|Main Music||The Slayer, Masquerade|
|Strongest Monster||Aquanite (level 136)|
|Inhabitants/Race||Demons, various monsters|
Click the map to view a larger version.
|Location on World Map|
|Golden Apple Tree||←||Rellekka Slayer Dungeon||→||Troll Stronghold|
The Fremennik Slayer Dungeon is a dungeon located southeast of Rellekka, featuring monsters that can only be killed by those skilled in the Slayer skill. The monsters get progressively harder as the player goes deeper into the dungeon. It was released during the Slayer Skill update on 26 January 2005.
There are twelve ways to reach the dungeon:
- Players can set out from Rellekka and head South-east past the Golden Apple Tree.
- Players can get there via the Fairy rings. (Code: AJR). This is also a fast way to bank in Zanaris.
- The Eagle transport system gets the player a bit to the north of the dungeon.
- Players can travel south from the entrance to the underground city of Keldagrim.
- Players may use the Slayer ring teleport.
- Players may use Teleport to House (if their house is in Rellekka)
- Players may use the portals inside one of the chambers on the lower floor of the Desert Slayer Dungeon (assuming that they have fought at least one of the bosses.)
- Players may use enchanted Lyre to teleport south of the entrance to Rellekka and then walk the rest of the way.
- If players have started the Giant Dwarf quest they may travel to Keldagrim via the Grand Exchange or the dwarven mines and head south. They can also catch the train from Dorgesh-Kaan to Keldagrim if they have completed the "Death to the Dorgeshuun" quest.
- Players may teleport to Camelot (or Seers Village, after Hard tasks) and travel the road that leads north, taking a left at the first fork, which leads you towards Rellekka.
- Players who have completed "Love Story" may use Rellekka Teleport Tablets to teleport to the house portal just outside of Rellekka.
- Players can use slayer masks to teleport here. The "Mask of Stone", "Mask of Reflection" and "Mask of the Kura" and their upgraded helm versions can teleport players to the Cockatrice, Basilisk and Kurask areas of the dungeon, respectively. Each mask or helm is limited to two teleports per day.
Note: Everything but the Kurask and Cave Crawlers is unaggressive (although the Cave Crawlers are only aggressive to players with a Combat level of 46 and below). Cannons cannot be used in this dungeon because the air in the tunnel is too "humid".
This dungeon contains several slayer monsters, each with its own chamber.
- The first chamber contains eight Cave Crawlers (level 10 Slayer is required to kill them). They are level 76 and 106. This chamber also contains an Agility shortcut which, at level 81 Agility, can be used to enter the Pyrefiend area.
- The second chamber contains seven Rockslugs - level 20 Slayer and a Bag of salt are required to kill them. These are level 70.
- The third chamber contains seven Cockatrice. They require level 25 Slayer and a Mirror shield or a Mask of Stone/Reflection - without one, the player's stats (including life points) will be dangerously reduced. Furthermore, they commonly drop level 2 Clue scrolls. These are level 64.
- The fourth chamber contains thirteen Pyrefiends which can be killed at level 30 Slayer. They attack with magic; therefore, wearing dragonhide or other high magic defence armour would be wise. The Agility shortcut here requires level 81 Agility, and leads back to the first chamber. Like Cockatrice, these also drop level 2 Clue scrolls. They are level 88 and 96.
- The fifth chamber contains eight Basilisks which require level 40 Slayer and a Mirror shield or Mask of Stone/Reflection to kill. There is a small safe spot against the southeast wall. (The safespot spans multiple squares, and can be utilized by standing directly adjacent to the zigzag pattern.) From there, a player can safely attack any Basilisk to the north. Engaging with a southern Basilisk will allow them to reach the player. With level 62 Agility the player can use the agility shortcut to enter the Turoth (seventh) chamber. Also, upon entering this chamber, the music will change from The Slayer to Masquerade. These, like cockatrices and pyrefiends, drop level 2 clue scrolls. They are level 110.
- The sixth chamber contains ten Jellies, which require level 52 Slayer to kill. They use ranged attacks, so melee armour is recommended. All monsters beyond and including these can drop level 3 Clue scrolls. These are level 98.
- The seventh chamber contains twelve Turoths, requiring level 55 Slayer to kill. They are immune to all attacks not dealt via a Leaf bladed spear, a Leaf-bladed sword, Broad arrows, Broad-tipped bolts or the Magic Dart spell. The Agility shortcut requires level 62 Agility and leads back to the Basilisk (fifth) chamber. These are level 123, 126, 127 and 130.
- The eighth chamber contains five Kurask. They require 70 Slayer to kill. Like Turoths, they are immune to all damage not dealt via a Leaf bladed spear, a Leaf-bladed sword, Broad arrows, Broad-tipped bolts, or the Magic Dart spell. These are level 112. These are the only aggressive monsters in this dungeon (unless you have a combat level of under 46.)
- The ninth and final chamber contains a number of Aquanites. They require level 78 Slayer to kill, and have the ability to turn off a player's protection prayer. They can drop an Amulet of ranging. Aquanites are not aggressive. These are level 136.
- When examining the cave entrance from the outside, the game text used to read, "Wow - it's a guinea pig! No, hang on, it's a cave." - a pun on "cavie". Now it reads, "It leads to a small cave."
- The layout of the dungeon is backwards. One enters by walking east but then to progress through the caves, the player must go west.
- You can see a portion of The Kendal's cave from the north side of the Cockatrice area.
- Dwarf Cannons cannot be setup in this Cavern, yielding the response "The humid air in these tunnels won't do your cannon any good!"
- There was a (now fixed) glitch where if you dropped an item immediately outside the dungeon entrance, it would float high in the air.
- Kurasks used to be the strongest monsters in the dungeon until the Aquanites were released.
- Most of the monsters drop white/gold parts of the Mystic set.
- In the jelly room, with an orb of Oculus, you can see one of the rooms used in the Fremennik Trials.
- If you look in the chasm jump, you will see the Holy Grail from one of the final scenes in Indiana Jones and the last Crusade.