"Ror" redirects here. For the Ritual of Rejuvenation, click here.
|Release date||20 April 2004 (Update)|
|High Alch||540 coins|
|Low Alch||360 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||480 coins (info)|
|Examine||An enchanted ring.|
A ring of recoil is made by enchanting a sapphire ring with Enchant Level 1 Jewellery. 10% of the damage dealt in an attack to a player wearing a Ring of recoil is dealt back to the attacker, whether a monster or another player. The damage is always rounded up to the nearest 10, even if an attack only does 1 damage to you the ring will recoil 10 damage, from there it rounds up.
The ring shatters after recoiling 4000 life points. Many low-level players find the ring useful, as its lifespan is greatly increased against weaker opponents. It currently costs 120 coins for every 1000 damage recoiled with rings of recoil.
It appears that when under attack from multiple opponents in a Multicombat area, the recoil damage is dealt on a random monster rather than the one that landed the blow, sometimes even deflecting multiple hits on a single target at the same time. The effects of the ring stack with Vengeance.
The amount of damage the ring has recoiled is not calculated per ring. Once a player has had 4000 life points worth of damage recoiled, whichever ring or recoil is currently equipped will be destroyed.
|[view] • [talk]|
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Mummy 84,96,103,125 1 Rare
Some monsters are not affected by Rings of recoil. Note that, contrary to popular belief, the ring does work against the Barrows brothers.
A ring of recoil is known not to work against these creatures:
The ring of recoil also does not work against the following quest characters:
- Count Draynor in Vampyre Slayer
- King Roald (monster) in What Lies Below
- The Dagannoth Mother found in Blood Runs Deep
- Nomad in the grandmaster quest Nomad's Requiem
- One of the TzHaar-Xil (Hardened) in The Elder Kiln
- TokHaar-Hok in The Brink of Extinction
If an opponent runs out of life points, but inflicts damage just before it dies, a message will appear stating that: "You are unable to reflect damage back to this creature."
- At one point, there was a glitch where if two players were fighting and they both had a ring of recoil on, they would be hit many times, because the ring counters damage, and when it would counter the other players ring would counter, and the rings would continue to counter back non-stop until one of the rings shattered. This has been fixed, though players still report it to happen in certain locations, such as the Fight Pits and Clan Wars.
Beacon • Charos(activated) • Easter • Explorer's(1) (2) (3) (4) • Fire • Ferocious • Jennica's • Lunar • 'Perfect' • Slaying • Visibility • Kinship • Vigour • Devotion • Ring of seeking (hide) (seek) (both) • TokKul-Zo • Sixth-Age circuit