|Release||9 November 2015 (Update)|
|Skilled demonic slasher.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|129 / 86 / 43|
3 ticks (1.8s)
Ripper Demons are Slayer monsters that can be found in a cave under the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede. They require level 96 Slayer to be killed. They are Chthonian demons and are affected by Silverlight and Darklight, as well as the Demon Slayer perk. When killing Ripper Demons, an elite version called Slasher Demon may spawn.
According to the miner journals and the diary of Jebediah Omnis, a prospector named Jebediah Omnis hired a group of miners to excavate a new mine underneath the Abbey. The miners reluctantly agreed, finding no ore in the process. One night, when they tried to leave the mine, they found that the entrance had mysteriously disappeared. Jebediah reanimated the mangled corpse of The Ripper, allowing it to search for new hosts. Over the course of the several days that they spent trapped in the mine, the remains of the previous Ripper started to latch onto the excavation party, painfully warping their bodies and turning them into ripper demons themselves. Jebediah Omnis turned out to be a vengeful Zarosian zealot who wanted to please his lord in reviving the legend of The Ripper.
Ripper Demons can be found in an abandoned mine under the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede. To access the mine, climb down the steps near to the Abbey, east of Al Kharid's east gate. Even though the area can be entered through the Kharidian Desert, the steps on the path to the Abbey are faster.
When killing Ripper Demons, it is highly advised to use Protect from Melee/Deflect Melee along with Devotion and the Devoted/Enhanced Devoted perks (if available) in order to mitigate as much damage as possible. The demon attacks very hard (a max hit of around 1,700), are very accurate, and in a manner similar to Nail beasts, are capable of hitting up to 3 times per attack (Ripper demons can hit anywhere from 1-3 times per attack).
While Ripper Demons move around normally, upon being attacked, they stay static, only moving if the player is under them. If the demon cannot reach the player, they will immediately teleport to them and use Slaughter.
As the mine they are in is very cramped, area-of-effect abilities like Bombardment or Flurry are highly discouraged as they can hit multiple demons, especially in the main chamber where there are plenty of demons. A smaller chamber is next to the main chamber, which only contains three demons.
During the battle, when the Ripper Demon attacks the player, they will gain adrenaline (this is unaffected by Siphon and Natural Instinct). The amount of adrenaline they gain varies depending on how many hits they deal per attack; one hit fills up the bar rather slowly, while three hits per attack can fill it at an alarming rate. Once this bar fills, the demon has the ability to perform a special attack at any time; they may use it immediately, or wait for a long time before using it.
When the Ripper Demon performs the special attack, it will leap up into the air and disappear. Shortly afterwards, a shadow appears to the west of your location; this is where the Ripper Demon will appear. Players should note that if the demon cannot appear west of the player's location, the shadow may appear on top of them instead. If the player is next to or directly under the shadow, the demon will deal 32,000 damage, essentially killing the player in one hit. Resonance, Reflect and Debilitate have no effect on this damage, though it is possible to reduce it to safe amounts via the Lucky perk or the Saradomin/Zamorak warpriest set effects, though relying on them is highly discouraged. Immortality and Barricade will also work against this attack. Players should be aware that while Immortality heals 40% of your max health, it is dangerously close to 35% threshold. After avoiding the attack, the demon will not attack the player for a few seconds; use this time to quickly run back into melee distance before the demon attempts to use Slaughter on you. The Barge ability is useful for this purpose when using melee. Their adrenaline bar will also disappear for a while after using their special attack. There are some indications that they will only use their special attack once while in combat with a player similar to the Kal'gerion demon.
At all times, players should keep their health at 50% or higher. If their current health falls below 35% of their maximum amount, nearby demons will turn aggressive on the player and will most likely hit them with Slaughter. It is highly advised to teleport out if multiple demons attack you at once.
When the demon reaches 0 life points, it will perform a last-ditch struggle attack. The demon will spin uncontrollably on the spot, dealing 950 damage per tick to nearby players before dying. This damage can be reduced/blocked, though it is best to stay away until the demon drops onto the floor.
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 2,514 kills.|
4 charms are dropped at a time.
|Rune claw[note 1]||1||Common||7,088|
|Off-hand rune claw[note 1]||1||Common||4,198|
|Grimy irit||3 (noted)||Common||9,240|
|Grimy avantoe||3 (noted)||Common||4,662|
|Grimy kwuarm||3 (noted)||Common||14,955|
|Grimy dwarf weed||3 (noted)||Common||6,408|
|Wine of Zamorak||2–6 (noted)||Common||18,708–56,124|
|Weapon poison++ (3)||1||Uncommon||17,950|
|Raptor key part 2||1||Rare[note 1]||Not sold|
|Miner's journal 1||1||Rare[note 2]||Not sold|
|Miner's journal 2||1||Rare[note 2]||Not sold|
|Miner's journal 3||1||Rare[note 2]||Not sold|
|Miner's journal 4||1||Rare[note 2]||Not sold|
|Miner's journal 5||1||Rare[note 2]||Not sold|
|The diary of Jebediah Omnis||1||Rare[note 2]||Not sold|
|Ripper claw||1||Very rare[note 3]||1,345,514|
|Off-hand ripper claw||1||Very rare[note 3]||1,061,437|
- ^ 1/512 chance; only drops during Slayer tasks.
