|Events team members|
The RuneScape Wiki Events Team is a small group of users who create regular events for the RuneScape Wiki community. All events are aimed at everyone who wants to come - you do not need to be an editor, have an account or be part of the clan chat to come to events. There is a Google calendar of upcoming events here.
The friend chat used for events organised by the Events Team will usually be one of the friends chats of the Events Team members - check each individual event page for full details.
If you have a suggestion for a future event, please click here to post your ideas. We will happily review your suggestions as soon as possible and try to incorporate them into a new event. If you have feedback or questions about an event, please post on the event's talk page. For general event feedback, please complete this short survey, or post here.
There are currently no upcoming events.
- 28 December - Megadog14 has left the Events Team.
- 30 June - Ephedra has joined the Events Team.
- 12 May - Corn Squigly and Wayfind3r have joined the Events Team.
- 19 April 2014 - Rwojy, Sly Fawkes, and Oil4 have left the Events Team. Requests for events team membership have been opened.
- 1 December - Oil4 has joined the Events Team.
- 14 September - The Events Team has 4 new members! Welcome Rwojy, Megadog1414, UwS Kamikazi and Sly Fawkes.
- 23 January - Lashazior has left the Events Team. Stygkitty and Durpnip have joined the Events Team. RfETs have been closed.
What are the rules of attending an event?
All rules are common sense.
- All standard clan chat rules apply while in the friends chat, and in public chat.
- In addition, being generally disruptive in the friends chat during an event, especially an event that relies on communication in the friends chat, may result in being removed from the event.
- Being rude or disruptive to other people in the area, who are not part of the event, can also lead to removal from the event. This includes being crashed at a boss event! Should this happen, ignore the crashers and the events team will organise a world hop.
- Abusing bugs or glitches to gain an advantage in an event, especially for events where the attendees are competing against each other (e.g. Hide and Seek, clan wars free for all, etc.) will not be tolerated and you may be removed from the event.
- Not being a part of the friends chat (or one of the friends chats should there be multiple) may mean you are not considered part of the event.
- Backseat moderating is not appreciated. Please let the events team or other moderators in the friends chat (i.e. ranked users) deal with any rule breaking. Let them know if you believe someone is breaking the rules, but do not take it into your own hands.
- Most importantly, have fun! Events are put on for the community to have a good time together, be that working together in a boss event or working against each other in a competitive event.
Each event may have specific rules, so make sure to check the individual event page for them.
How can I help?
- While the events team tries to keep self-sufficient, some events may require additional moderators, for reasons such as: events team members being unable to come (due to real life or time zone issues), moderators to mark waypoints, or users to provide extra food or potions to a tank in a high-level boss event.
- As a rule of thumb, existing ranks in the RSW clan chat can request a rank in the event FC. Be aware that this may take time due to the FC owner being busy, especially in combat-based events, or not being on at all. Some events may require the FC being completely muted to all but events team members (ranked as general in the FCs). This, however, will be a rare occurrence.
- Generally, just being nice, helpful and following the standard clan chat rules will minimise pressure on the events team, making the event run more smoothly and increasing the enjoyment of the event for everyone.
- The Events Team fund all events from their own pockets, but they do accept donations toward event rewards to help them out (be this in the form of coins or items). Contact any member of the Events Team if you wish to donate.
How do I add my own event?
This page is for events created solely by the Events Team. Events team members are happy to accept suggestions and may use them as (or as part of) an upcoming event, however they are under no obligation to do so. Click here to post suggestions.
Any representative of another fansite or community can feel free to contact any of the Events Team or start a Yew Grove thread to set up an event involving multiple communities.
How can I join the events team?
You can apply to be an ET member here.
When and how will new members be chosen?
New members will be chosen when the team requires new members (some member leaving, workload getting high, etc etc).
Once decided, interested users may nominate themselves at the RfET page here. To pass, the user must attain a consensus from the community that he or she is a qualified member of the Events Team. Furthermore, due to the nature of the team, the current/remaining members of the team will hold a veto over any member chosen by the community.
You can see the records of past RfETs listed at the top of this page.
Do Events Team members get any other benefits?
Events Team members (and admins) are the only users allowed to edit certain event-related pages. Events Team members are also able to edit the Google calendar, Google documents, and can join the invite-only IRC channel and Events Team Skype conversation.
Per a thread, Events Team members are automatically eligible for the captain rank in the RSW clan chat, if they do not already have a higher rank. This allows them to kick guests (if they were not already a sergeant or lieutenant), and to edit the clan battlefield in the citadel. However, Events Team members are not obligated to join the RSW clan, if they do not want to.
When a member leaves the team, they revert back to sergeant if they were a captain. Clan administrators retain their rank.
Currently, Iiii I I I creates all of our banner images. You can see all of the banners here. Previously, during her time on the team, Urbancowgurl777 created the banners for events, which were hosted off-site (so no list available). Urbancowgurl still plays a role, however, in posting news about upcoming events on the @RSWiki Twitter feed.
Cook Me Plox has helped the team with several events, and has also helped with metrics for measuring attendance and increasing advertising. He was also instrumental in getting the Events Team started in the first place.
Ryan PM coded the script that adds any type of news to the siderail. While not designed exclusively for the Events Team, it is utilised by them every week.
Many users have helped out at events as additional hiders, additional tanks, experienced players helping newer players with bosses, and so on. All of these are credited on the relevant event page - thanks a lot!
Donors have given generously to help us finance some events, so we thank all of those too.
And of course, all event attendees coming to show support and help us continue are extremely appreciated; we wouldn't do it without you!
Can I use the Events Team calendar myself?
Sure! As we use a standard Google calendar, this is compatible with many applications on many platforms.
The public address of the calendar is email@example.com. This forms the basis of the following:
- You can import this calendar into your own Google calendar by subscribing to it
- You can import this to your RSS feed reader of choice (or any application that reads from XML) by subscribing to
https://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/eba9444mv3u09kh86vgqulfbos%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic- notice the public address is part of the URL
- You can import this to your calendar application of choice (that supports the ical format) using
- You can view a web page version of the calendar by clicking this link
If you are unsure how to do this in your application, check the application support or Google's support pages on calendar. You can also leave us a message on our talk page and we will attempt to help you, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to.
Note: this is a read-only version of the Events Team calendar, so only Events Team members can add/remove/edit events