- Friends Chat – UwS Kamikazi
- Location – W39, Ancient Prison Frozen Door, in the southern part of the God Wars Dungeon. We may hop if crowded etc.
- Date and time
| 7:00 pm|
Sat, 8 Nov
| 11:00 am|
Sat, 8 Nov
| 12:00 pm|
Sat, 8 Nov
| 1:00 pm|
Sat, 8 Nov
| 2:00 pm|
Sat, 8 Nov
| 7:00 pm|
Sat, 8 Nov
| 8:00 pm|
Sat, 8 Nov
| 6:00 am|
Sun, 9 Nov
- The event is over.
- You need a Frozen Key to enter the Zaros room in the God Wars Dungeon. Getting this key can take a while, so do this before the event. Do not bring this into the room where we fight Nex - if you lose it on death, you will not be able to pick up your stuff.
- Due to the latest update to Nex you must use two styles of combat, in order to kill Nex efficiently. See down below for more information on this topic
- Partial completion of the Troll Stronghold quest.
- 40 Prayer (Highly Recommended)
- 70 Constitution
- 70 Strength
- 70 Agility
- 39 Prayer necessary, 43 Prayer EXTREMELY recommended
- 70 Ranged (Cannot be boosted)
- At least 70+ Combat in whatever style your are using is EXTREMELY recommended.
- At least 75+ Defence
- Ancient ceremonial robes extremely highly recommended for anybody, including high levels. While they do let you skip the kill count for Nex, monsters in the dungeon are still aggressive .
- God related armour to protect you on your way to the Nex
- Drops distribution: Coinshare
This is a guide with basic information about nex.
For a full strategy guide, see Nex/Strategies
- Climbing up the mountain - Using climbing boots, you can teleport to Burthorpe with a games necklace and climb all the way up to Trollheim through Death Plateau.
- Teleporting there - Using the Trollheim Teleport (or tablet) will teleport you right to the top of the mountain, making it the ideal arrival method. No climbing boots are needed.
When we all get to Trollheim using the various methods mentioned above, as a group, we will run past Thrower trolls to get to a snowy area with a large boulder. Your stats will be drained here so we must be quick. Push away or slide past the boulder and run forward until you find the ruins with wolves and a giant hole. Take 10+ food with you to protect you from the monsters inside. Once you are in, head South until you get to the large door to access Nex's stronghold. Here you need to have at least 70 Strength, Constitution, Agility and Ranged.
Once we are past the frozen door, climb down the stairs and squeeze through the gap in the wall. The monsters in this room will always be aggressive, so take plenty of food. Run until the end of the cave and equip your Ancient Ceremonial Robes. Enter the door and you have made it to the Nexbank. This is the place where you set yourself up for the actual Nex event. Make sure you bank your Frozen Key!
- You are not obligated to wear anything on this list for the event.
Note that since the latest update to Nex, you now need two combat styles in order to kill Nex efficiently. Nex will switch Ranged and Magic prayers every other kill and often uses Deflect from Melee therefore you can not use just one of those styles when you start your Nex trip. This means you would have to bring a hybrid setup such as Ranged+Melee or Magic+Ranged).
The recommended gear section below assumes you bring two combat styles and bring the armour from that style aswell. You can use a hybrid armour instead, such as Warpriest armor to save yourself inventory slots but doing this is not recommended due to the low Armour ratings of these armours.
Drygore weaponry is far cheaper than the equivalent seismic weaponry, but Melee armour is weaker against Nex's attacks. Even so, drygores are a large improvement over the chaotic staff and Virtus wand with book, and should be used unless the player owns a seismic wand.
Players using Melee should remember that Nex can deflect against it on her last phase.
- Off-hand: Off-hand drygore mace / rapier / longsword > Off-hand chaotic claw / rapier / longsword > Enhanced excalibur
Magic is the strongest class against Nex, its armour defending best against her attacks and its damage never being deflected. The downside is the weapons' price: the Virtus wand and book cost about as much as drygore weaponry, and the seismic weaponry, equal to drygores, is extremely expensive.
