In the 303,465 Adventurer's Logs resulting from the Project, there were 14,471,769 log events, 208,087 unique. The project took the last 50 events from each of the public logs, starting with the highest-ranked players and working down to those with 500 total levels.
- Monster drop data has been moved to RuneScape:Data/Adventurer's Logs (18 September 2012)/Drops to lessen the loading time.
- God Wars Dungeon
- Nearly all of the data was compiled before the God Wars Dungeon rework, so we ignore the new items.
- For every original God Wars Dungeon boss, there seems to be a ratio of around 4:2:1 for Special items:Shards:Hilt, where "Special items" is Armadyl armour, Bandos armour, the Zamorakian spear or Saradomin sword. It's quite possible that a similar 10:1 ratio exists for the minions with special items and shards, but there is not enough data for anything specific. It would not be surprising if all the bosses had the same drop percentages as well as ratios.
- Nex's main drop items are fairly uniform, consistent with the theory that each item has a 1/300 drop rate.
- Visage calculations
- Based on the number of kills of mithril dragons (792,163), it's believed that they have a 1/10000 chance of dropping a draconic visage, and a 1/30000 chance of dropping the dragon full helm. This is in line with the previously reported frost dragon drop rate. The current hypothesis is that all regular dragons have a drop rate of 1/10000. About twice as many dragon full helms are awarded through pyre burning than dragon slaying (see below). Be aware, however, that drop rates gathered from the kill count and drop count may be inaccurate, as players can turn off reporting on one or the other. However, it's likely that if the estimates are inaccurate, the true numbers would be even lower.
- If steel dragons have a visage drop rate of 1/10000 (see above), then we estimate that ~2.8 million of them have been killed to make 279 of them be logged. This would imply that dragon platelegs and plateskirts both have a drop rate of approximately 1/500, as they are 20 times more common than visages. Through similar calculations, it's estimated that the iron dragon's drop rate for platelegs and plateskirts is half that, or 1/1000.
- Frost dragons are by far the largest source for draconic visages, accounting for about two-thirds of the overall supply. However (again assuming a 1/10000 drop rate), they only account for 1% of the expected value of the kill.
- Dragon claws appear to be about four times as common as any particular tormented demon piece.
- The Dagannoth Kings seem to drop dragon hatchets at the exact same rate they drop Fremennik rings. Dagannoth Rex has the highest count in all categories, but it's unclear whether the overall drop rate is reduced because he drops two different rings instead of one.
- Of all the listed boss monsters, General Graardor has dropped the highest amount of wealth, followed closely by Glacors, and then Nex and the Corporeal Beast. However, given that 2138 draconic visages were looted from frost dragons, we can infer that about 21 million frost dragons were killed in the period, putting their total output far in the lead at 238,861,000,000 coins.
Effigy-assisted drop rate estimates
- Through trial and error, we determined that the effigy drop rate had been lowered approximately 2.8 times. The original formula prior to the February reworking was estimated at , so the new formula should be something close to . This is by no means exact.
- Using this formula, we can approximate the number of kills of a monster during the logging period. For instance, there were 3,399 effigies dropped by abyssal demons. Solving gives 8,808,733 abyssal demon kills.
- Furthermore, given the number of drops and the number of kills, we can now estimate the drop rate of any Adventurer's Log item. There were 16188 abyssal whips dropped during the logging period, and gives 1/544, which, given all the estimation, is remarkably close to the stated drop rate of 1/512.
- The following table is presented, showing all drops included on the Adventurer's Logs, excluding shield left halves and dragon helms.
- More than usual, take this data with a grain of salt. Even in the best-case scenario, the drop rates may be off by 10% or more.
- There is a glaring inconsistency between the frost dragon's draconic visage drop rate estimated here and the one assumed in the previous section; this says 1/6928, but it's believed to be closer to 1/10000. The most plausible explanation is that the frost dragon bots are picking up effigies and banking them, but not using them (at least immediately). This decreases the future effigy drop rate, lowering the number of effigy drops reported, lowering the estimated kills, and raising the estimated drop rate. However, both skeletal wyverns and black dragons have an estimated draconic visage drop rate that tends towards 1/12500 instead of 1/10000. This is far too large of a discrepancy to be statistical noise, so it's quite possible that they have a lower drop rate than the other dragons. In addition, the King Black Dragon appears to have a 1/5000 visage drop rate.
