did in the model viewer thread. Should I find myself in a similar position in the future, I will attempt to stay as neutral as possible and will not do anything without consultation.
Additional questions (asked by the community if necessary)Edit
- There has been things virtually anyone has done on a wiki that they will regret later. I am no exception. The only recent event that comes to mind is my forum move of a thread by Agamemnus from Forum:More on the Runescape Model Viewer: legal PRECEDENT. to Forum:Jagex legal precedent. While this just happened a few days ago, I wasn't attempting to hijack the thread, nor was my intent to take away from potential discussion points. After some talk page messages, it became clear that one should consult the creator of a thread before moving it. Ryan PM 14:14, March 30, 2011 (UTC)
Support - Would be great if you could edit the MediaWiki namespace and I trust you with all the tools.06:21, March 26, 2011 (UTC)
Support - Wow, I had just decided to create this page despite the number of times Ryan had said not to bother, and instead of a blank page I see, it is already here. Most excellent. Ryan is one of our most technically knowledgeable people on this wiki, he has been here for a long time, and has demonstrated time and again he is here for the betterment of this wiki. Ignore the low anti-vandal activity, only narrow minded buffoons consider that to be critical. Sysop should expand way beyond that to all aspects of editing, and Ryan is a perfect example of someone who we need to trust with the tools, so he can help make the wiki better with them.--Degenret01 11:45, March 26, 2011 (UTC)
Strong Support - A perfect example for other wikians. I can't think of a better candidate.11:54, March 26, 2011 (UTC)
Support - I would have supported the RfA's of people like Quarenon, and Ryan is just like him. I think Ryan is an epitome of a dedicated Wikian. He works on Mediawiki pages quite a lot, and always takes the time to explain his changes, despite how many times I told him just to put what to remove and what to add instead of explaining something most people won't understand. As we currently have a dearth of sysops with technical knowledge, Ryan shows a clear need for these tools. It would be a disgrace not to support such an excellent person. --LiquidTalk 13:30, March 26, 2011 (UTC)
Support - Wooot a self nomination! Beyond that, Ryan is a great user with a clear need for the tools. He is experienced and clueful (a great combination!), and I have no objections to him having access to sysop tools. Yes, he doesn't have many edits, but that should hardly be a deciding factor on an RfA. ajr 14:04, March 26, 2011 (UTC)
Support - For a long while I thought you were already an admin. ɳex undique 15:02, March 26, 2011 (UTC)
Support - Long overdue. Even though Ryan may not have the strongest background in anti-vandalism, his presence on the yew grove and constant use of RS:AR to request changes to Mediawiki pages clearly shows that he will make an excellent administrator. --Aburnett (Talk) 16:43, March 26, 2011 (UTC)
Support - Mature and technically fluent user who will make good use of the tools.16:48, March 26, 2011 (UTC)
Anyone who's better at coding and such things than Gaz should be admin wait then everyone would be admin... Ok, everyone who's this good at coding should be admin. Yay ryan JOEYTJE50TALK pull my finger 20:53, March 26, 2011 (UTC)
- y u no use articles? y u no speek guud engrish? 16:49, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Honestly, I was going to apply for adminship until I saw his RfA- If he has everything needed to become a Sysop, then I have no hopes of surviving an RfA ^^ S T Y G 05:02, March 29, 2011 (UTC)
Support - Somewhat surprised he's not already an admin, a very trustworthy user. fetus is my son and I love him. 15:02, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
Support - As Rsa kinda said, I thought you were already an admin. Also, you are an excellent editor.16:19, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
Support - I remember you mentioning in IRC a while back that you didn't think you could pass an RfA since you didn't have a strong anti-vandalism background, but there are other things that should go into consideration. All in all, you're a great candidate for adminship, and I think you'll use the tools well. Suppa chuppa 01:40, April 3, 2011 (UTC)
Support - He wasn't already an admin?????21:51, April 3, 2011 (UTC)
Strong Support - Ryan is a very strong user, for a long time I though he was a admin, showing how much he already should be. I don't understand why we have to wait this long to make him a admin, as he has demonstrated large amounts of responsibility and good edits. From what I've seen of him in the community he is a kind, helpful person. Unless someone can give me a good reason why he shouldn't have the rights to use the Admin's tools, I feel that his RfA should be passed. Spamnub 01:33, April 7, 2011 (UTC)
- It's definitely going to pass, no problem. But every nomination is open for exactly 2 weeks, this one has 2 days left. ɳex undique 01:38, April 7, 2011 (UTC)
- I know, but why should we have to wait for a whole two weeks for someone that doesn't even has a signle oppose, let alone a valid reason why we shouldn't give this outstanding user access to admin tools? I understand the reasoning, it just doesn't make sense to me. Spamnub 15:44, April 7, 2011 (UTC)
Support - Apologize my double commenting, but I had to throw a support in for Ryan. He's a very down to earth editor, very good quality posts, keeps his head cool when the flames get hot, and someone who can bear the burden of being a sysop I think. Godspeed, Chaos Monk Talk • Sign 02:51, April 8, 2011 (UTC)