|Release date||7 February 2005 (Update)|
|Quest series|| Plague |
|Start point||Talk to Islwyn inside the elven woods.|
|Items required||Items from the toolbelt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added. |
|Enemies to defeat||Moss Giant (level 88) Without weapons, runes, summoning creatures, armour and prayer. (dismantled Godsword or a dismantled skull sceptre can be brought)|
Items to bring:
- 3200 gp (A ring of charos(a) and completion of Cabin Fever will cut the price and stack to a minimum of 800 gp)
- A summer pie (+5) or agility potion (+2 or +3) if you aren't 56 agility
- Ardougne teleport (lodestone works)
Either: 1) Take the Tiranwwn Lodestone or 2) hire a charter ship for quick access to Tyras Camp. Go north through the camp, and make your way through the dense forest (56 agility is not needed this time). Go east, then south, and you will see another dense forest. Just after it are two tripwires, followed by the last dense forest to the south-east. To make sure you are in the right area, look for the tracks in the dirt from Regicide.
Head north, pass the stick trap and continue north until you see a bridge. Do not cross the bridge. Go east from the bridge and you will see another stick trap that you will need to cross. There will be a blue quest symbol on the map.
The Roving ElvesEdit
Once inside the clearing, search the fire remains. Doing so will tell you that travellers are nearby and that you should look for them. To find them, make your way back to the clearing with the catapult in it near Tyras Camp. To the south-east of the clearing is a pathway through the trees with a stick trap obstacle. Pass the trap to enter a clearing with a small pond where you will find two elves. If the two elves are not there when you arrive, wait a few minutes for them to appear (or hop worlds).
Speak to Islwyn first. He will tell you he is not fond of humans because they opened the tomb of his grandmother, Glarial. Tell him it was you who opened it and offer to help him put his grandmother's soul to rest once more. Speak to Eluned who will tell you that the tomb of Glarial will need to be consecrated.
The TombEditItems to bring:
- Glarial's amulet
- Glarial's pebble
- Super sets (recommended)
- Do not bring any armour, weapons, summoning pouches, or runes
(Dreadnips DO work)
Note: If you don't have Glarial's Amulet, you can get one by searching the chest at the west end of her tomb. If you don't have the pebble, you will need to speak with Golrie, who is in the dungeon next to Elkoy in Tree Gnome Village.Make your way to Ardougne to bank all your weapons, armour, summoning pouches and runes. You'll need to bring Glarial's amulet and Glarial's pebble for this part of the quest. Food and super sets are also recommended as you have to fight a level 88 Moss giant without any armour, weapons, runes or prayer.
Run north from Ardougne to Glarial's Tomb which is north-west of the Fishing Guild. You can teleport to the Fishing Guild if you have a skills necklace. Use Glarial's pebble with the tomb. If you do not have any items in your inventory that are forbidden, the tomb will open. Once inside the tomb, you will need to find and defeat one of the level 88 Moss giants. Prayer does not work here.
Several abilities such as anticipation, backhand, kick, and escape DO work. Players are advised to use them to save a lot of time. Using Momentum and attacking with auto attacks is also a good strategy. Amulets are allowed. If you have brought a dismantled godsword or a dismantled skull sceptre, it can be assembled once inside the dungeon. It is highly recommended that if you have completed the quest Lost City, bring a knife (toolbelt works fine) and a dramen branch to construct a dramen staff inside the dungeon. Using the wicked hood from the Runespan allows you to get runes once you're inside the tomb (just activate the hood and make Air runes; 100 are more than plenty). Doing this along with a dramen staff allows you to kill the Moss giant very easily. Players could also kill zombies inside the dungeon until one drops a charge bow.
Once you kill a Moss Giant, take the Consecration seed it will drop. Grab the seed quickly as the Moss Giant will respawn relatively quickly and may attack you (if you are low combat level).
Note: There is a slight chance to receive the seed from killing a moss giant that isn't near Glarial's gravestone. The one in front of you when you go into the cave may work.
Bringing the seed back to lifeEdit
Items to bring:
- 6400 gp or enough coins for chartering 2 ships (Ring of Charos (a) reduces this to 3200 gp), unless you have activated the Tirannwn lodestone.
- a Games necklace (recommended)
- Regen bracelet to recover from the aggressive monsters
- a rope (not necessary if you've built a rope rack)
- a spade (toolbelt works)
- A key (Waterfall Dungeon) (obtainable)
- Glarial's amulet
- Consecration seed
- a Summer pie or an Agility potion if you don't have an Agility level of 56 and want to speak to Eluned to obtain the Teleport crystal after completing the quest (recommended)
Bank if need be and grab the above items. Take the charter ship to Port Tyras or teleport via lodestone. Make your way back to the clearing outside Tyras Camp and speak with Eluned. She will enchant the seed. Head to the Baxtorian falls waterfall behind Almera's house (using the Games necklace, teleport to the Barbarian Outpost and run south).
If you don't remember how to get inside the tomb from the Waterfall quest, follow these steps:
- Go through the house to the backyard. You will see a raft.
- Board the raft to get down the river. You will crash halfway.
- Do not use the "swim" option. Instead, use your rope on the rock to get to the next island. (You may have to face south to see the rock)
- Do not climb, but rather, use your rope on the dead tree there to get down to the entrance.
- Enter the dungeon
Planting the seedEdit
- If you have dropped your "A key" then go to the crates located the furthest to the north, on the eastern path. Search them to find another key. Now go back to the main room.
- Go west. Run past the fire giants to a locked door. Use your key on it to get through.
- Use the key on the next door to the north.
- Left-click the seed ("Plant"), you can do this anywhere in the room. (An animation will show a silver tree growing and then shattering)
- Time to report back to Islwyn and Eluned. Teleport to Port Sarim and charter a ship back to Port Tyras or you can use the Tirannwn lodestone teleport.
- If you had "A key" in your inventory previously, the same key MAY NOT work on the first locked door, due to a rare glitch.
Congratulations! Quest Complete!
- 1 Quest point.
- 10,000 Experience.
- A used crystal bow or crystal shield (your choice, it will be 2/10 charged).
- 2 extra spins on the Squeal of Fortune
Required for completingEdit
Completion of Roving Elves is required for the following:
- If you begin talking to Islwyn or Eluned and they teleport while you are in conversation, as long as you do not leave the conversation (move, open a skill interface etc.) you can finish the conversation.
- When you enter Baxtorian's tomb and you're outside the tomb, you see the floating cup but the rings that came up to make stairs appear to be flat like they were before you put it there. When you enter the room it goes back to popped up into the stairs.
- At one point, if you had an item considered as a weapon in your toolbelt, you would not be able to continue. This glitch has since been fixed.
- When choosing your crystal bow or shield, the option for the shield is "Give me a shield, I'm tired of hiding behind mushrooms". This may be a reference to The Lost City quest where many people use mushrooms as safespots to kill the dramen spirit.
- Upon finishing the quest and receiving your chosen piece of equipment there is an error in Islwyn's speech dialogue stating that the equipment will lose effectiveness with each shot or hit taken, but this is now false due to the evolution of combat update.
- When you finish the quest there is a grammatical error where the quest complete screen says "You are awarded 1 Quest Points" when it should say "You are awarded 1 Quest Point". This has since been fixed.
Waterfall Quest • Roving Elves