|Prayer book||Standard Prayers|
|Drain rate||50 points per minute (1 point per 1.2 seconds)|
|Effect||Damage to nearby targets when dying.|
Retribution is a prayer that, if active at the time of a player's death, will damage any monsters or players in a 3x3 area (Note: It will only hit multiple opponents in a Multicombat area) for up to 250% of the dead player's base prayer level. For example, if a player died with a base prayer level of 80 and the Retribution prayer active, the damage dealt would go up to 2000. The most damage that can be done using this prayer is 2470 with a prayer level of 99. This prayer is the slowest draining prayer that is visible to other players when active.
If you are killed by another player's Retribution prayer when you have the same prayer activated, your prayer will not take effect.
REMINDER: It will not work in Wilderness!
- This prayer is also commonly used in riots, most notably the 14 hour riot, Mod Hasmo Riot, and the Pay to PK Riot, to show their anger.
- There was an update to this prayer that made the projectiles from Retribution go much faster. Before this, the projectiles could be avoided with relative ease.
- There was a glitch as of 25 March 2009. Some players will notice that retribution is coloured in even if your Prayer level is below 46. Also, free players could use this prayer. The glitch is now fixed.
- Another glitch of the same type as above showed Protect from Melee coloured, but it couldn't be used. This happened when you had boosted your Prayer points above your level (only at the exact level, if it was 44, it wouldn't be coloured).
- Players in the red Stealing Creation waiting area will often line up against the barrier and use this prayer to show they are in the red team; blue team players use Smite, which has a very similar icon other than that it is blue.
- The effect of Retribution will only activate if you died from combat, or any other combat-related damage (like poison). For example, if you die from Thieving, there will be no effect to damage surrounding NPCs, even if the prayer was activated.
|Melee Attack Rating|
|Magic Attack Rating|
|Ranged Attack Rating|
|Knight Training Grounds|