- ^ a b c d e f 1/100 chance of dropping. These are dropped in numerical order with the diary being the final journal; each journal must be read to receive the next one. 100% drop rate when the player reaches 200, 400, 600, 800, 1,000 and 1,200 kills respectively.
- ^ a b 1/1,000 for either main or off-hand Ripper claws, 1/5,000 off-task.
Rare drop tableEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
Luck-enhancing items such as a ring of wealth or luck of the dwarves are not required to access the table.
|Show/hide rare drop table|
|Uncut diamond||45–55 (noted)||Rare||162,630–198,770|
|Loop half of a key||1||Common||17,967|
|Tooth half of a key||1||Common||21,105|
|Uncut dragonstone||45–55 (noted)||Rare||527,490–644,710|
|Rune platebody||15–25 (noted)||Rare||564,585–940,975|
|Shield left half||1||Rare||65,160|
|Onyx bolts||135–165||Very rare||1,059,750–1,295,250|
|Water talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||410,800–518,240|
|Earth talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||115,960–146,288|
|Fire talisman||25–35 (noted)||Rare||38,500–53,900|
|Raw lobster||135–165 (noted)||Common||29,970–36,630|
|Raw shark||225–275 (noted)||Uncommon||266,850–326,150|
|Big bones||68–82 (noted)||Uncommon||13,668–16,482|
|Dragon bones||180–220 (noted)||Rare||321,840–393,360|
|Gold ore||90–110 (noted)||Common||15,300–18,700|
|Adamantite ore||180–220 (noted)||Uncommon||216,720–264,880|
|Adamant bar||14–16 (noted)||Common||39,816–45,504|
|Adamant bar||135–165 (noted)||Rare||383,940–469,260|
|Runite ore||90–110 (noted)||Rare||1,082,880–1,323,520|
|Rune bar||3 (noted)||Common||42,060|
|Rune bar||45–55 (noted)||Rare||630,900–771,100|
|Grimy torstol||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||341,550–417,450|
|Grimy snapdragon||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||181,620–221,980|
|Super restore (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||190,800–233,200|
|Prayer potion (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||169,650–207,350|
|Dwarf weed seed||14–16||Uncommon||9,800–11,200|
|Palm tree seed||10||Rare||1,048,570|
|Molten glass||45–55 (noted)||Common||13,770–16,830|
|Soft clay||450–550 (noted)||Uncommon||213,300–260,700|
|Yew logs||68–82 (noted)||Uncommon||13,192–15,908|
|Yew logs||675–825 (noted)||Rare||130,950–160,050|
|Teak plank||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||33,840–41,360|
|Mahogany plank||270–330 (noted)||Rare||389,880–476,520|
|Vecna skull||1||Very rare||268,789|
|Hazelmere's signet ring||1||Very rare||1,885,212,297|
|Brawling gloves (Melee)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Magic)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Ranged)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Agility)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Cooking)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (FM)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Fishing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Hunter)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Mining)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Prayer)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Smithing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Thieving)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (WC)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Mimic kill token||1||Very rare||37,153|
- Don't Fear the Ripper ( 25) - Find and read all five miner's journals and the diary of Jebediah Omnis.
- Upon release, Ripper Demons had the following properties that were changed on 28 November 2016:
- Their spin attack dealt melee damage, but Protect/Deflect Melee and damage reducing abilities would be unable to reduce this damage. They can now be reduced/blocked.
- Ripper Demons used to be aggressive if the player was at 50% or lower life points. This was changed to 35%.
- The Ripper Demon's time to use their instant-kill attack was significantly prolonged.
- Ripper Demons' drop tables were "substantially" buffed.
- A bug caused a single Ripper Demon to attack the player as soon as they entered the mine, regardless of their current life points. This was fixed on 28 November 2016.
- There is a glitch where after using their special attack, if the player has a non-combatant familiar, they will get a message the familiar only attacks in self-defence, even if the player did not order the familiar to attack the demon.
- Using the Oldak coil as well as the best weapons/armour/potions/etc. while running in a circle, players can earn up to 1,130,000 Slayer experience per hour at Ripper Demons.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for these monsters was 13,763 kills.
- ^ Mod Timbo. "Dev Blog: Revealing Drop Rates." 17 November 2017. Existing Game Content Forums.
- ^ Mod Manti. "Dev Blog v2: QP master cape." 11 November 2015. Ninja Team Forums.
- ^ Mod Shauny. "Dev Blog: Revealing Drop Rates." 1 December 2017. Existing Game Content Forums.
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. 2 Feb 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"