This is a subquest of Recipe for Disaster.
- This quest has a quick guide, found here, which briefly summarises the steps needed to complete the quest.
|Start point:||Inspect the dwarf.|
|Items required:||Items from the toolbelt do not need to be listed unless that version won't work, or aren't automatically added to it. |
|Enemies to defeat:||None|
Inspect the Mountain dwarf (Vestri) in the banquet hall in Lumbridge Castle. Gypsy Aris tells you to find his father in the mountain tunnel he guards and that rock cakes are the key to protecting the dwarf.
Start in Falador, in the Rising Sun Inn, east of the west bank. Talk to Emily. Ask her what she can tell you about "dwarves and ale". She will offer to tell you the secret recipe for Asgoldian ale for the price of 200 coins ( free with an activated Ring of Charos, for 100 coins and a plain pizza, or for 50 gold and a chocolate bar).
After paying her, she will tell you to add a gold coin to an Asgarnian ale (which you should buy five of while you're here) to get an Asgoldian ale. Buy five Asgarnian ales from her, and then add coins per the secret recipe to get five Asgoldian ales. Another method for members, which some find to be cheaper, is to buy your five ales from Tostig in the Pick and Lute bar in Taverley, where the ales cost two coins instead of three.
Put one gold coin in each of the ales. Speak to Rohak again. He will not help you if you don't give him all four Asgoldian ales (use them on him or speak to him); you'll know you've done it right when there's a brief fade-out accompanied by the statement, "Several beers later..." After he is sufficiently drunk, he will agree to make you a rock cake. It is, however, possible to fail. Use your fifth ale in him quickly after the fade-out lest he sober up.Give him 100 coins, and then give him your bucket of milk, egg, flour, and a bowl of water and make sure you are wearing your gloves. Rohak will bake the rock cake and place it on the table. Pick it up while wearing gloves (spiked gauntlets also work): be quick because the rock cake will disappear quickly. If you are not fast enough that the rock cake disappears, you will need the ingredients for another.
It will still be very hot, so you need to cool the rock cake down before you can give it to the dwarf back in Lumbridge.
Cooling the Rock Cake Edit
Ways to cool the Rock cake:
- If you were wearing Ice Gloves when you picked up the Rock Cake, you can give the cake to the dwarf immediately. (If you forget to wear the Ice Gloves when you pick up the Rock Cake, you can drop the cake, wear the Ice Gloves, and pick the Rock cake off the ground to cool it.)
- You can go to Ice Mountain, and kill an Ice Fiend. (use the combat bracelet teleport to the Monastery, use the Edgeville home Teleport, or use the minecarts to get there quickly) Ice Fiends do not drop ice gloves, but they can cool your rock cake with their breath after you kill them.
- If you don't have the mining skill to get to the Ice Fiends, you can leave your rock cake in your bank and after awhile it will have cooled on it's own.
Head back to Lumbridge Castle, and give the cooled cake to the dwarf to complete this subquest.
- 1 quest point
- 1,000 Experience
- 1,000 Experience
- (Further) access to the Culinaromancer's chest.
- 2 extra spins on the Squeal of Fortune
Recipe for Disaster subquests and bosses