The Red Axe is a Dwarven mining company, and a member of the Consortium of eight mining companies which rules Keldagrim. It is led by a Dwarf named Hreidmar. The Red Axe is considered to be the most influential of the mining companies, as well as the largest.
The Red Axe was last seen in the Rise of the Red Axe quest series (made up of the The Giant Dwarf, Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf, Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf and King of the Dwarves quests). When Hreidmar's face was not put on the giant statue's face, he left the city, taking the Red Axe with him. Now he is leading an army of chaos dwarves in an attempt to conquer Keldagrim. The company has allied itself with the gnomes of the hidden city of Arposandra, as well as a very powerful Ogre Shaman.
They are also noted in The Fremennik Isles quest, where it was shown that they were trading with Jatizso, undoubtedly for the ore beneath the city. In Another Slice of H.A.M. they appear again, trading with the Dorgeshuun.
In the Hunt for Red Raktuber quest, four dwarves from the Red Axe, Glosur, Medwin, Baden, and Obert, join sides with the KGP because they think the Red Axe is taking too long to take action. Thus, they take things into their own hands, team up with the penguins, and help them plan to take over RuneScape.
- Hreidmar - The Director
- Red Axe Secretary - Hreidmar's secretary, although he is not seen after The Giant Dwarf
- Colonel Grimsson - Initially the Red Axe Henchman, he is Hreidmar's right hand
- Grunsh - A powerful ogre shaman loyal to the company
- Grundt - An emissary on Jatizso
- Brendt - An emissary on Jatizso
- Vigr - Runs a warhammer shop in Keldagrim.
- Ambassadors of Arposandra:
- Engineers who joined sides with the penguins.
- Chaos dwarves, Chaos dwarf hand cannoneers and Chaos dwogres - The soldiers of the army