|Release date||2 November 2004 (Update)|
|No. of banks|| 1 Bank Deposit Box|
(Peer the Seer with Fremennik sea boots or during The Fremennik Trials)
|No. of altars||0|
|No. of obelisks||1|
|Leader||Brundt the Chieftain|
|Teleportation||Enchanted Lyre, House Teleport (if house is in Rellekka), Rellekka tablet|
Rellekka is a town in the Fremennik Province situated by the Lunar Sea. All of its features can be used by players who have completed The Fremennik Trials, and afterwards, the Fremennik will address the player by their Fremennik name. It was the site of the Battle for Rellekka.
Rellekka is well known for being the capital of the Fremennik Province, and is popular amongst many players for its array of skill training facilities.
Built along the northern seas, Rellekka, along with the rest of the Fremennik Province, is an amazing place to train a variety of skills. Its large port allows for quick access to many islands, and the nearby Dwarven capital of Keldagrim greatly fuels the city's industry. Rellekka's close proximity to areas such as the Brine Rat Cavern, Fremennik Slayer Dungeon, and Rellekka Hunter area makes it very popular amongst some players. It is also the home to a very popular training ground, where you can fight the Rock Crabs (which are recommended due to their low combat level and high life points), and level 42 Hobgoblins.
Rellekka's excellent location makes it a very easy city to access. There are a large variety of ways to reach Rellekka, some more effective than others.
- Teleport via the Lodestone Network to the Fremennik Province and head west, or teleport to the Seer's Village lodestone and run north.
- There are five fairy rings in the area: one on Miscellania (CIP), one near Keldagrim (DKS), one near the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon (AJR), and two near Sinclair Mansion (CJR and DJR). The one near the Slayer dungeon, in particular, makes getting to Rellekka extremely easy.
- Another option is the Enchanted lyre, which is acquired during The Fremennik Trials. When charged, it will teleport the player to Rellekka's entrance.
- Perhaps the fastest way to reach Rellekka is to build your player-owned house here. The house portal is located just outside the village gates, and, when teleported to, puts players right next to the city. To do this, you must have 30 Construction and 40 Magic (if you wish to teleport there via the portal in player-owned houses). If the Love Story quest has been completed, players can use a Rellekka tablet (made from a chipped Teleport to house tablet) to teleport to the Rellekka house portal, even if their house is located elsewhere.
- Players who have unlocked the Lunar Spells can teleport to Lunar Isle. They need only talk to one of the NPCs in the area to be instantly teleported near the Rellekkan marketplace, provided they do not have a Seal of passage equipped or in their inventory.
- If a player has 83 Farming, they will be able to plant a Spirit tree on Etceteria, which is a quick boat ride away.
- After completion of Smoking Kills, a ring of slaying can be bought for 75 Slayer reward points. It gives the ability to teleport to the entrance to the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon, which is east of Rellekka.
There are no banks in Rellekka, but the nearest ones are on the Islands of Neitiznot and Jatizso, Miscellania and Etceteria, or the Seers' Village . However, if you have not yet completed Fremennik Trials, you can deposit your items with Peer the Seer.
|Sigmund the Merchant||─||Marketplace||
Note: All prices are in coins.
|Rellekka Longhall Bar||─||Longhall|
|Fremennik Fur Trader||Marketplace|
|Skulgrimen's Battle Gear||Behind the Longhall|
|Yrsa's Accoutrements||West of Marketplace|
The marketplace is perhaps the most important part of Rellekka. It is a well-known thieving spot and is frequently visited by hunters and fishermen.
In the marketplace, there are many thieving spots, including 3 fish stalls and 2 fur stalls. There is also a Fremennik wandering around that can be pickpocketed. It is not so easy to steal from the stalls, though, as they are heavily guarded by Rellekka's Market guards. Sigmund the Merchant also sells a variety of goods in a general store-like shop that many players don't know about, as it is not shown on the world map.
- Brundt the Chieftain - Chieftain of the Fremennik tribe. He is very knowledgeable about their history. He plays a key role in many local quests.
- Olaf the Bard - A loyal bard of the Fremenniks, he brings music to the village longhall (though no one really likes his music). He knows the secret of the Fremennik Lyre.
- Thora the Barkeep - The barmaid of the longhall. She once travelled the world, inventing many exotic drinks. One in particular was said to be irresistible. Now she is content with serving drunken warriors, and refuses to recreate her legendary cocktail.
