The Citadel Raffle is a weekly event. Clan members who have 'capped' by gathering 2,700 resources at the citadel can contact a raffle organiser or helper to be entered into the raffle. Each week, people who have entered can win prizes of 1,000,000, 2,000,000 or 3,000,000!
Entering the raffleEdit
Simply gather a full cap of resources at the citadel and ask a raffle helper or organiser to enter you into the raffle. Entries will be accepted so long as build tick has not yet happened and your contribution for the week before can be checked. To check your contributions a helper or organiser must be on the same world as you, so that they can use the resource check tool. It is not necessary to meet in game.
A raffle organiser can access the the raffle spreadsheet and add your entry directly to it. A raffle helper can take a screenshot of your contribution and add it to the raffle Dropbox folder. Later, an organiser will check the image and add it to the spreadsheet. The Dropbox will always be checked just before doing the draw and may also be checked earlier in the week. Once an entry has been transferred to the spreadsheet then the image has - done added to it.
You can also enter by taking an image of your resource screen and posting it to one of the organisers' or helpers' talk pages (please provide a full, unedited screenshot including the system clock with the time and date visible - you may not be entered if you do not include this).
When your entry is added to the spreadsheet you are assigned a number of tickets; the number of tickets received depends upon what resources you gathered while capping. Different resources are assigned different ticket values, which are obtained each week by using random.org to generate numbers between 10 and 110. Resource ticket values are listed on the raffle spreadsheet, in the sheet corresponding to the current week: 337 (9 January 2018 - 16 January 2018) (Incorrect dates? Click here.)
The spreadsheet shows the amount of tickets that would be received for gathering a full cap of each resource. When gathering less than a full cap on one resource, the amount of tickets received is scaled down linearly, and the scaled down values for all resources are added together to give the final number of tickets. See here for an example of how players' number of tickets are calculated.
Drawing the raffleEdit
Each week there is a minimum of 3 prizes available: 1st place being 3,000,000, and the two runner up prizes being 2,000,000 and 1,000,000. If there are at least 15 raffle entrants then more prizes are added. For every 5 entrants above 15, a new prize is added, which is 1,000,000 more than the previous largest prize.
|Number of entrants||Prizes available|
|And so on...|
After the build tick the raffle is drawn random.org is used to generate a number between 1 and the total number of tickets. The player who received tickets including this number is the winner. Winning tickets are drawn until all prizes have been awarded to different players - it is not possible to win more than one prize in the same week.
Once all winners are chosen, the Winners Summary sheet of the spreadsheet and Prizes and time limit Dropbox file are updated to reflect this. Please check to see if you have won! Prizes may be collected for up to 1 month after they are awarded. If a prize is not claimed during this time then it is returned to the raffle prize pot.
You may contact or be contacted by a raffle helper or organiser to claim your prize. The helper/organiser will meet you in game to pay you the prize. The Dropbox file is updated to reflect when a winner has been paid and the helper/organiser is usually paid back from the prize pot. Once this is done the winner is removed from the Dropbox document and marked as paid in the spreadsheet.
Organisers and helpersEdit
The following clanmates are organisers and are able to edit the spreadsheet:
The following clanmates can add entries to the the raffle Dropbox folder:
Clan members who are interested in becoming a raffle helper or organiser can contact Gaz. Helpers simply accept entries, typically by adding them to the Dropbox folder. Organisers are trusted helpers (typically sysops or clan admins) who are also be able to edit the spreadsheet. To do this you must give your Google account email name to Gaz. Being an organiser means you cannot enter the raffle yourself - helpers however do not have this restriction.
Helpers or organisers can find information on how to use the Dropbox/spreadsheet by reading README.txt in the main Dropbox folder. Other txt files in the main folder may explain other things or provide announcements, so pay attention to them.
The following users have been identified as inactive. They may still add you to the spreadsheet or Dropbox if you see them, but they are not around a lot to do so:
- My resource checker says I only gathered 2699 resources/The sum of my resources is 2699 but I have maxed!
- This is simply a rounding error, we are aware that it occurs and will use common sense if we notice it.
- My citadel sidebar says I have gained 269.35 [resource], will you account for the fraction?
- No, we will only count the values supplied by the resource checker interface, which are floored integers.
- I gathered over 270 minions, do I get extra tickets?
- When gathering at the obelisk, the check for minions only activates at when attempting to start at a new small obelisk - thus, if attention is paid, extra minions can be gathered. If you gather extra minions, the extra (partial) ticket(s) from them will be counted.
- My account is an (hardcore) ironman, can I enter?
- Ironmen and Hardcore Ironmen cannot trade, so they cannot receive the prize if they win. As such, they cannot enter the raffle. They are free to cap in the citadel as normal, though.
- Where do I check if I am entered?
- To check if you are entered to the raffle, either visit the spreadsheet, or check inside the helper dropbox folder. (Note: Clicking Add to my Dropbox does not make you a helper. To become a helper you must be added to the Dropbox by contacting Gaz.)
- If you are not in either of these places you will not be in the drawing.
- I maxed but I'm not on the entry list!
- The raffle is opt-in, thus if you want a chance of winning you must contact one of the clanmates listed above. Organisers and helpers may ask around in the clan chat for people who have maxed and want to enter, but they will not add people who do not tell them they have maxed.
- You can also check inside the helper Dropbox folder. Users in the folder may not yet be added, but will be before the draw.
- I don't want the prize
- If you do not want the prize, do not enter. If you enter and later change your mind, contact an admin and we will remove your entry. If you change your mind after the drawing, we will redraw.
- What happens if I do not claim my prize?
- Your prize is held for four weeks from the date of the draw. After that, if it has not been claimed, it will be put back into the prize pot for someone else to win. You are advised to claim swiftly to avoid this.
- Note that your prize may also be reclaimed if you leave the clan for whatever reason.
- Can I see an archive of previous weeks?
- Why does the citadel raffle start at week 55? Shouldn't it start at week 1?
- The citadel raffle week numbers are based on the number of weeks the citadel has existed, not the raffle existing. The citadel was created on the day of the update, Tuesday 26 July 2011 (hence why the build tick is on a Tuesday). Thus, the current week is 337. The raffle in its current form was first run on week 55.
- Give me an example of an entry and how tickets are calculated.
- First, let's define the ticket values:
Example values Resource Timber Stone Charcoal Ore Bars Tickets for 2700 86 60 98 76 92 Resource P. Ore P. Bars Cloth Rations Minions Tickets for 2700 21 22 66 101 200
- Let's take the example of these two users: Jimmy and Billy.
- Jimmy wants crafting experience, so he gathers only cloth. Thus:
Jimmy's ticket calculation Resource Timber Stone Coal Ore Bars P. Ore P. Bars Cloth Rations Minions Total Gathered 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2700 0 0 2700 Tickets earned 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 66 0 0 66 Total Awarded 66
- So Jimmy gets 66 tickets.
- Billy, on the other hand, gathers a bit of everything:
Billy's ticket calculation Resource Timber Stone Coal Ore Bars P. Ore P. Bars Cloth Rations Minions Total Gathered 300 300 300 300 300 300 300 150 180 270 2700 Tickets earned 9.55... 6.66... 10.88... 8.44... 10.22... 2.33... 2.44... 3.66... 6.733... 20 80.955... Total Awarded 80
- Thus Billy gets 80 tickets.
- Notice that the tickets are rounded down at the end.
- (Side note: the actual calculation is not done like this, but in an analogous manner: instead of the equivalent used above. This reduces rounding errors and makes a more accurate value.)