|Release date||7 October 2007 (Update)|
Previously Clarence was killed and parts of him were sent around RuneScape. You have encountered Clarence before in The Hand in the Sand and Back to my Roots. Now it's time to put poor Clarence back together so he can rest in pieces.
|Start point:||Talk to Zavistic Rarve at the Magic Guild with Clarence's hand in your inventory.|
|Length:||Short - Medium (Depending on your luck with drops)|
|Items required:||Items from the toolbelt do not need to be listed unless that version won't work, or aren't automatically added to it. |
|Enemies to defeat:||Monsters in the Jade vine maze|
Off To See The WizardEdit
During the Back to my Roots quest, players obtain a hand belonging to the Wizard Clarence from a Smelly package in the RPDT depo. If you destroy it before giving it to Zavistic Rarve, you can get it back by talking to a RPDT employee in East Ardougne.
Go to the Magic guild and ring the bell to make Zavistic Rarve come out. Talk to him about "A sandy problem you'd like to palm off on him" and you will show him the hand that you found. He will take the hand from you and request that you find the other parts of Clarence so he can be buried properly.
Back to your RootsEdit
Items recommended for this part: Decent food, runes for Fire spells, Magic armour.
Head to the Jade Vine Maze on Karamja, which can be accessed from a vine found just south-east of the Nature Altar. The maze is inhabited by various creatures that have somehow gotten ahold of Clarence's corpse, so you must kill them for six body parts (Foot, Torso, Left arm, Right arm, Left leg, Right leg). Any creature can drop any part, and it is possible for the same creature to drop multiple parts. All of the monsters in the maze drop the parts, with the exception of Monkeys, which include:
- Jungle spider (Only in the Jade vine maze.)
- Giant ant worker (Ones killed in the Chaos Tunnels do NOT drop the parts.)
- Giant ant soldier (Ones killed in the Chaos Tunnels do NOT drop the parts.)
- Pernicious parrot
- Tenacious toucan
- Giant wasp
All of the creatures (except the Jungle spider) are weak to Fire spells, so it is reccomended to use Fire blast or better, doing so allows you to kill them in only a few hits.
Go back to the Magic guild, and show the body parts to Zavistic Rarve. He will be pleased that you have found them, and will say that they will go ahead with the burial even though they are lacking one of Clarences' Feet. However, as digging a hole for a coffin is a grave matter, it will take some time. In the meantime, he asks you to get some more evidence against Sandy to prove he murdered Clarence, as the Seers Village Courtroom don't think there's enough evidence to convict him. He will then offer to give you a one time teleport to Sandy's Office in Brimhaven. Accept his offer, and he will teleport you. When you arrive, search Sandy's desk to get a Locked diary. Unlock the diary by clicking on it, although be warned: A trap can trigger on the diary which can cause over 1500 damage to your lifepoints. This might be best opened at your spawn point or within a player owned house! Read the Unlocked diary, which proves once and for all that Sandy murdered Clarence..
Remembrance of ClarenceEdit
Return to Zavistic Rarve with the diary. With the proof that Sandy killed Clarence, Zavistic will be pleased that justice can finally be done against the man. He will then reward you for your efforts with some runes. Zavistic will also offer to let you watch the funeral Accept his offer, and a cutscene will ensue, where Clarence is finally laid to rest by Zavistic Rarve.
Congratulations, Miniquest complete!
Required for completingEdit
The completion of Returning Clarence is a requirement to complete the following:
- Obtaining the completionist cape
- You, Zavistic Rarve, Robe Store Owner, Professor Imblewyn and an unnamed Wizard are present at the funeral.
- During the eulogy, it is mentioned that Clarence was a level 5 Mage from the Draynor Wizard's tower.
- The Robe Store Owner mentions that Clarence was a member of the New Order Occult Bookists. It's really a hidden play on words since the first letters of each word spell out "NOOB."
- During the final funeral ceremony, in the time when Zavistic Rarve casts the spell to fill the grave with soil, Professor Imblewyn shouts, "Rest in pieces!"
- After that, the unnamed Wizard complains about only one foot of Clarence being buried using the pun, "one foot in the grave", (you only find and bring one) and your character replies, that he/she couldn't "foot the bill".
- Before offering to teleport you to Sandy's house to look for evidence, Zavistic Rarve will make a reference to The Wizard of Oz where he tells a girl to click her feet together 3 times to teleport somewhere as a joke.
- During the final funeral ceremony, one of the wizards whispers to you "I say old chap, its a pity you couldn't find his other foot. Now he has only one foot in the grave." This could be a reference to a popular tv sitcom from the 1990's, One Foot in the Grave.