This article is about NPC encountered during a quest. For other uses of Rogue, see Rogue.
|Release date||15 December 2008 (Update)|
|Location||Before rescuing him, he is in the Rogues' Castle. After rescuing him, he is in a small building south-east of the Ranging store in Varrock.|
|Sells items?||No, but you can sell him un-enchanted golden jewellery.|
|Examine|| A dishonest and knavish person.|
|Notable features||Buys unenchanted golden jewellery from you.|
The Rogue is a non-player character that players first encounter by completing the quest Summer's End. To find him, players must enter the Spirit Realm using Jennica's ring via the portal located in the Rogue's Castle courtyard and close the prison doors there; this will open them in the "real" world, allowing the players to talk to him.
After a brief dialogue, the rogue will sneak back to Varrock, where players can use un-enchanted jewellery on him in order to sell to him.
Theft and escapeEdit
The rogue was once a part of the group of rogues in Rogue's Castle. However, the other rogues discovered the gold that they had stolen was missing. This rogue argued that he did not steal it; however, the others didn't believe him and locked him in a jail cell. Fortunately for the rogue, an adventurer (the player) decided to break him out. However, the jail cell doors were locked and there was no way to unlock them. The only way to unlock them is to close them in the Spirit Realm- the exact opposite happens in the real world. After unlocking the doors, the rogue thanks the player for helping him break out and escapes to Varrock.
- All items are bought at the low-alch prices. He will accept any jewellery, both in noted and unnoted form, for the same prices.
- He will not take onyx rings, onyx bracelets, onyx amulets, or onyx necklaces. He will, however, accept jewellery made out of dragonstone, diamond, ruby, emerald, and sapphire, and regular Gold jewellery
- Note that the Rogue can purchase items in noted form, but only up to 10,000 at a time. Any more than 10,000 will result in the Rogue saying that big numbers make his head hurt.
Gemstone Low alch GE price Rings Gold 140 168 Sapphire 360 474 Emerald 510 844 Ruby 810 1,092 Diamond 1,410 1,955 Dragonstone 7,050 10,907 Necklaces Gold 180 177 Sapphire 420 640 Emerald 570 733 Ruby 870 1,182 Diamond 1,500 2,106 Dragonstone 7,350 10,989 Bracelets Gold 220 216 Sapphire 425 574 Emerald 610 800 Ruby 930 1,253 Diamond 1,410 2,147 Dragonstone 7,650 11,186 Amulets (strung only) Gold amulet 140 139 Sapphire 360 431 Emerald 510 692 Ruby 810 1,135 Diamond 1,530 1,986 Dragonstone 7,050 10,707
- Although you must be a member to unlock this NPC, he can still be found in free-to-play worlds if your membership runs out. He will also still buy your jewellery even if you are a non-member.
- He used to buy gold jewellery for GE minimum, but with the system update that released Dungeoneering on April 12th, 2010, this was changed to low alchemy price.
- If the player is carrying 100 million (or more) coins and attempts to sell jewellery to the rogue, he will say "You've got enough money as it is. It usually doesn't bother me, but now you're being absurd."