|Release date||April 12 2010 (Update)|
|High Alch||0 coins|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Destroy||You can get a new one from the Dungeoneering tutor outside the castle at Daemonheim.|
|On death||Not reclaimable from gravestone|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||This ties you to your allies and enables party configuration in Daemonheim.|
The Ring of kinship was released on 12 April 2010 along with the Dungeoneering skill. It provides an unlimited number of teleports to the Dungeoneering peninsula called Daemonheim, along with numerous other uses including the ability to enter the dungeons, view Dungeoneering party details and customise the ring to apply various combat and non-combat classes. The ring is given to the player by the Dungeoneering tutor at the entrance of Daemonheim and is the only item (other than the Orb of oculus, the Mad necklace or the Skill Pendant) that players are permitted to take into the dungeon from the surface. The Ring of Kinship made Dungeoneering accessible for all players. This item is available to both Pay-to-play and Free-to-play players. It gives no bonuses when worn. If this Ring is not among your Protected Items upon death, you will not be able to find it at your Gravestone and will have to manually get a new one.
Note: The Ring of kinship's teleport can not be used over Level 20 Wilderness, but it could be used in combat after the Evolution of Combat.
Alternative methods of arriving at Daemonheim are:
- Taking a ferry from the dock in front of Al Kharid bank, also accessible from Lumbridge swamp.
- Taking a ferry from the dock behind the bank in Taverley.
- Venturing through the Wilderness from Varrock and heading east.
|[view] • [talk]|
Each party of players is linked by a Ring of kinship which allows the player to form, join, and manage a party. There is also a room in Daemonheim which allows players to have a party selected at random for them.
To form a party, the player must click on the "Form Party" button in the Party Details interface. Once the party is formed, the player may invite other players to the party or leave the party (so others can invite the player). There are options to change the floor number and complexity level, and another to toggle Guide Mode on or off. It also shows the player's current progress and previous progress.
There is also the option to reset progress. When your progress has been reset, you will keep your current prestige, which will give Dungeoneering experience from this prestige when completing dungeons again.
As of 19 July, 2010, members can now customise their ring by purchasing class upgrades with Dungeoneering tokens. There are 12 possible classes, and only one may be active at a time. In order to take advantage of the upgrades, players must wear the rings.
If a player dies outside of Daemonheim with the ring, the player can regain it from the Dungeoneering Tutor for free. The ring will not lose its upgrade, and the tokens spent on upgrading the ring are not wasted.
An upgraded Ring of kinship does not have any boost in a F2P world.
|Meleer||Tank||Damage is reduced when wearing a shield.|
|Tactician||Increases chance of hitting with one handed melee weapons.|
|Berserker||Increases chance of hitting with two-handed melee weapons.|
|Ranger||Sniper||Increases chance of hitting with a bow.|
|Keen-eye||Chance of decreasing target's Defence with range attacks.|
|Desperado||Increases damage of ranged attacks.|
|Mage||Blazer||Chance of applying the combust effect to your target.|
|Blaster||Chance to slow down an opponent's attack speed.|
|Blitzer||Increases chance of casting elemental spells faster.|
|Skiller||Medic||Increases the amount you heal other players.|
|Gatherer||Chance of extra resources and skill task damage reduction.|
|Artisan||Chance of saving resources and increasing rune production.|
Each ring has 10 tiers, and at each tier the effects are increased. The cost of upgrading increases dramatically after tier 8 because players who have earned enough tokens to achieve those tiers will also have a significantly increased capacity to earn Dungeoneering tokens. To get tier 10 in all of the 12 roles you must obtain 3,878,580 tokens which is equivalent to at least 38,785,800 XP (Level 110).
|1||135 dungeoneering tokens||135 dungeoneering tokens|
|2||175 dungeoneering tokens||310 dungeoneering tokens|
|3||335 dungeoneering tokens||645 dungeoneering tokens|
|4||660 dungeoneering tokens||1,305 dungeoneering tokens|
|5||1,360 dungeoneering tokens||2,665 dungeoneering tokens|
|6||3,400 dungeoneering tokens||6,065 dungeoneering tokens|
|7||6,800 dungeoneering tokens||12,865 dungeoneering tokens|
|8||18,750 dungeoneering tokens||31,615 dungeoneering tokens|
|9||58,600 dungeoneering tokens||90,215 dungeoneering tokens|
|10||233,000 dungeoneering tokens||323,215 dungeoneering tokens|
|Total||323,215 dungeoneering tokens|
Players can quickly switch from one type to another using Quick-switch on the ring's right-click menu.
This error message appears if the option has not been configured. "You have no ring selected to quick-switch to. Select 'Customise' and pick a secondary ring to quick-switch to."
To select the secondary ring, right-click on "Switch-to" in the customise interface and choose "Quick-switch".
