It is set on four islands, where the goal is to collect as many resources as possible in five minutes and load them into the starting island's resource deposit.
There are three islands in conjunction with the starting island at the centre. The western, northern, and eastern islands are the resource locations for Farming, Mining, and Woodcutting, respectively. The resources are colour-coded for skill level needed to gather them.
- Resources that can be obtained by Farming (m) are blue herbs, gold herbs, black herbs, green herbs, and red herbs.
- Resources that can be obtained by Mining are blue ore, gold ore, black ore, green ore, and red ore.
- Resources that can be obtained by Woodcutting are blue logs, gold logs, black logs, green logs, and red logs.
|Colour||Level required||Resource Points||Farming XP||Mining XP||Woodcutting XP|
- It takes approximately 20, 28, 34, 39, and 43 seconds for blue, gold, black, green, and red herbs (respectively) to grow.
- Trees produce around 3 to 6 logs regardless of color.
- Empty your inventory and wear light gear for efficient island-to-island trips.
- Points are only given when the resources are deposited. Resources in the player's inventory do NOT count towards points. Always save the last 9 to 12 seconds for depositing.
- For the same level, herbs are gathered much quickly than logs once the first batch is planted. Players may take five seeds of the same type from the seed sacks in the middle of the Farming island. Players may plant five seeds, simply wait for the first batch to grow - it only takes around 20 to 43 seconds to grow, depending on colour.
- The herbs do not seem to get diseased.
- The speed of collecting ores or logs appears to be unaffected by the type of pickaxe or hatchet used (i.e., bronze compared to rune); almost the same resource points are yielded regardless of the metal of the tool.
- The additional ores feature of Varrock armour does work here. Use it to your advantage! Also, there are three red ore rocks clustered relatively closely together on the right side - one can go between them with little to no time spent waiting for respawn, gathering a green ore if necessary for maximum points.
- There seems to be no bonus awarded doing different tasks or getting different resources.
- You can go back as many times as you wish to get more contribution points, but there is a limited amount of experience (depending on the skill level) on each skill you can obtain per day. You will be notified when the XP cap is about to be reached or is already attained.
- Only on your first game of the day, you get 2 times the contribution points you earned for that round.
- Normally, the amount of resource points deposited is equal to the contribution points given. But as you approach 2000 contribution points, less is received on the following games.
- Although there is no notice nor warning given, forfeiting the round will not earn you experience nor contribution points, regardless of the equivalent amount of resource points deposited. In addition, the supposed experience will still count towards the XP cap.
Maximizing Farming XP Edit
A reliable method for maximizing Farming XP during the Resource Race activity is as follows:
- When the activity begins, run to the sack containing seeds.
- Take out 5 seeds of the highest color you can plant.
- Plant one seed in each patch.
- When you have finished planting all 5 patches, you will have to wait 10-15 seconds before the first patch is ready to harvest. Use this time to take another 10 seeds out of the sack. You will likely not need all of them, but get them just in case.
- As soon as the first patch is ready to pick, begin harvesting. As you are harvesting, select the seed stack in your inventory.
- When you see the plant disappear, quickly click the patch. This will let you re-plant the patch before you complete the harvesting animation and save time. This way, by the time you come back around to this patch, it will be fully grown.
- Run quickly to the next patch. Continue harvesting and replanting in this fashion. When your inventory fills up, empty it into the deposit area. Try to do this when you are at one of the front two patches, even if your inventory is not completely full.
- Around the middle of your second circuit of the five patches, start keeping an eye on the clock. You should have enough time to do two cycles and one or two more patches.
- When the timer gets to around 0:20, angle your camera so you can click directly on the resource hopper. If one of the two patches nearer to the hopper can be harvested, start picking from it. This will place you closer to the hopper.
- When the clock reaches 0:10, click on the resource hopper to make your final deposit just before time runs out. It takes about 7 seconds to make this run if you are in one of the front patches.
This method will reliably gain you 60+ herbs per game. This will allow you to hit your daily XP cap quickly.
- The 5 colors of the resources (blue, gold, black, green, and red) are the same colors as the Olympic rings, except the Gielinor Games gold is used for the Olympic Games yellow. They are also in the same order left to right.
- Even if the player gained 0 experience in one or more of the skills in the Resource Race, those skills would still count towards Jack of trades.
|Gielinor Games Preparation||