|Release date||29 June 2004 (Update)|
|Quest NPC?||Creature of Fenkenstrain|
|Location||Hair of the Dog tavern|
|Examine|| Seems a jolly chap.|
Roavar is a werewolf who owns the Hair of the Dog tavern in Canifis, the Village's tavern and community centre. In the bar they sell Moonlight Mead and Pickled brain (a pickled brain from his bar is needed during the Creature of Fenkenstrain quest).
If you talk with him, you will have the option to either buy a drink, hear a story, or hear some gossip about various things. You can ask him about Canifis, about Morytania, about some of the Shopkeepers, or about Paterdomus. From this you can discover many things, such as the average age of werewolves (Roavar is over 400 and he is not considered an "old" werewolf), and that werewolves like serving Lord Drakan, unlike much of the populace. If you right-click him, then select Trade, he takes 5 coins from you and gives you moonlight mead, an alcoholic beverage.
- His name is pronounced "Rover", which is a popular dog name. This seems to be a common theme in Canifis, with a lot of dog references.
- Roavar can be quickly accessed by using the Fairy ring code CKS, or the Kharyrll teleport in the Ancient Magicks spellbook, or through a POH portal chamber Kharyrll portal.
- When he was attackable, he would yell out "Stop the roughhousing!" before transforming in to a werewolf.
- Players on a level 2 treasure trail may receive the clue "Speak to Roavar".
- If you ask to hear the story, you hear a story similar to the Little Red Riding Hood, but from the wolf's perspective. -- When he tells the story the man who kills the wolf was said to have a large axe and there are other houses by the barrows.
- Unlike most other werewolves in Canifis, he seems to be unaware the player is a human, even if they are not wearing the Ring of charos.
- This is one of the few werewolf NPC's in Canifis who you cannot attack.
- He always seems to be friendly to you, even when not wearing a Ring of Charos.
- He was originally going to be injured during The Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest, but this was later changed. He had been shown in concept art to be injured, but his name was misread as Roayar.