|Release date||5 June 2008 (Update)|
|High Alch||90 coins|
|Low Alch||60 coins|
|Store price|| 75 (Per Ring) or 300 (Permanent ability to craft rings) Slayer reward points|
|Examine||An enchanted ring.|
The ring of slaying (or slayer ring) can be used to teleport players to four Slayer destinations and to contact Slayer Masters. Players obtain the ring from slayer masters using Slayer reward points, which players earn by completing multiple Slayer assignments. Players can purchase actual rings, at a cost of 75 points per ring, and can purchase the knowledge of how to craft the rings, at a one-time cost of 300 points.
Since the Social Slayer was introduced on 11 July 2012, players can now invite each other to simply speed up the slayer assignment (experience and drops aren't shared, unless using the Lootshare or Coinshare systems on a multiway combat zone to share the drops) by using the Ring of Slaying or an enchanted gem targeting on the partner. Note that both must be on the same assignment or one of both must have no assignment at all.
The approximate cost of buying a ring is 58,425 coins and learning to craft them costs 233,700 coins (based on 35 points per batch of Slayer Dart runes).
Making a ring requires level 75 Crafting, an enchanted gem (which can be purchased for one coin from any Slayer Master), a gold bar, and a ring mould. Players must have the items in their inventories and use the gold bar on a furnace to make the ring. Making a ring yields 15 Crafting experience, the same as an ordinary gold ring. The assist system will work (for the crafting level, the player making them must have unlocked the knowledge).
Players can also use the ring to contact slayer masters by right clicking it. It functions exactly as a normal enchanted gem in that players cannot get another task, and may only inquire about their current task. The ring also allows players to check their current Slayer reward points. This action does not use up any charges. Slayer rings do not give any combat bonuses.
Each ring has 8 charges, and when they are depleted, players are left with an enchanted gem. At current Grand Exchange prices, each charge costs only 17 coins, assuming that the gold bar is purchased on the Grand Exchange and the enchanted gem is purchased from a Slayer Master. This low cost per charge makes the slayer ring many times less expensive than any teleport spell. The rings will teleport players to any of the locations displayed below.
|Sumona||Players arrive directly in Sumona's house in Pollnivneach. This makes for easy access to the Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon and the Pollnivneach player-owned house portal.|
|Slayer Tower||Players will arrive just outside the main door on the ground floor. Players can use this for fast access to Canifis and its nearby mushroom patch.|
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon||Players arrive just outside the entrance to the dungeon. This destination is notable because it is one of the closest possible teleports to a fairy ring.|
|Tarn's Lair||Players arrive in an empty room next to terror dogs.|
|[view] • [talk]|
- Prior to 9 November 2009, the slayer ring would occasionally display the wrong Slayer Master's chathead when players used it.
- Before 17 November 2009, the only way to check the progress of a task using the slayer ring was to rub it and have a rather lengthy conversation with the Slayer Master, which was impossible to do in combat. On that date, the ring was updated so players could check their progress with just one click, however this still stops the player from continuing to fight if they have auto retaliate off.
- The enchanted gem is light blue, but when forged into the ring the colour turns purple.
- If a player buys the ring from a Slayer Master, the chatbox would say: "Here's your ring. Use it wisely."
- Even though the gem is cut to a smaller state for the ring, it will be unharmed when the charges are up.
- When the final charge on the ring is used, the player receives the message: "The ring collapses into a Slayer gem, which you stow in your pack."
- All players used to be able to teleport to Tarn's Lair, regardless of whether they had killed Tarn or not, but this was changed on 28 November 2011. However, this has since been changed back, and you can now teleport to Tarn's Lair using the ring of slaying prior to beating him, and skip the dungeon.
- If you try to invite yourself to a Social Slayer task, you will get the message: If you want something done properly, you need to do it yourself...but not in this case.
|Equipment from Slayer Masters||
Broad arrows • Earmuffs • Face mask • Insulated boots • Leaf-bladed spear • Nose peg • Mirror shield • Slayer gloves • Slayer's staff • Spiked gauntlets • Spiny helmet • Unlit bug lantern • Witchwood icon
|Items from Slayer Masters|
|Purchased with Slayer reward points|
|Slayer masks and helms|
Ram skull helm (e) • Witchdoctor mask • Icicle crown • Sunbeam crown •Wicked hood • Completionist hood • Mask of Broken Fingers • Helm of the Dead Hand • Mask of Stone • Helm of Petrification • Mask of Reflection • Helm of Little Kings • Mask of the Kura • Helm of the Kuraski • Mask of the Abyss • Helm of Warping
Desert amulet 2 3 4 • Games necklace • Digsite pendant • Skills necklace • Amulet of glory (t) Camulet • Cramulet • Amulet of nature • Drakan's medallion • Dominion medallion Super • Seal of passage • Remora's necklace