- Slayer drops (abyssal whip, amulet of ranging, dark bow, focus sight, staff of light, hexcrest, whip vine from mutated jadinko males, perhaps granite legs and leaf-bladed swords) appear to be clustered around a 1/500 drop rate. Jagex has stated that abyssal whips and dark bows have a drop rate of 1/512, so it's reasonable to assume that these are the same.
- Nex armour appears to have about a 1/300 drop rate for each piece. Individual pieces show higher and lower rates, but this is due to the low sample size.
- If we are to believe that each God Wars Dungeon boss has the same hilt drop rate (and special item drop rate), this method looks to be over-reporting K'ril Tsutsaroth kills by 20 to 30%. The other three bosses are largely in line with each other. No explanation can be given at this time.
- The earlier drop rate estimates for metallic dragons are further supported by the new data.
- Glacor drop rates are approximately 1/1130 for each individual type.
- Dragon pickaxes are not significantly rarer from chaos dwarves than they are from the more commonly killed monsters. However, only 65 effigies were used for this calculation so it may be inaccurate.
- Regrettably, no effigies are dropped by the Corporeal Beast, Dagannoth Kings or God Wars Dungeon minions. Accordingly, no drop estimates can be made.
Drops from the Corporeal Beast
- 80 arcane sigils;
- 70 spectral sigils;
- 26 elysian sigils;
- 29 divine sigils;
- 4 shield left halves;
- 1721 spirit shields;
- 8734 mystic robe tops;
- 8566 mystic robe bottoms.
Due to how the events appear in the Adventurer's Log, it is unknown how many times the Corporeal Beast has been killed.
This information suggests that arcane and spectral sigils are between 2 times and 3 times more frequent than elysian and divine sigil drops when taken individually. The drop rate appears to be uniform between arcanes and spectrals, as well as between elysians and divines.
Boot drops from Glacors
Note: This is unfiltered data.
There have been 735,913 glacor kills logged. It is currently possible that a boot drop is associated with a kill event that fell off a player's Adventurer's Log. It is also possible that a kill is reported but not the drop, or that a drop is reported but not the kill, due to Adventurer's Log privacy settings.
This information suggests that the boot drops are uniform between all types of boots.
Treasure Trails rewards
- 99144 easy clues completed:
- 40068 medium clues completed;
- 190926 hard clues completed:
- 67 gilded platebodies;
- 63 gilded platelegs;
- 666 robin hood hats;
- 3 third-age amulets;
- 7 third-age coifs;
- 5 third-age full helmets;
- 4 third-age kiteshields;
- 4 third-age mage hats;
- 4 third-age platebodies;
- 5 third-age platelegs;
- 3 third-age range tops;
- 3 third-age range legs;
- 4 third-age robes;
- 6 third-age robe tops;
- 5 third-age vambraces.
- 18162 elite clues completed:
Treasure Trails are one of the areas where there is no confusion in the data, and no reason to believe the results are anything but completely accurate. The following appear to have the same drop rates:
- Wizard hat (g) (0.236%) and wizard robe top (g) (0.227%)
- Gilded platebody (0.035%) and gilded platelegs (0.033%)
- Ranger boots (0.379%) and robin hood hats (0.349%). This is special because they are on separate difficulties.
- Guthix bows (0.275%), saradomin bows (0.286%) and zamorak bows (0.248%)
- There is no reason to believe that any of the Third Age pieces have different drop rarities.
Other stray observations:
- Ten times as many hard clues were completed as elite clues. More than twice as many easy clues were completed as medium clues. Be aware that, as the data gathering project ended before all low-levelled logs were included, the clue distribution may not be perfect.
- Of the items included in the Adventurer's Logs, the medium clues have the highest expected value, at 25,478. This is due to the relatively high drop rate of ranger boots. Easy clues have an expected value of 11,915, hard clues 41,599, and elite clues 2,179 (taking the median-priced dragon mask, steel, as an average of the unnamed dragon masks). Keep in mind that this is only the items listed in the Adventurer's Logs, and it is not entirely accurate. Other expensive items like god pages, vestments and ornament kits are not included in the calculation.
- Not a single piece of third-age druidic equipment was listed in the Adventurer's Logs. It's unclear whether this was due to it being excluded from the log reporting, or because it's so rare that no-one received any.
I killed the player...
- 50,109 players killed a total of 66,851 times.
