|Release date||22 May 2012 (Update)|
|High Alch||300 coins|
|Low Alch||200 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||167 coins (info)|
|Examine||Adorned with a frightening red symbol.|
The Royal cape is a thick, dark cape with the motif of a dragon's head on it. It is dropped by any of the three stages of Grotworm which can be killed without completing the quest Song From the Depths. All grotworms have the same drop rate for the cape, making it best to kill young grotworms to receive the cape.
A player wearing a royal cape
|[view] • [talk]|
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Young grotworm 10 1 Uncommon Grotworm 91 1 Uncommon Mature grotworm 167 1 Uncommon
- On the day of release, it sold for between 40,000 - 1,000,000 coins, although the Grand Exchange price was initially set at 2,000 coins.
- The name Royal is possibly referring to the royalty of the Queen Black Dragon, and is most likely celebrating the introduction of the Queen Black Dragon to the game.
- This cape does not have any connection with the Royal set.
- The head is red in the inventory icon and when wearing it, but turns orange when the cape is dropped.
- The cape itself is black in the inventory, but it is actually very dark purple.
|Capes of Accomplishment(m)||
Agility • Attack • Constitution • Construction • Cooking • Crafting • Defence • Dungeoneering (Master) • Farming • Firemaking • Fishing • Fletching • Herblore • Hunter • Magic • Mining • Prayer • Ranging • Runecrafting • Slayer • Smithing • Strength • Summoning • Thieving • Woodcutting • Quest point
|Capes of Distinction(m)|
Ardougne cloak(1)(2)(3)(4) • Fremennik cloak • Ghostly cloak • H.a.m. cloak • Warlock cloak • Witch cloak • Web cloak • Mourner cloak • Saradomin cloak • Zamorak cloak • Guthix cloak • Armadyl cloak • Bandos cloak • Ancient cloak • Clan cloak • Hati cloak • Hallowed cloak • Unhallowed cloak
|Non-combat, quest- and minigame-related capes|