Making a wikia account is highly recommended. Having an account will make you more recognisable to others editors and you will be to create a profile and pages for your own use in your user space. Even if you do not edit the wiki, being logged into an account will allow you to customise your wiki browsing. If you experience performance issues when using the wiki then having an account will allow you to disable many of the adverts that can cause these problems.
You can create an account by clicking the sign in button, next to the search bar. Select Register and follow the instructions to make your account.
Once you have created and signed into your account you can change your preferences by clicking your account options (this replaces the sign in button) and selecting My Preferences.
- My Info > Appearance - change Ads settings to Don't show ads to reduce the amount of ads you see.
- My Info > Signature - set a custom signature.
- Email - can enter your email address and set when you receive emails about the wiki.
- Editing > Editing experience - can switch to Source editor for more in-depth editing.
All editors' accounts have an associated user page which can be found at User:<account name>. If you have created an account and made at least one edit to the wiki your user page will be created automatically. You can view your own user page by clicking View Profile on your account options. From here you can edit your user page:
- Avatar and About Me
Click on the Edit button which appears when you hover over either under your avatar/profile picture or at the top right of the About Me box to start customising these.
- Avatar - upload or choose from default profile pictures.
- About Me - Add information about yourself and add links to social media.
Press Save, I'm Done when you have finished making changes.
The profile is the customisable part of your user page. You can customise it using the Edit profile button at its top right. See the link above for detailed help about formatting your user page. You can use this space to describe yourself and your RuneScape characters or to help yourself with wiki editing, for example to make note of things you wish to do on the wiki. All information of this nature should be put on user pages rather than regular wiki articles, which are located in the main space.
You may create additional user pages as subsections of your main user page. To do this add the prefix User:<your account name>/<new page name> when creating a new page. For example User:AnAccount/Sandbox would create the user a blank sandbox page: sandboxes are used to work on new content before it is ready to be added to articles in the main space of the wiki.
- Want some more help?
- Ask for help with this topic on the article's talk page.
- Ask for general editing help at RuneScape:User help.
- Request help from an administrator at RuneScape:Administrative requests if you need help which requires an administrator's tools.
- Chat to other editors in our clan chat or Discord channel.