- Most-killed players:
- YoungHov - 32
- Melee Pooned - 29
- De Stranger - 24
- Lolkiller136 - 22
- novasunset73 - 22
- GivMeMoneyHo - 19
- Zap Spark - 18
- panda hippie - 17
- Element-Pr0d - 16
- kx_85_num28 - 15
Court Cases summons
|Barbarians vs Wizards||207||421|
|Drunken Dwarf vs The People||188||384|
|Ernest vs Professor Oddenstein||195||414|
|EVIL DAVE vs The People||239||434|
|Evil Twin vs Good Twin||226||402|
|H.A.M. vs Dorgeshuun||252||449|
|Miss Schism vs Draynor Village||175||424|
|Mugger vs Roger Murray||594||715|
|Party Pete vs His Neighbours||157||447|
|Rick Turpentine vs The (Rich) People||171||393|
|River troll vs The People||219||414|
|Sawmill Man vs The People||196||448|
|The Frog Prince vs The People||173||427|
|The Gravedigger vs The People||190||458|
|The Mime vs The People||173||460|
|The Sandwich Lady vs The People||211||452|
With the exception of the mugger case, all of the summons seem to be dropped at a relatively even rate. The mugger summons is given nearly three times as often, as it's the first one that everybody does.
Court Cases seem to be completed more often than they are summoned, which doesn't make much sense. We see a pretty uniform distribution around 420, with the exception of the mugger case again. It's only done about 70% more often than the others, even though it's summoned three times as often.
|Lesser Demon Champion||848||337|
|Aberrant Spectre Champion||1582||1010|
|Earth Warrior Champion||188||98|
It's easy to see that the Jogre, Imp and Earth Warrior scrolls are by far the rarest. That doesn't necessarily mean that they're dropped at a lower rate, but they're killed much less often. Zombie, Giant and Ghoul scrolls are the most common. It's possible that this is related to them being killed by bots regularly.
The number killed tells a different story. More than half of the Jogre, Imp and Earth Warrior scrolls were successfully redeemed, compared to around 10% of the most common scrolls.
|Avatar of Creation||4311|
|Avatar of Destruction||4419|
|Cave Wolf Matriarch||1591|
|King Black Dragon||135730|
|Wild jade vine||2|
There are numerous problems with this data, including that when a monster is killed by two players, the kill will show up on all of their logs. It's best not to take this table too seriously, although it can be used as an incredibly rough approximation for drop rates and monster popularity.
Queen Black Dragon
There were 17,655 recorded kills of the Queen Black Dragon. The following drops were also recorded:
- 189 draconic visages;
- 720 dragon helms;
- 92 dragon kiteshields;
- 170 dragonbone upgrade kits;
- 373 shield left halves.
Thankfully this data is fairly robust, given that the Queen Black Dragon can only be killed in single combat. Unfortunately this doesn't include royal crossbow pieces, but it does show the three other most sought-after drops. This would imply about a 1/100 drop rate for draconic visages (about 100 times more common than frost dragons), a 1/200 drop rate for dragon kiteshields, and a 1/100 drop rate for dragonbone upgrade kits.
Squeal of Fortune Prizes
* means that the prize was rewarded during the Wild Weekend in which tattoos and horns were moved to the "common" slot.
Notice that Lucky elysian spirit shields and Lucky divine spirit shields are about ten times rarer than the other Lucky items, which all seem to be fairly even at around 70 each. Getting one of those two spirit shields is one of the rarest non-trivial Adventurer's Log events.
During the increased tattoo and horns weekend, the Intricate Tattoo was not moved to the common slot, even though all of the other tattoos were.
|Ahrim's robe skirt||1415|
|Ahrim's robe top||1410|
|Akrisae's robe skirt||279|
|Akrisae's robe top||298|
|Akrisae's war mace||257|
Notice that there are still 98 draconic visages showing up in the log, even though they were only around for one week back in January. These visages had to be at least as common as any single Barrows item during that week, perhaps much more.
Also notice that Akrisae's robe pieces aren't looted nearly as often as the others, which are uniform. This likely shows that only 15% of Barrowers have completed Ritual of the Mahjarrat and therefore kill Akrisae the Doomed, and it shouldn't be taken as an indication that they're any rarer.
|Scroll of cleansing||2018|
|Scroll of efficiency||646|
|Scroll of life||1497|
It's a shame that the logs don't show the most common Dungeoneering rewards, chaotic weaponry and shields. No surprise that Rigour and the scroll of cleansing are the most common of those listed.
|Black ibis body||441|
|Black ibis mask||470|
|Black ibis boots||401|
|Black ibis legs||422|
|Sceptre of the gods||162|
For all the talk of the rarity of Black Ibis pieces, the Sceptre of the Gods looks to be 2 or 3 times rarer; however, black ibis is obtainable on all rooms of the pyramid, while sceptre of the gods is only obtainable in the final room, requiring 91 Thieving and 75 Runecrafting.