If you do not have Melee weapons of a greater tier, it is recommended to use Magic. Additionally, Nex's mages are immune to magical attacks, so you will need a Ranged switch.
- Legs: Tectonic robe bottom > (Superior) sea singer's robe bottom > Virtus robe bottom > Ganodermic leggings
- Spell: Blood Barrage / Your best spell
If you do not have Melee or Magic weapons of a greater tier, it is recommended to use Ranged.
- Body: Sirenic hauberk > Superior death lotus body > Death lotus body > Pernix body > Armadyl chestplate
- Legs: Sirenic chaps > Superior death lotus chaps > Death lotus chaps> Pernix chaps > Armadyl chainskirt
The following is only a recommendation.
- Runes for your best spell, if using Magic
- Ranged switch for Nex's mages, if using Magic: Royal crossbow with royal bolts > Hand cannon with hand cannon shot > Crystal bow
- Familiar: Bring a beast of burden, and summon a healer once it is empty.
- Emergency teleport, also used to leave the chamber
This section lists all the different attacks Nex will use. A caller from the Events Team will shout out which prayer to use each phase during the fight and he will also tell you which style not to use when Nex uses one of her deflect prayers.
This is the basic for your prayers: Magic, Ranged, Magic, Magic, Magic (1st phase, 2nd phase, 3rd->5th phase)
The basic for Nex her prayers is: Magic OR Ranged deflect during our first kill, after that she switches deflects every other kill. If she prays Deflect from Magic during our first kill, she will use Deflect from Ranged on the 2nd kill and then Deflect from Magic again during our 3rd. Note that during the 5th phase her Deflect prayers are RANDOM so she could pray any deflect curse during that phase.Smoke phase: During this phase, she will use Smoke spells in the form of chaotic clouds. These have a moderate range and are also capable of poisoning the player, up to 360 poison damage. Her special abilities in this phase are:
- "Let the virus flow through you!" - One player (the one Nex targets) will be infected, saying "cough" every time their stats are drained. The player will rapidly lose stats and after a while, it will dissipate. It can spread to other players, and has a 3x3 spreading radius from the player.
- "There is... NO ESCAPE!" - Nex will teleport and fly through one of the paths of the central symbol, damaging players who stand in her way for up to 4000 and disabling their protection prayers.
- Dragging a player - Draws a player to Nex, deactivating their prayers and stunning them. Nex tends to do this during the beginning of the phase, and after that she usually tends to do the drag after she does her "NO ESCAPE!" attack.
After she reaches 4/5th of her life points and her mage Fumus is killed, she will go to the next phase.
Shadow phase: During this phase, she will use Shadow spells, which are in fact ranged attacks that represents a shadowed vampyre. This is the only phase where she uses ranged-based attacks. Her special abilities in this phase are:
- "Fear the shadow!" - Shadow traps will appear under every player in the area. After 3 ticks, any player still standing on them will be hit for up to 4000 damage.
- "Embrace darkness!" - The room will be darkened drastically. The closer you are to Nex, the darker the room will be. If you stand too close to Nex for five seconds, you will get a message saying "The shadows start to consume you!" and be dealt rapid damage up to 700 per tick until you get away from her.
After she reaches 3/5th of her life points and her mage Umbra is killed, she will go to the next phase.
Blood phase: During this phase, she will use Blood spells which will heal her. Her special abilities in this phase are:
- "A siphon will solve this!" - Nex will summon up to three blood reavers and kneel down for about 8 ticks. During this, all damage she receives instead heals her, shown by purple hit splats. Any blood reavers from the previous siphon will instantly die, and Nex will be healed by however many life points they had remaining.
