- Friends Chat –
- Location – Outside Twin furies lobby in Zamorak's Rampart, world 39
- Date and time – ??:?? UTC 25 February 2017
- Requirements: 80 Ranged
- Drops distribution: Coinshare
The Twin Furies are located at the north-western corner of The Heart. To enter their chamber, the player must gain 40 Zamorakian kill count (20 if the player has unlocked the 50% kill count reduction perk, requiring 4,500 Reputation) and have 80 Ranged. Players can easily get kill count by visiting nodes that Zamorakian forces are attacking or simply kill the ones in the fortress area.
Alternatively, one can use the Max Guild's PvM Portal to take them straight to the boss.
Melee is highly recommended, especially with a halberd as the Twin Furies are treated as separate NPCs but share the same health pool. This means abilities like Hurricane and Quake essentially deal double damage during the fight. Using Berserk (with an Adrenaline potion) during the channelled bomb can do large amounts of damage - it's possible for Hurricane to hit two 10k's on your target and another 10k on the opposing sister (even more with critical hits).
As the Twin Furies have a relatively low max hit, those who don't want to use power or tank armor can instead opt for Void Knight equipment, if utilizing the Scrimshaw of vampyrism paired with the Vampyrism aura or the Supreme brawler aura. Combined with Soul Split and the Amulet of Souls, players should be able to maintain high life points whilst also benefitting from Void's 3% accuracy boost.
The use of Corruption shot, Bombardment, and Ricochet should be prioritized as they will damage both sisters. Try not to use Death's Swiftness right before the ceiling collapse as you may have to move out of the cloud to stand under Nymora. Similar to meleeing, it is recommended to save your ultimates for the channelled bomb attack when you will deal twice as much damage.
Mages should prioritize Corruption Blast, Chain, Dragon Breath, and Detonate to damage both sisters for extra damage. Try not to use Sunshine right before the ceiling collapse as you may have to move out of the beam to stand under Nymora. Save your ultimates for the chanelled bomb attack as you deal twice as much damage.
The Twin Furies are perhaps the easiest of the four generals to most players, as proper use of halberd mechanics, Soul Split and either the Vampyrism aura or scrimshaw allows a player to stay in the instance for the whole duration without having to bank. Using just Soul Split alone will not be enough to recover lost health from their attacks.
The Twin Furies use several abilities during the fight against the player:
- Wall charge - Avaryss will jump onto the walls and fly in a straight line, covering a 3x3 area in front of her. She will yell out a random quote ("Ha ha ha!", "Keep them busy, sister!" or "Think you can dodge me?") before charging. Players who get caught in the charge are knocked into the wall and are dealt with up to 2000 melee damage. Avaryss always follows the set pattern of north to south, west to east, south to north and finally east to west.
- Ceiling collapse: Nymora will stand in one of the 4x4 tiles (16 of these), saying "We will purge them all!" in the process. After a few seconds, she will fly up, becoming unattackable while attacking the ceiling. Stalactites will fall down and deal ranged damage of up to 1000 every three ticks. This can be avoided by simply staying under Nymora, as the stalactites will not fall down on her location.
- Channelled bomb: Avaryss and Nymora will fly to the centre of the room, saying "Burn, burn, BURN!" and "Come to me, my sister!". A ring of fire will also appear in the outer area, dealing up to 2500 damage every few ticks the player(s) are in it. They will channel their powers to create a portal of energy which sends out fire bolts at the player for up to 350 damage per tick. During this process, they will not attack the player and will suffer a 2x damage multiplier on them. A blue bar will also appear over their heads and will change to orange over time. Once the bar is completely orange, the portal explodes and deals up to 4500 damage to players in its radius. Just a few seconds before the explosion, the outer ring of fire will dissipate.
The Twin Furies use this attacking pattern:
- Wall charge
- Several auto-attacks
- Ceiling collapse
- Several auto-attacks
- Channelled bomb
- Several auto-attacks
When the Furies spawn, start attacking Nymora as Avaryss will almost immediately start wall charging. Swiftly avoid Avaryss' charges; if you get caught, simply flick Protect/Deflect Melee to get reduced damage because the charge applies its damage when the player hits the wall. Move out of the way as soon as possible to avoid taking more damage. Players can heal off one of these charges by equipping and shield and use Resonance right when they hit the wall. Resonancing too early will result in their healing off Nymora's range attack. Once Avaryss flies from east to west, start using channelled abilities on Nymora while utilising AoE abilities as their full potential occurs when the two are together.
After several attacks, Nymora will fly to a 4x4 tile in the arena. Follow her (Barge will work to cover lost ground quickly) and go under her. Starting attacking Avaryss until Nymora drops down. Use Quake to decrease their defence, as Hurricane should be reserved for their bomb attack. The player should be near 100% adrenaline several attacks before they start channelling a bomb so they can activate Berserk quickly.
Once the two move to the centre, place yourself one tile north-west of Avaryss. This way, when using Cleave, you will hit both of them rather then the one you are focused on. Drink a dose of adrenaline and start using Assault, Hurricane, Quake and Cleave. When the bar nears complete orange, run off if they have a reasonable amount of health left, as it is not worth taking the explosion damage, especially under the effects of Berserk where it deals up to 7,500 damage. If done properly, the Twin Furies should die before the bomb is completed. Stall your adrenaline so that the player can use stronger threshold/ultimate abilities as soon as they spawn.