RuneMetrics is an in-game and website based analytics tool that was released on 22 February 2016. It was announced it will be replacing the Adventurer's Log in the near future. This eventually happened on 11 May 2016. All players are able to access an experience tracker and drop log, as well as basic website functions, in addition to the old XP tracker.
There is also the option to subscribe to RuneMetrics Pro to gain full access to the tool's features. The subscription service has the ability to make calculations about a player's gameplay, as well as simply counting their experience and drop gains. RuneMetrics Pro is purchasable for £3.59 or 1 bond per month. Players who have bought the 2016 gold membership package had access to RuneMetrics Pro for two weeks and are able to buy access for £1.79 or 1 bond per 2 months. This discount offer will be available for gold premier club members for the entirety of 2016. Free-to-play players are also able to purchase RuneMetrics Pro. If a player's RuneMetrics Pro subscription runs out then their data is recorded for a further 2 weeks, after which no new data is saved. If the player does not subscribe within 3 months their data is no longer kept.
- Autopopulate the Metrics interface's skill experience tracker which tracks total experience, combat experience and skill experience in all 27 skills.
- Drop logger which can be toggled to show all items dropped or items that are picked up by the player. It counts drops that are processed by drop cleaners (e.g. a charming imp).
In addition to free features:
- Skill experience tracker displays XP/hour based on previous 5 minute window of experience gained.
- Skill experience tracker displays ETA for time to level. This works for player-set targets, including virtual level targets, or default to the next level if a target is not set.
- Combat experience tracker showing total damage, damage per minute, accuracy and XP/hour. This does not reset when changing monsters.
- Wealth tracking and GP gain/loss per hour calculation based on previous 5 minute window. This includes wealth gained/lost from completing clue scrolls and from Grand Exchange transactions, but it is not possible to view information about these sources individually.
- "Send to graph" option on right-click in Metrics tracker. This displays a graph of experience gains over time; the time interval that the graph uses can be adjusted by scrolling in and out.
- Links to view historical data on website. This data is not public.
The Welcome tab features a link to RuneMetrics web page and an overview of RuneMetrics Pro status. There is also a link to a web page to purchase RuneMetrics and a button to open Manage Bonds interface.
Through this interface players can reset their customisable Metrics interface layout into the default layout.
The following toggles can be found in this tab:
- Showing precise experience values in the customisable Metrics interface.
- Showing a health warning which shows a red tint around the player's screen when their character has less than 20% health remaining.
- Only updating XP/h in the customisable Metrics interface on XP gain. [Pro]
- Displaying the toolbar for the small RuneMetrics interface.
- Lightweight mode.
There are also selectable settings for the following:
- Choosing data interval for experience tracking (since reset, current session (resetting if the player has been logged out for two hours or more [Pro]) and stopwatch [Pro]).
- Removing rows after period of inactivity (never, 1 minutes, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, 4 minutes, 5 minutes, 6 minutes, 7 minutes, 8 minutes, 9 minutes or 10 minutes).
- Maximum skill rows displayed in the customisable Metrics interface (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 or maximum (29).
It also displays the subscription time remaining for players who have purchased RuneMetrics Pro.
The following toggles affecting the customisable Graphs interface can be found in this tab:
- Show average field
- Show average line over the graph
- Show min/max values
- Show guide lines
- Vary graph colour by skill
- Display toolbar
There is also a link to the XP gained part of the web version of RuneMetrics.
In this tab you can toggle the showing of stack value and select the drop log mode for the customisable Drops interface (drop or loot). Drops quantity do not exceed 2,147,483,647; any drops over this amount is cleared. Currently not all items are logged despite being dropped.
There is also a link to the PVM kills part of the web version of RuneMetrics.
The Adventurer's Log is a members-only feature of the RuneScape website. It contains many functions that a player might find useful, including recent activity, quests recently completed, skills recently trained, and even notable drops recently obtained.
To access the Adventurer's Log, go to the RuneScape main page, select the Community tab and click on Adventurer's Log. Any member player's log can be access by typing in the player's name if their privacy setting is 'Public'; if set to 'Friends Only', then the friend must log in. If set to 'Private', the player must be logged in to access their own log.