When the Ring of kinship classes were released on 19 July 2010 with the Dungeoneering 1.5 update, in the original update post, the berserker class effect was described as "Increases Strength levels when calculating damage." Players who purchased this class quickly discovered that when they used spears, they did not get the damage boost. They began to suspect that in order to gain the damage boost, they had to be in the aggressive stance, which spears did not have. They cited the Dungeoneering 1.5 Developers' Blog, which had a work-in-progress screenshot of the class interface which described the berserker class effect as "Increases max hit when in aggressive stance." Initially, Mod Mark H confirmed that the berserker class did not require the aggressive stance to use, however soon afterwards Mod Emilee and Mod Trick confirmed players' suspicions that they must be in the aggressive stance. Many players were very upset by this, since many meleers use spears exclusively while in the dungeon, due to the fact that they have the ability to fight with stab, slash or crush without having to change weapons. They felt that they had wasted a vast amount of tokens on a ring that was of no use to them, and that they were not at fault due to the discrepancy between the Update post, the Game Guide, and the actual mechanics of the game. In response to this, Jagex began looking into ways to reimburse players, and stated that they were working on a one-time only reset option, which was offered on August 19, 2010.
Free players may find the Ring of kinship useful for a variety of tasks, as it teleports players very close to a bank. This can be used to make Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, or Cooking less time consuming. Members can combine this ring with a Spirit graahk familiar for Runecrafting but using a TokKul-Zo (Charged) or Ring of duelling are still faster options. It is also a viable teleport to Al Kharid, since players can teleport to Daemonheim, then take the nearby ferry to Al Kharid. It has no combat bonuses and is allowed to be taken onto Entrana. Law rune running can be convenient as banking time is shortened.
- Prior to July 2011, if a player left a dungeon early by climbing the ladder in the start room, it was possible to rejoin the party by entering the name of a member currently in the party. This only worked if that member had private chat on. Typing the player's own name did not work and would result in the message, "You want to party with yourself?" It is no longer possible for a player to rejoin a party after leaving using the ladder in the start room.
- When the ring is held up to an open flame outside a dungeon, or when destroyed on top of the Wilderness North Volcano, a message appears, alluding to the One Ring from the Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- There is also an Easter egg if you use it on a fire inside Daemonheim.
- When one is on a Free to Play server and attempts to teleport to Daemonheim with the ring while dungeoneering, a message will appear that says "You must be in a member's world to do this," although members may not teleport out of a dungeon via the ring either.
- If the Ring of Kinship is destroyed or banked before starting Dungeoneering, you will be granted another one.
- Whilst Dungeoneering, the Ring of Kinship cannot be destroyed.
- In Vengeance, one of the Fremennik Sagas, it is revealed that the Ring of Kinship is what makes you respawn when you die in Daemonheim.
- If you create a Dungeoneering party then leave it without entering a dungeon, a message will come up saying "You collect your toolbelt as you leave", even though you did not enter a dungeon or even take the belt off.
- ^ a b Mod Emilee. "Game Update FAQ - 19/07/10". 25 July 2010. Recent Updates Forums.
- ^ Mod Mark, Mod Chris L, Mod Liono and Mod Trick. "Dungeoneering Update". 19 July 2010. RuneScape News.
- ^ Mod Liono. "Dungeoneering: Beyond the Release". 28 May 2010. Developers' Blogs.
- ^ Mod Mark H. "-PLEASE!- Change the Tank Ring". 19 July 2010. Recent Updates Forums.
- ^ a b Mod Trick. "Bezerker problem, Mod Mark H". 21 July 2010. Recent updates Forums.
Attack • Agility • Constitution • Construction • Cooking • Crafting • Defence • Farming • Firemaking • Fletching • Fishing • Herblore • Hunter • Magic • Mining • Prayer • Ranged • Runecrafting • Slayer • Smithing • Strength • Summoning • Thieving • Woodcutting
Bosses • Complexity • Doors • Keys • Equipment • Floors • Journals • Level up table • Monsters • Music • Pre-release • Prestige • Puzzles • Resource dungeons • Rooms • Rewards • Strange power • Tiers • Titles • Winterface
Ram skull helm (e) • Witchdoctor mask • Icicle crown • Sunbeam crown •Wicked hood • Completionist hood • Mask of Broken Fingers • Helm of the Dead Hand • Mask of Stone • Helm of Petrification • Mask of Reflection • Helm of Little Kings • Mask of the Kura • Helm of the Kuraski • Mask of the Abyss • Helm of Warping
Desert amulet 2 3 4 • Games necklace • Digsite pendant • Skills necklace • Amulet of glory (t) Camulet • Cramulet • Amulet of nature • Drakan's medallion • Dominion medallion Super • Seal of passage • Remora's necklace
Beacon • Charos(activated) • Easter • Explorer's(1) (2) (3) (4) • Fire • Ferocious • Jennica's • Lunar • 'Perfect' • Slaying • Visibility • Kinship • Vigour • Devotion • Ring of seeking (hide) (seek) (both) • TokKul-Zo • Sixth-Age circuit