Rich has been in invaluable contributor to this wiki for a very long time. While some may not recognize his name if you take a few minutes to peruse his edits you will see what I mean. His contributions are often/usually on the technical side and they do a lot of the formatting and fixing of things. He also wrote and runs one of our GE price bots (Smackbot) and we all know how useful that is to have here. While some will note that he doesn't do much in the way of anti-vandal work you should consider that is just one small role of our sysops (although it receives an inordinate amount of our attention). His focus is editing and fixing and hes been at it for a long time, we can certainly trust this guy, and these tools will help him to be even more efficient in his tasks. I'm just sorry I didn't nominate him long ago.--Degenret01 23:24, March 3, 2010 (UTC)
I, Rich Farmbrough, accept this nomination for adminship. I have read the policies concerning administrators. I realise that this nomination may fail. If I do get community consensus, I promise not to abuse my powers because I realise that this is a serious offence and if the community finds that I have done so, my powers will be revoked and in extreme cases I could be given a community ban. Signed, Rich Farmbrough, 23:41 3 March 2010 (GMT)..
Questions for the nominee
1. What administrative work do you intend to take part in? Occasionally I need to edit a protected page (template) or delete/restore something. That ability would be useful.
2. What are your best contributions to the RuneScape Wiki, and why? I am probably best pleased with certain calculators, like the Calculators/Culinaromancer's chest calculator. But I have also changed quest walk-throughs where I have tripped up myself - these edits save other people form repeating my mistakes. Clearly the GE stuff was pleasing to get working, and made the price calculators useful.
3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future? No this wiki is pretty friendly, and I have no ego invested here so I am not stressed by what happens. Mildly irritated is about as far as it gets... And just talk, there's not a conflict of interests, we all want a good resource.
Additional questions (asked by the community if necessary)
- Support - As nominator.--Degenret01 23:24, March 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - Rich Farmbrough has been one of our most active members. His edit count is impressive. I thought he already was an admin. --LiquidTalk 23:26, March 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - Per Liquidhelium. --HaloTalk 23:31, March 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - Per above. Ajraddatz Talk 23:33, March 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - Has everything to look for in an Administrator. Ruud (talk)(Suggest me naems) 01:11, March 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - Would make a good addition.
- Support - I was just recently wondering why he wasn't an admin. He seems to view adminship as no big deal, he's a very experienced community member, and would help the community greatly if given sysop tools. --Aburnett (Talk) 03:26, March 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - The quiet and friendly type, which is great. Evil Yanks talk 04:51, March 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - Per all. It has been weird looking at the top users widget and not seeing the top user be an admin, though that is not the reason I am supporting in the least bit. 10:34, March 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - Since when do we use Bullets in votes? @_@ /~/~/ Per all. Gone. 18:38, March 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - Per nom. Oil4 Talk 18:44, March 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - I thought he already was an admin. O_o ~ Sentry Telos Talk 20:05, March 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - ...almost 40,000 edits. He's the real robot. -- 02:07, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - I came across this user the other day, when I clicked his user page and saw his edit count I was crazily surprised. How could I not have known about him, or even clicked his name, and he had that many edits. Odd that I found out about him 2 days before his RfA :P. scooties 02:17, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - per above. C.ChiamTalk 07:30, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - 39.5k+ edits amazing, well worth it. 09:21, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - Per all. 01:36, March 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Strong Support - Per all as well. -- 04:15, March 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - We need more people like you =Þ Frede 08:20, March 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Comment - Just a note, about 35K of those edits are from before SmackBot was placed on a seperate account, though Rich is a fine editor none the less and I have no doubt that he will make good use of the tools when he needs them.-- 20:59, March 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - per all. Andrew talk 23:21, March 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Support Atlandy 18:32, March 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - Nothing much left to say. He's a long-time user with plenty of edits. 00:42, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Support - Per all ExclaiimerTCUSG
- Closed - Rich Farmbrough will be sysopped.-- 18:48, March 16, 2010 (UTC)