RuneLabs is a website feature that allows players to submit suggestions for game content, and to vote on the submissions. It involves five steps to get a player-made idea into the game: Submitting an idea, receiving support from players, a review from Jagex, a player vote, and finally the idea being developed into the game. Each month has a certain criteria for ideas that Jagex is looking for.
Step 1: Players add ideasEdit
In order to add an idea, players must be a member. A title, description, and category is needed to classify the idea. Categories include: combat, community, Distraction and Diversions/Minigames, Ninja updates, quests, seasonal events, skills, and miscellaneous updates.
A Forum QFC can optionally be added, to provide a link to a thread of a similar suggestion.
After making an idea, a preview is shown and a button to publish.
Step 2: Players support ideasEdit
Players can support ideas until a given date by press the 'Support' button on the ideas page. The number of supports is then shown on the left. Ideas can be added to a personal wish list to easily find them later.
Ideas can also be reported to Jagex if it contains a serious issue.
Step 3: Jagex reviews ideasEdit
Jagex then reviews the ideas that are suitable to be implemented into the game, and ones that are not get rejected. The rejected ideas are still currently shown on the Ideas list as normal ideas, without any icon to tell the difference, only by looking at the actual page can you tell if it has been rejected.
Step 4: The best ideas are voted for in Player PowerEdit
The top ideas then pass into the 'Player Power' stage, where they are voted for to decide the idea that will be implemented.
Step 5: The top idea is put under developmentEdit
The top idea is then put into development, and should be seen in the game later that year.
|January||Medium||Adamant and rune dragons||Dragonforcae|
|Farming timer[notes 1]||Hey Bola|
|February||Small||Instant Lodestone Network teleports||f d c|
|March||Large||Seren quest and Seren prayers/spellbook||Gaga Lady|
|April||Skilling (medium)||Prifddinas Waterfall Fishing||Ferenc2017|
|May||Hallowe'en (small)||Icthlarin vs. Amascut event||Cinder Quill|
|June||High-level mobs||Wyverns||Anarchy Time|
|Camel Warriors||Syrus Coy|
|July||Medium-sized quest||Beneath Cursed Tides||Guitar Girl|
|December||Game world expansion||The Arc region of the Eastern Lands||Avernic|
- ^ The farming timer came in third, but was still accepted due to the small difference in votes with the second idea (Slayer belt) and the fact that its scope was considered small.
|January||Eastern Lands activities||Slayer/combat area||Monkeymaner|
|February||Eastern Lands brainstorm||N/A[notes 1]|
|May||Ideas for 2017||N/A[notes 2]|
- ^ No final poll: "The team will only be picking ideas out that they feel will fit with what they are doing and what is doable in the time available."
- ^ No final poll: "Instead, we will handpick the ideas that stand out as truly game-changing. Then, those ideas will be added to the RuneScape 2017 Survey, planned for release at the end of May!"
- ^ Mod Robbie. RuneLabs Closing – 28th May. RuneScape updates. 18 May 2016.*
- ^ Dragonforcae. Adamant and Runite dragons. RuneLabs. 29 January 2015.*
- ^ Dragonsseed. Slayer belt. RuneLabs. 29 January 2015.*
- ^ Hey Bola. Farming Timer. RuneLabs. 29 January 2015.*
- ^ f d c. Instant Lodestone teleports by adding rune sink. RuneLabs. 14 February 2015.*
- ^ Gaga Lady. Seren Quest - Seren Prayers/Spellbook & Soul Altar. RuneLabs. 10 March 2015.*
- ^ Ferenc2017. Elf city waterfall fishing!. RuneLabs. 10 March 2015.*
- ^ Cinder Quill. Icthlarin vs Amascut - Mini World Event. RuneLabs. 27 April 2015.*
- ^ Anarchy Time. Living Wyverns. RuneLabs. 27 July 2015.*
- ^ Omnis. Ripper Demons. RuneLabs. 27 July 2015.*
- ^ Syrus Coy. Level 142 Camel Monster. RuneLabs. 27 July 2015.*
- ^ Adelunth. Acheron Mammoths. RuneLabs. 27 July 2015.*
- ^ Guitar Girl. What happened to Tutorial Island?. RuneLabs. 27 July 2015.*
- ^ iZaz. Blood Dye (Treasure Trails). RuneLabs. 26 August 2015.*
- ^ Avernic. Eastern Lands. RuneLabs. 17 December 2015.*
- ^ Monkeymaner. Temple of the Sky (mid - high level slayer area). RuneLabs. 22 January 2016.*