|Release date||2 February 2004 (Update)|
|XP per kill||3.4 (and 1.1 experience)|
|Slayer XP||Unknown edit|
|Assigned by||Turael or Spria, Chaeldar, Sumona|
|Always drops||Big bones|
|Examine text||Likes fish... hates people.|
River trolls have a low maximum hit, but 1700 life points. They provide negligible combat and slayer experience, both consistent with only 42 life points, making them an unwise choice for any kind of training.
- "Fishies be mine! Leave dem fishies!"
- (After Swan Song): "You killed da Sea Troll Queen - you die now!"
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 93 Long bone 1 Rare Not sold Curved bone 1 Rare Not sold
As a random eventEdit
Before the update on 25 February 2009, River trolls were a random event that occurred while a player was fishing. These NPC monsters would appear and attack players when the player initially made an attempt to fish. They would say " Fishes be mine!" before attacking the player. The river troll's combat level used to vary depending on that of the player's, up to a maximum of level 159. Like most other random events at the time, the River troll could be fled from, as it only had a Melee attack.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 93 Fishing potion (3) (m) 1 55 Fishing bait 1–50 8–400 Feather 15 Tooth half of a key (m) 1 12,275 Loop half of a key (m) 1 7,954 Oyster (m) 1 56 Casket (m) 1 Common 12,586 Spinach roll 1 Common Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Raw tuna 75 Raw salmon 51 Raw trout 26 Raw herring (m) 35 Raw pike 49 Raw sardine 23 Raw shrimps 11 Raw anchovies 11 Raw swordfish 291 Raw shark (m) 982
- Despite their name "River troll", they would appear even if the player was fishing in the sea.
- This statement explains the possible origins of the River troll, as taken from Postbag from the Hedge; "Dem fishes be mostly in de river. Den big trollnado come. Me and dem missus in dem whirlpool, get into dem sea. Me’s get in dem big trollble. Me hear dem trolley get us back to Trollheim. Me’s try eatin dat clownfish, but it taste funny to me. If you’s helping dem trolls get home, me gives big trollipop! Maybe."
- Like all trolls, it received a graphical update during March 2011.
Bee keeper • Cap'n Arnav's Chest • Certer • Drill Demon • Evil Bob • Evil Twin • Freaky Forester • Kiss the frog • Gravedigger • Lost and Found • Maze • Mime • Pillory • Pinball • Prison Pete • Quiz Master • Sandwich lady • Surprise Exam • Big fish • Candlelight • Dr. Ford • Drunken Dwarf • Ent • Evil Chicken • Exploding rock • Jekyll and Hyde • Lost Pirate • Poison Gas • Rick Turpentine • River troll • Rock Golem • Security Guard • Shade • Strange plant • Swarm • Tangle Vine • Tree spirit • Watchman • Whirlpool • Zombie