|Release date||5 May 2004 (Update)|
|High Alch||270 coins|
|Low Alch||180 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||2,657,292 coins (info)|
|Examine||Endorsed by Robin Hood.|
The Robin hood hat requires level 40 Ranged to wear and can be obtained by completing level 3 Treasure Trails, or from other players. The Robin Hood hat also gives the third highest ranged Attack bonus for the helm slot among non-degradable armour. It is surpassed only by the 3rd age range coif and an Armadyl helmet. Morrigan's coif and the Pernix cowl have better stats as well, however both degrade.
Arguably this is "the best hat for pures" as it has no defence or quest requirements, which is very uncommon, especially for a hat with generous bonuses like this. Now with the new method of items dropped at death, based upon the Grand Exchange price, you can bring this item into dangerous environments.
For 1000 Loyalty points, players can buy the option to change the colour of robin hood hats. The colours are red, blue, yellow, and white. This cannot be refunded, but once bought, players can change the colours of their hat as many times as they like. A coloured Robin hood hat is not tradeable, but a player can use their hat on Xuan to change it back to green, and thus making it tradeable again.
One hat of each colour can be stored separately in a Mahogany treasure chest.
A player wearing a robin hood hat
|[view] • [talk]|
- A non-player character, Robin, wears this hat. The hat is based on the English folklore hero Robin Hood.
- When the Item Lending feature was first released, there existed a glitch in which players could lend out the hat under "Until logout", wait until the player equipped the Robin Hood Hat, and then logout. This would result in the victim becoming bald.
- Some Circus Barkers wear the robin hood hat.
- With the Loyalty Programme update of 28 June 2011, the street price skyrocketed because of the multiple colours made available, with some players selling robins as high as 50 Million GP upon hearing of the update. Approximately 24 hours later they were still being sold for between 8 Million and 15 Million GP, but about a week later prices slowly returned to normal .
- When the player hovers over the robin hood hat option in the loyalty points shop, the message "Robin Hoods' amazing technicolored dream hat!" appears. This is a reference to the musical "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat."
Leather cowl • Focus sight • Coif • Carapace • Snakeskin • Green d'hide • Archer helm • Ranger hat • Robin hood hat • Sacred clay coif • Spined helm • Blue d'hide • Red d'hide • Black d'hide • Royal d'hide • Blessed d'hide • Third-age • Karil's • Armadyl helmet • Morrigan's (corrupt) • Pernix cowl • Death lotus hood (sup)