Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release||21 March 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Examine||Perhaps not the most powerful weapon in RuneScape.|
Rubber chickens were Holiday Rewards available on the 21 March 2005 for only two weeks. During this time, Jagex placed an Easter bunny just south of Falador as an NPC. Players could talk to the bunny and ask for a task. When asked, he would give players a basket containing some chocolate eggs to deliver to other players. When a player delivered all the eggs, they were rewarded with the Rubber chicken. If lost, players may get a replacement from Diango located in the Draynor Village market. The Rubber chicken can also be put in the toy box in the Costume Room of a Player-owned house.
The Rubber chicken can be equipped and has the same bonuses as a bronze mace, except with slightly lower accuracy and without a prayer bonus. When wielded, players will have the option to "Whack" other players. Whacking a player does not deal any damage, nor does it count as entering combat. If a player whacks a large number of players, they may "fumble" the chicken, dropping it to the ground where it must be picked up again and re-equipped.
Players can right click the chicken, either in their Inventory or on the Worn Equipment screen, and select the "Dance" option, making them do the chicken dance emote, which includes a short song. The dance and song could also be accessed by eating one of the event's Easter eggs, however once the event was concluded, this method no longer worked. Players who distract the eyes in the Abyss will sometimes perform the Chicken Dance emote, even if they do not have a Rubber chicken.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 2.4 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- The whack animation was changed on 17 January 2011. Previously, it used the same animation as swinging a battleaxe.
- Originally, Jagex Moderators could not be whacked with chickens.
- There used to be a bug that allowed the player to drop their Rubber Chicken, ask for a new one, and telegrab the original.
- This is the only emote that can be interrupted, along with the Angry emote while wearing a Powdered wig.
- The "whack" animation is identical to the Dragon scimitar's Special attack before the Evolution of Combat.
- An update in 2015 changed the whack selection from a right click option to a left click option (replacing "walk here" as the default left click command when your mouse is hoving over another player, while the rubber chicken is equipped).