- "I demand a blood sacrifice!" - Nex will target a player, who will glow red. If the player does not move away from Nex in time, she will heal an amount equal to 100% of the targets maximum life points and deal damage equal to 10% of them. It is advised to run if targeted. Note that the Escape ability will not work if you have recently used a stunning basic ability e.g. Backhand or Impact, and it is therefore not advised to use them until it uses the blood sacrifice attack. Nex seems to use this attack on the farthest player from her. If all players are close enough, she will pick a player within melee range.
- Healing - This ability is active from the start of the blood phase and last until the phase ends. If Nex is attacked with a successful bleed over time ability, such as Combust, Fragmentation Shot, Deadshot, Dismember or Slaughter, the hits will instead heal Nex instead of doing damage.
After she reaches 2/5th of her life points and her mage Cruor is killed, she will go to the next phase. If she sacrifices the Blood reavers before she calls Cruor's name out, the health must be depleted again. If she calls Cruor's name out, she will not heal from the reavers.
Ice phase: During this phase, she will use Ice spells which will target all players, freeze them and lower prayer points. Her special attacks in this phase are:
- "Die now, in a prison of ice!" - Nex freezes a targeted player using an ice stalagmite attack. When the ice recedes, the trapped player will be hit for 5000+ damage. However, it is possible to use the ability freedom and eat or break the icicles and for other players to destroy the icicles that make up the prison, allowing the trapped player to avoid damage.
- "Contain this!" - Nex creates a barrier of ice (3 by 3 squares) around her. Players caught in the original ice barrier will be dealt up to 3500 damage, get stunned and be unable to eat. Small icicle rushes will surge from them, dealing up to 2000 damage if they hit a player but will not cause any stun effects.
After she reaches 1/5th of her life points and her mage Glacies is killed, she will go to the last phase.
Final phase: During this phase, she will only use her normal magic and melee attacks. However, they will become far more accurate and powerful, hitting massive (2000) damage even through prayer. She will cycle between using Soul Split, Deflect Curses and no overhead prayer.
- "NOW, THE POWER OF ZAROS!" - At the start of this phase, Nex heals to 2/5th of her life points (she heals 40,000 turning it to 80,000) and activates Turmoil, giving her greater Attack, Strength, and Defence and lowering those stats from all players.
- "Taste my wrath!" - Upon death, Nex will activate Wrath, dealing up to 3000 damage to all nearby players. Her version of Wrath has a larger radius than that of players, but activates after 3 ticks.
Should you dieEdit
Death is usually fairly bothersome, but not on this trip. If you should die, your grave will be blessed, giving you a complete hour to return and pick up your items. For this reason it is very important that you don't bring your Frozen Key into Nex's room - if you lose your key, you won't be able to reach your items!
Obviously, any items you may be carrying that are not being protected by the gravestone will be lost, so plan what you will bring accordingly. If you require boosts or are very new with the GWD area, you can ask an events team member or a friend to help you on the way back. Your grave will be in the place you died.
Nex is among the toughest bosses one can fight, but her standard drops are worth hundreds of thousands of coins, with some of them even worth more than harder bosses like Vorago. Unlike most bosses, Nex's drops are split into equal sections of 4 or 5 at a time, to let all players receive some loot.
- Magic seed - 5x split, 1 per split
- Pure essence - 4x splits, 1200 per split
- Runite ore - 4x splits, 20 per split
- Green dragonhide - 4x splits, 100 per split
- Onyx bolts (e) - 5x splits, 75 per split
- Magic logs - 5x splits, 75 per split
- Coal - 4x splits, 600 per split
- Saradomin brew/Super restore; since they are combined players can receive up to 10 per item drop.
Depending on your LootShare potential, you may be able to receive most if not all of the split drops.
Nex's unique drops are tier 80 Power armour for every class, three full armour sets that offer high defence and offense and are sought by many players. She also drops the Virtus wand and book, tier 80 Magic weapons together equivalent to the chaotic staff, and the zaryte bow, a Ranged equivalent to the chaotic maul.
|Torva full helm||1||Rare||4,946,173|
|Virtus robe top||1||Rare||27,715,815|
|Virtus robe legs||1||Rare||27,400,601|