- Jarvald - A mighty Fremennik huntsman. He will take players to Waterbirth Island, the home of the mighty Dagannoth Kings.
- Askeladden - A young boy who dreams of becoming a Fremennik warrior one day. He also will give you a pet rock if you have reached a certain point in The Fremennik Trials.
- Manni the Reveller - A warrior who spends most of his time drinking in the longhall. He is said to be unbeatable in a drinking contest.
- Sigmund the Merchant - A merchant who sells his wares in the marketplace.
- Peer the Seer - A seer who can see the future. If spoken to, he will give you a vague hint of what the future may hold for you. He will be able to help you make Skeletal armour.
- Sigli the Huntsman - A hunter who seeks to slay the Draugen. He will be able to help you make Spined armour.
- Volf Olafson - A young boy who awaits his father, Olaf Hradson's, return.
- Dron - A paranoid Fremennik who talks in riddles.
- Blanin - Dron's brother.
- Ingrid Hradson - Olaf Hradson's wife.
- Swensen the Navigator - The Fremennik's greatest navigator. His name consists entirely of compass points.
- Yrsa - Yrsa sells a large variety of clothing and will also change your default boots.
- Sailor - The unnamed sailor will take you to Miscellania.
- Maria Gunnars - She will ferry players to Neitiznot. She is Mord Gunnars' wife.
- Mord Gunnars - He will take players to Jatizso. He is Maria Gunnars' husband.
- Lokar Searunner - A pirate. He is the starting point of Lunar Diplomacy, and will take players to the Pirate's Cove, whether they have a Seal of passage or not. To reach Lunar Isle without teleporting requires players to first come to Lokar.
- Agnar - A Fremennik citizen.
- Borrokar - Citizen with a nice bed.
- Longhall Bouncer - Comments on your great singing.
- Bjorn - A rather drunken man in the longhall.
- Freidir - A Fremennik citizen.
- Pontak - The farmer.
- Freygerd - A Fremennik citizen.
- Lensa - A Fremennik citizen.
- Inga - A Fremennik citizen.
- Sassilik - A Fremennik citizen.
Rellekka is currently home to six quests: The Fremennik Trials, The Fremennik Isles, Lunar Diplomacy, Olaf's quest, Glorious Memories and Blood Runs Deep. The Fremennik Trials begins in the Main Hall of Rellekka, and Lunar Diplomacy begins in the westernmost deck of the town. The Fremennik Isles begins on the north-eastern most dock. Olaf's Quest begins north-east of Rellekka by talking to Olaf Hradson. Glorious Memories begins in the Fremennik Longhall by speaking to Manni the Reveller. Blood Runs Deep is started on Lunar Isle but Rellekka is heavily involved in the storyline.
Rellekka, built next to the sea, is a thriving port town. Ships travel to and from Rellekka regularly. From Rellekka it is possible to travel to:
- Centre dock
- West dock
- Pirate's Cove, speak to Lokar Searunner - Requires part of Lunar Diplomacy. Points of interest include swamp tar respawns and moss giants.
- Waterbirth Island, speak to Jarvald - Points of interest include snape grass respawns, rock crabs, and Waterbirth Dungeon.
- North dock
- Fremennik Isles - Also known as Neitiznot and Jatizso. Jatizso requires a small amount of The Fremennik Isles quest, while Neitiznot requires a little more. The quest is started on the docks. Points of interest include yaks, the spinning wheel, Jatizso Mines, ice trolls, anvils, two banks, a tannery, several shops, a furnace, range, water source.
- Northeast of Rellekka
- Iceberg - Although technically not part of Rellekka's port, the small boat east of Rellekka will take players to the Penguin Outpost, home to the penguin agility course.
Apart from all of this, there are also dozens of fishing spots on the docks.
- House Portal: A portal where a Player-Owned-House can be located.
- Keldagrim: To the east is an entrance to the dwarven city.
- Golden Apple Tree: A tree upon which the apples are golden.
- The bridge: To the south is the bridge required for walking access.
If you have started The Fremennik Isles, you can take a boat to Jatizso or Neitiznot and use the bank there. If you have finished part of the Fremennik Province Tasks, you can talk to Peer the Seer to bank your items.
