Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release date||2 February 2004 (Update)|
|Combat level|| 0 |
"AllCombatlevel::" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 0.
|XP per kill||3.4 (and 1.1 experience)|
|Examine text||Likes fish... hates people.|
|Assigned by||Turael or Spria, Chaeldar, Sumona|
River trolls have a low maximum hit, but 1700 life points. They provide no combat experience at all, making them an unwise choice for any kind of training.
- "Fishies be mine! Leave Dem fishies!"
- (After Swan Song): "You killed da Sea Troll Queen - you die now!"
|Long bone||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Curved bone||1||Rare||Not sold|
As a random eventEdit
Before the update on 25 February 2009, river trolls were a random event that occurred while a player was fishing. These NPC monsters would appear and attack players when the player initially made an attempt to fish. They would say " Fishes be mine!" before attacking the player. The river troll's combat level used to vary depending on that of the player's, up to a maximum of level 159. Like most other random events at the time, the river troll could be fled from, as it only had a Melee attack.
|Fishing potion (3)(m)||1||Unknown||270|
|Tooth half of a key(m)||1||Unknown||23,914|
|Loop half of a key(m)||1||Unknown||17,504|
|Spinach roll||1||Common||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
- Despite their name "river troll", they would appear even if the player was fishing in the sea.
- This statement explains the possible origins of the River troll, as taken from Postbag from the Hedge; "Dem fishes be mostly in de river. Den big trollnado come. Me and Dem missus in Dem whirlpool, get into Dem sea. Me’s get in Dem big trouble. Me hear Dem trolley get us back to Trollheim. Me’s try eating that clown fish, but it taste funny to me. If you’s helping Dem trolls get home, me gives big trollipop! Maybe."
- Like all trolls, it received a graphical update during March 2011.
- Monster Examine cannot be cast on River trolls.
|Bee keeper • Cap'n Arnav's Chest • Certer • Drill Demon • Evil Bob • Evil Twin • Freaky Forester • Kiss the frog • Gravedigger • Lost and Found • Maze • Mime • Pillory • Pinball • Prison Pete • Quiz Master • Sandwich lady • Surprise Exam • Big fish • Candlelight • Dr. Ford • Drunken Dwarf • Ent • Evil Chicken • Exploding rock • Jekyll and Hyde • Lost Pirate • Poison Gas • Rick Turpentine • River troll • Rock Golem • Security Guard • Shade • Strange plant • Swarm • Tangle Vine • Tree spirit • Watchman • Whirlpool • Zombie|