First time doing Dungeoneering floor
This table is in almost perpetual decline, with the exception of the first to second floor, which is perhaps tutorial-related. Floors 36 through 42 also do not see a decline, most likely due to players obtaining their first chaotics at that level.
|500 bosses (set 1)||1470|
|500 bosses (set 2)||1292|
|500 bosses (set 3)||1709|
|Floor 14 Endurance||2478|
|Floor 15 Climber||2661|
|After collecting shark's teeth from the Fishing Trawler, I crafted a shark's tooth necklace.||14|
|After completing the Deadliest Catch quest, I hunted and found the Thalassus all 10 times.||655|
|After exchanging 100 zeal at soul wars, I adopted a pet TzRek-Jad, who then ate my fire cape.||108|
|After incredible effort, I unlocked the final enchantment of Dahmaroc for my completionist cape.||19|
|As a result of my victories in the Duel Arena, my duellist's cap has improved.||10134|
|As a result of my victories in the Wilderness, my wildstalker helmet has improved.||11269|
|Challenged by the Gnome Champion.||40|
|Challenged by the Human Champion.||68|
|Each time I rebuilt the statue of Dahmaroc in Varrock Museum, the archaeologists granted me a replica piece. It was a lot of work, but today I completed my own statue at home.||380|
|Five thousand victories in the Duel Arena have improved my duellist's cap to its most impressive.||28|
|Five thousand victories in the Wilderness have improved my wildstalker helmet to its full potential.||6|
|For the first time after training all skills to level 99, I bought a max cape.||501|
|For the first time, I managed to be the one to capture the most enemy flags in a match of Castle Wars.||1041|
|For the first time, I managed to be the one to kill the most players in a match of Castle Wars.||1166|
|I brought a total of 25 additional chimp ices to king Awowogei in Ape Atoll.||67|
|I caught 1,000 gleaelg charm sprites.||30|
|I caught 1,000 slithtils charm sprites.||5|
|I caught 1,000 tranart charm sprites.||7|
|I caught 10,000 gleaelg charm sprites.||4|
|I caught 100 gleaelg charm sprites.||146|
|I caught 100 slithtils charm sprites.||29|
|I caught 100 tranart charm sprites.||49|
|I climbed the ranks in the Crucible and was named the Supreme Champion.||1073|
|I defeated many waves of TokHaar, before vanquishing the mighty Har'Aken and conquering the Fight Kiln.||9718|
|I helped Pauline enough on the Livid Farm to learn all the spells.||528|
|I helped Pauline enough on the Livid Farm to learn the first spell, Teleport to Falador.||1449|
|I managed to defeat the difficult version of the Sunfreet in the Dominion Tower.||299|
|I reached a total of 1,000 matches of Castle Wars played, unlocking the enthusiast cape.||44|
|I reached a total of 5,000 matches of Castle Wars played, unlocking the professional cape.||16|
|I reached a total of 500 matches of Castle Wars played, unlocking the hobbyist cape.||77|
|I unlocked the Golden Cannon ability at the Artisans Workshop in Falador.||448|
|I unlocked the Master Student ability at the Artisans Workshop in Falador.||309|
|I unlocked the Royale Cannon ability at the Artisans Workshop in Falador.||318|
|I visited Varrock Museum and took rightful ownership of my completionist cape.||214|
|Ran the Easter Bunny's factory and gained a squirrel friend.||1441|
|While laying barbarian spirits to rest, I was given a dragon full helm.||60|
|Whilst battling shades in Mort'ton, I looted a necromancer kit.||1013|
|Whilst battling shades in Mort'ton, I looted a shade skull.||477|
|Whilst playing The Great Orb Project, I won a master Runecrafter's hat.||39|
|Whilst playing The Great Orb Project, I won a master Runecrafter's robe.||67|
|Whilst playing The Great Orb Project, I won master Runecrafter's boots.||50|
|Whilst playing The Great Orb Project, I won master Runecrafter's legs.||60|
|Won a fight against the Gnome Champion.||42|
|Won a fight against the Human Champion.||51|
|Won a fight against the Leprechaun Champion.||2772|