Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Events Team members|
The RuneScape Wiki Events Team is a small group of users who create regular events for the RuneScape Wiki community. All events are aimed at everyone who wants to come - you do not need to be an editor, have an account or be part of the clan chat to come to events.
The friends chat used for events organised by the Events Team will usually be one of the friends chats of the Events Team members - check each individual event page for full details.
If you have a suggestion for a future event, please click here to post your ideas. We will happily review your suggestions as soon as possible and try to incorporate them into a future event. If you have feedback or questions about an event, please post on the event's talk page. For general event feedback, please complete this short survey, or post here.
- 30 May – Iiii I I I has joined the Events Team.
- 15 May – RfETs have been closed.
- 13 May – King kolton9 has joined the Events Team.
- 3 May – Ephedra has left the Events Team.
- 28 April – Starieeena has joined the Events Team.
- 30 March – Wayfind3r has left the Events Team.
- 4 March – Juan Luis has joined the Events Team.
- 28 December – Megadog14 has left the Events Team.
- 30 June – Ephedra has joined the Events Team.
- 12 May – Corn Squigly and Wayfind3r have joined the Events Team.
- 19 April – Rwojy, Sly Fawkes, and Oil4 have left the Events Team. RfETs have been reopened.
What are the rules of attending an event?
All rules should be common sense:
- All Rules of RuneScape, clan chat rules, and wiki rules apply.
- Being rude or disruptive may result in removal from the event. This includes rudeness towards others in the area who are not part of the event. (Not being a part of the friends chat may mean you are not considered part of the event.) Should an event be crashed, the Events Team will organise a world hop.
- Backseat moderating is not appreciated. Please let the Events Team or other moderators in the friends chat (i.e. ranked users) deal with any rule breaking. Let them know if you believe someone is breaking the rules, but do not take it into your own hands.
- Understand the event. Every boss or minigame done by the Events Team has some strategy to follow. Never having the done the boss or minigame is fine; however it is expected that you read the strategy that is laid out on the event's page. A list of all written ET guides can be found here.
- Most importantly, have fun! Events are put on for the community to have a good time together, be it working with each other in a boss event or working against each other in a competitive event.
How can I help?
- While the Events Team tries to keep self-sufficient, some events may require additional moderators, for reasons such as Events Team members being unable to come, moderators to mark waypoints, or users to provide extra food or potions to a tank in a high-level boss event.
- As a rule of thumb, existing ranks in the wiki's clan chat can request a rank in the event's FC. Be aware that this may take time due to the FC owner being busy, especially in combat-based events, or not being on at all. Some events may require the FC being completely muted to all but events team members (ranked as general in the FCs). This, however, will be a rare occurrence.
- Just being nice, helpful and following the clan chat rules will minimise pressure on the events team, making the event run more smoothly and increase enjoyment of the event for everyone.
- The Events Team fund all events from their own pockets, but they do accept donations toward event rewards to help them out (be this in the form of coins or items). Contact any member of the Events Team if you wish to donate.
How do I suggest an event?
Click here to post ideas. Events Team members are happy to accept suggestions and may use them as (part of) an upcoming event; however, they are under no obligation to do so.
Representatives of other fansites or communities can contact any member of the Events Team or start a Yew Grove thread to set up an event involving multiple communities.
How are members of the Events Team chosen?
New members will be chosen when the team requires new members (a member leaving, workload getting high, etc). Interested users may nominate themselves at the RfET page. To pass, the user must attain consensus from the community that he or she is will be a qualified member of the Events Team. Furthermore, due to the nature of the team, the current/remaining members of the team hold veto power over any member chosen by the community.
You can see the records of past RfETs listed at the top of this page.
Do Events Team members get any benefits?
Events Team members (and admins) are the only users allowed to edit certain event-related pages. Events Team members are also able to edit the Google calendar, Google documents, and join the invite-only IRC channel and Skype conversation.
Per this thread, Events Team members are automatically eligible for the captain rank in the RSW clan chat if they do not already have a higher rank. This allows them to kick guests (if they were not already a sergeant or lieutenant) and edit the clan battlefield in the citadel. However, Events Team members are not obligated to join the wiki's clan if they do not want to.
When a member leaves the team, they revert back to sergeant if they were a captain. Clan administrators retain their rank.
Who else is involved with the Events Team?
- Iiii I I I currently creates all of our banner images, which are listed here.
- Urbancowgurl777 previously created banners for events during her time on the team, which were hosted off-site (so no archive is available). Urbancowgurl still plays a role, however, in posting news on the @RSWiki Twitter account.
- Cook Me Plox has helped the team with several events, and has also helped with metrics for measuring attendance and increasing advertising. He was also instrumental in getting the Events Team started in the first place.
- Ryan PM coded the script that adds any type of news to the siderail. While not designed exclusively for the Events Team, it is utilised by them every week.
- Donors have given generously to help us finance events.
- Many other users have helped out at events as additional hiders, additional tanks, experienced players helping newer players with bosses, and so on. All of these are credited on the relevant event page - thanks a lot! And of course, all event attendees coming to show support and help us continue are extremely appreciated; we couldn't do it without you!