The marketplace of Rellekka is an excellent place to thieve. There are 3 fish stalls and 2 fur stalls, guarded only by level 48 market guards which patrol the area. There are also many people who can be pickpocketed, and several chests with loot such as nature runes, coins, and steel arrowheads.
The docks in Rellekka are teeming with fish. In fact, Rellekka has one of the largest varieties of fishing spots in all of RuneScape. Within Rellekka it is possible to catch shrimp, sardines, herring, anchovies, mackerel, trout, cod, tuna, lobster, bass, swordfish, and shark. While big net fishing it is also possible to get seaweed (useful in crafting), leather boots, leather gloves, and caskets. To support all of these facilities, there is a fish trader who will buy and sell raw fish, as well as fishing supplies such as bait. In fact, the distance between Peer the Seer and the fishing spots is less than the distance between the Catherby bank and the Catherby fishing spots, making this an even more efficient training spot than than the more commonly used Catherby spots.
There are two firepits in the main lodge that never die out. Players can obtain raw fish by fishing in the nearby spots, or buy/steal them from the fish monger in the market. There is also a dairy cow and churn to make milk into dairy products like butter, cream, or cheese. There is also a small non-player-owned field where players can pick cabbage, onions, and potatoes for cooking.
The mine north-east of the longhall contains several clay rocks. By using the well south-east of the longhall and pottery features west of the marketplace, it is possible to craft any clay item within Rellekka. If you build your house there, you can also craft teleport tablets in Rellekka.
It is also possible to craft glass without ever leaving the area. By big net fishing, it is possible to gather seaweed. Even faster, though, is the method which involves the north-eastern beach. North-east of the village is a large beach swarming with rock crabs (which drop seaweed), as well as many seaweed respawns. The sandpit is in northern Rellekka and the furnace is in western Rellekka.
In addition, there is also a flax field just south of the village. The spinning wheel in Rellekka allows players to make bowstrings without leaving the village.
Mining and SmithingEdit
To the north-east of the longhall of Rellekka there is a mining area. There is a furnace and an anvil just on the other side of town, in the south-west corner. When paired with the expansive mine on Jatizso, this area can be used effectively. This is the ideal spot for mining coal if you are wearing the Fremennik sea boots and have access to the bank in Jatizso. Talk to Peer the Seer to deposit your ores, then just go to Jatizso and pick them up at the bank when you are ready to smelt.
The nearby Rellekka Hunter area hosts a large variety of creatures to capture and is one of the largest hunter spots in RuneScape. In Rellekka, there is a fur trader who will buy all hunter fur. There also seems to be a large amount of Implings in the area, particularly on the path to the south of the city.
Players with level 30 or higher construction may move their house to Rellekka by talking to one of the Estate agents in Varrock, Seer's Village, East Ardougne, or Falador. The nearby clay mine, oak trees, and regular trees are excellent for gathering building materials. The nearby Stonemason in Keldagrim also is extremely helpful when building more high-levelled furniture.
- Seaweed - Respawns on the beach, amongst the rock crabs.
- Beer - A mug of beer respawns in the longhall.
- Tankard - An empty mug respawns near the beer in the longhall.
- Keg of beer - This item cannot be picked up, as Manni will yell at you when you try.
- Bucket of milk - Respawns in a small hut on the eastern side of town.
- Iron pickaxe - Respawns on the beach, amongst the rock crabs and hobgoblins.
- Bronze hatchet - Respawns on the beach, amongst the rock crabs and hobgoblins.
- Bones - Respawns on the beach, amongst the rock crabs.
- Knife - Respawns on the beach, amongst the rock crabs.
- Nature Runes - Two of these respawn near the beach on a small island. They can only be obtained through the use of the Telegrab spell.
- Sapphire - A cut sapphire respawns near the nature runes on another small island. Like the nature runes, this can only be obtained by using the Telegrab spell.
- The geography of Rellekka and the surrounding areas is very similar to that of Iceland and the other Nordic countries.
- The beach to the north has a peninsula that closely resembles Scandinavia, where Vikings originated from.
- Many of the characters' names are references to famous figures in Norse folklore.
- The ladder in Thorvald the Warrior's house allows one to select "climb-up" on it twice, however upon selecting this option from the attic with the Nature rune chest, a message appears to inform the player that "The roof gets in the way".
|Part 6 of the Fremennik quest series|