|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 |
Create next archive
This is the page to request to join the events team.
|Username||Nomination date||Discuss here|
|Requests are currently closed.|
Please note that the Events Team has one hard requirement: you must have an account on the wiki. If you do not have a wiki account, your RfET will automatically be void.
In addition, there are some softer requirements which can de debated upon during the RfET. Take these as guidelines for consideration if you are planning to nominate yourself, another person or to vote on an RfET:
- Trusted user - are they 'trusted' by the wiki community (in-game and/or on-wiki)?
- Game familiarity - are they familiar with the game, including being able to access most/all activities, successfully tank (or at least fight) bosses, etc...?
- Availability - are they available to attend/host events (time zone permitting), are they often available for discussion in the Events Team's IRC channel?
- Permission - if you are nominating someone other than yourself, please make sure to obtain their permission before nominating them.
- Due to the nature of working in the Events Team, members will be expected to work together closely and possibly under stress. As such the current team have immediate veto power - if it cannot work together well with the candidate, then the user should not join the team.
- Communication - you will be expected to keep in touch with the other ET members often. The easiest way to do this is by using the Events Team IRC channel on freenode. When RfETs are active, the channel may be made public (rather than invite-only) to allow candidates to talk with the existing ET and get used to the channel and such. Ideally, before a nomination a candidate should talk to the existing ET - especially if they are not already known to the ET (e.g. a clanmate).
How to nominate
Nominations must be accepted on behalf of the user in question. If you wish to nominate a user, please make sure you let the user know beforehand.
- Create a page at "RuneScape:Events Team/Requests/NOMINEE", where NOMINEE is the username of the nominee.
- Follow the instructions given on
- Fill in another row of the summary table above with the nominee's information.
- If this is not a self nomination, contact the nominee on his or her talk page or in-game to let him or her know that he or she has been nominated. The candidate must then sign the acceptance of nomination section on his or her request page.
There are no current requests.